2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would be terrified of these power flashes. Isn't there the danger of electrocution with all that water?
Are those flashes transformers blowing up? Do electric currents stop? I'm not sure, maybe once they blow up there's no longer the danger?
But what about downed power lines?

I'm scared of electricity. If my house had even 2" of water I would turn my power off immediately.

My ex husband was electrocuted once. Idiot didn't turn the switch off while fiddling around with a ceiling lamp.
He flew off the table, FLEW, backwards, and landed across the room ! It wasn't a pretty sight. Well, that taught him a lesson !

Last edited:
Keep safe and well everybody!
'What’s happening after Milton?
By sunrise, Milton will likely emerge over Atlantic Waters. The wind will gradually decrease along the Florida Peninsula, and so will the rain showers. Showers will diminish from west to east, and the afternoon will remain rather fresh, with neither winds nor crazy conditions at times. The skies will be mostly blue, and it will feel rather comfortable out there with lower levels of humidity.'

A
I'm scared of electricity. If my house had even 2" of water I would turn my power off immediately.

My ex husband was electrocuted once. Idiot didn't turn the switch off while fiddling around with a ceiling lamp.
He flew off the table, FLEW, backwards, and landed across the room ! It wasn't a pretty sight. Well, that taught him a lesson !
Turn it off for the night if you feel safer. Probably you have torches if you need them. Always terrible when these storms hit at night

Feel very much for those of you affected.

A

Turn it off for the night if you feel safer. Probably you have torches if you need them. Always terrible when these storms hit at night

Feel very much for those of you affected.
Ohh, I'm not in Florida. But if I were, yes, I'd turn off the electricity if there was water in the house, if there still was power.
Here we just have earthquakes and fires. And my gas valve automatically shuts off the gas at the slightest shake, so I'm good........knock wood.

I also heard that Tampa Bay basically drained out, in a sort of reverse storm surge. Does anyone know if, or how rapidly, it has refilled?

BTW, Scientology's headquarters are in Clearwater, which is an oceanfront city. Any word on how they're faring?

I also heard that Tampa Bay basically drained out, in a sort of reverse storm surge. Does anyone know if, or how rapidly, it has refilled?

BTW, Scientology's headquarters are in Clearwater, which is an oceanfront city. Any word on how they're faring?

Water levels fluctuated across Tampa Bay on Wednesday. According to observations from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), water levels at the East Bay gauge near downtown Tampa were more than 5 feet below normal levels around 11 p.m. ET—a nearly 4-foot reverse in the span of less than two hours.

The shoreline in St. Petersburg was over 2 feet below normal levels around 11 p.m. ET Wednesday as well. In Clearwater, water levels dropped 3 feet below normal levels around 8:12 p.m. ET, just before Milton was making landfall roughly 70 miles south. By 11 p.m. ET, waters in Clearwater were on the rise and clocked at just 1 1/2 feet from normal levels.

Storm surge warnings are in effect along Florida's western and southwestern coast through late Thursday afternoon.

Ohh, I'm not in Florida. But if I were, yes, I'd turn off the electricity if there was water in the house, if there still was power.
Here we just have earthquakes and fires. And my gas valve automatically shuts off the gas at the slightest shake, so I'm good........knock wood.
Earthquakes here as well. We could really do with some rain, reservoirs are very low , even the Brazilian Amazonian wetlands have dried up for the first time. We have had water rationing for 24 hours every week since April. Climate is suffering everywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back