4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather like this theory of entry at the upstairs balcony slider and not through the kitchen slider. It makes it much easier to explain how Xana was able to receive her food and deposit the remaining leftovers by the sink. He was parked 4 min after DD. She's on TikTok at 4:12 so she's likely finished with the meal. If the killer enters upstairs, he avoids the 2nd floor until departure.

What makes him attack Ethan then Xana may not be known until trial, if ever.
I would think coming through the upstairs balcony slider would get the dog barking earlier than I believe he did. Murphy was used to people downstairs so wouldn't bark at every little noise from down there, but he was not used to someone climbing up (somehow) to come through the upstairs slider. I'd think that would have set him off.

Sure, we've heard he was captured barking (and a thud) from a neighbors cam, but it's my belief that's after BK came up the stairs and attacked the 2 girls. Their anguish would have set him off.

I've said before I also believe only 1 person was targeted, but he found 2 in bed so they both went. Since I believe only 1 was targeted (Maddie), then Xana and Ethan were killed because he likely bumped into her since Xana was still up (likely "Someone's here" so Ethan opened the door). I'm thinking they would have lived like the other 2 roomies had she not been awake and he (or she) hadn't opened the door and looked out. It's my belief 2 was 1 killing too many and he just wanted out of there, For whatever reason he felt he had to kill them too. I think Dylan got really lucky.

I don't think we know what he was wearing when the task forced entered the home. There were 50 agents and multiple doors and windows were broken for them to gain entry. I'm not surprised that he may have grabbed a flashlight when that happened. I've read about similar arrests and often the electricity is cut off so the criminals can't delete computer contents.

Pennsylvania State Police Major Christopher Paris said during an afternoon press conference that "force was used" to gain access to the Kohbergers' home during the early morning hours of Dec. 30 in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania.

"There were multiple windows that were broken, I believe, to gain access, as well as multiple doors," Paris said during the press conference Tuesday afternoon, adding that Bryan Kohberger's parents were home at the time.

Paris said that preparations for the search warrants execution began on the evening of Dec. 29, and added that around 50 "tactical assets" were on scene.

Ah, I just meant that if the list of clothes was what he was actually dressed in and not a list of items removed from the house (which would make sense as there's only one of each clothing item) then he was effectively wearing sporting clothes including sneakers and some type of torch device about his person at the time he was grabbed.

As a night owl, I imagine he may have heard suspicious noises and been wide awake and preparing to do a runner or he may have been still up and dressed like that despite it was the small hours of night? Night running? Wouldn't he have been rather cold tho? Regardless, I'll bet if the electricity went off and there was 50 operatives surrounding the house, he knew the gig was up quite some time before doors and windows started smashing.

Wow!
That nobody died of heart attack is really lucky.
JMO

True! I wonder how the tactical hit squad manage these types of situations as obviously they don't want the innocent people (parents) to come to harm and they also don't want to create a siege / hostage situation or get fired upon themselves.

If BK is the sort of guy I'd imagine, he'd have had some sort of plans for this type of event. Or he was so arrogant he imagined it was never going to happen. The search for the white elantra must have surely have had him firmly alerted to being in the frame.

True! I wonder how the tactical hit squad manage these types of situations as obviously they don't want the innocent people (parents) to come to harm and they also don't want to create a siege / hostage situation or get fired upon themselves.

If BK is the sort of guy I'd imagine, he'd have had some sort of plans for this type of event. Or he was so arrogant he imagined it was never going to happen. The search for the white elantra must have surely have had him firmly alerted to being in the frame.
I guess it all happened in seconds.
When parents awoke he was already shackled.

But really, how scary o_O

JMO

Ah, I just meant that if the list of clothes was what he was actually dressed in and not a list of items removed from the house (which would make sense as there's only one of each clothing item) then he was effectively wearing sporting clothes including sneakers and some type of torch device about his person at the time he was grabbed.

As a night owl, I imagine he may have heard suspicious noises and been wide awake and preparing to do a runner or he may have been still up and dressed like that despite it was the small hours of night? Night running? Wouldn't he have been rather cold tho? Regardless, I'll bet if the electricity went off and there was 50 operatives surrounding the house, he knew the gig was up quite some time before doors and windows started smashing.
How would he know the house was surrounded? The whole idea of a tactical night raid is to catch the criminal/s unaware. Also, I assume they let him get dressed for the ride to the police station.

I guess it all happened in seconds.
When parents awoke he was already shackled.

But really, how scary o_O

JMO

I wonder what they say to the innocent family people in these situations?

Like erm... sorry we had to smash your home to smithereens but just to let you know we think your son is the Idaho killer so we're just going to take him away for the rest of his life...

Then within minutes you got news helicopters and drones and reporters and the entire street and wider neighbourhood all coming to find out, meanwhile your phones ringing off the hook with your entire family and friends wanting to know what the heck plus the police want to interview you for hours and hours to find out what you may know. :( Poor people :(

How would he know the house was surrounded? The whole idea of a tactical night raid is to catch the criminal/s unaware. Also, I assume they let him get dressed for the ride to the police station.

Only speculating on the basis that he was a night person who barely slept according to various bits of info up thread, plus if he was asleep in PJs they would take him in his PJs, they don't mess around with civilities such as hey take your time and find an outfit and a comfy pair of shoes (and a torch).

My neighbour got raided in the small hours and the police woke *me* up out of deep sleep coming in our building so much noise they made. I get that they cover all possible angles so no-one can flee and it's a 'surprise' attack but when one knows the regular pattern of noise in an environment, if there were 50 operatives, guaranteed he'd have heard something, if he was awake. JMO

I would think coming through the upstairs balcony slider would get the dog barking earlier than I believe he did. Murphy was used to people downstairs so wouldn't bark at every little noise from down there, but he was not used to someone climbing up (somehow) to come through the upstairs slider. I'd think that would have set him off.

Sure, we've heard he was captured barking (and a thud) from a neighbors cam, but it's my belief that's after BK came up the stairs and attacked the 2 girls. Their anguish would have set him off.

I've said before I also believe only 1 person was targeted, but he found 2 in bed so they both went. Since I believe only 1 was targeted (Maddie), then Xana and Ethan were killed because he likely bumped into her since Xana was still up (likely "Someone's here" so Ethan opened the door). I'm thinking they would have lived like the other 2 roomies had she not been awake and he (or she) hadn't opened the door and looked out. It's my belief 2 was 1 killing too many and he just wanted out of there, For whatever reason he felt he had to kill them too. I think Dylan got really lucky.

Oh, that's right, if Murphy was in that room he might create a ruckus. But, what if BK brought a dog bone with him? No, he probably didn't bring a dog bone so he could attack MM.

What's got me perplexed, at the moment, is why would he want to kill a person whom he seems exceeding fond of? Was she mean to him? If so, why haven't we heard about it?

We can be snippy with folks and not mean them any harm but I guess BK couldn't take a rebuff if that is what happened. I'm sure MM would have apologized, if she'd known.

Anyway, I was looking online for the latent print from inside the 1122 House and also the one located on the side of the same house, to no avail. I recall looking at the soles of Vans months ago but there was such a variance in the different models, I gave up so it's good to see there is still work that can be done on those. Does anyone have images of these two shoe prints? Do they appear to be a size 13? That's a long foot!

If we run with the theory for a second that BK entered the home with only the intent to sexually assault a single third floor victim via knifepoint, and is surprised by a second third floor roommate who calls out, "Someone's here", which causes an audible commotion from the second floor, then:

A) This could provide some degree of motive imo for the suspect to commit multiple homicides.
B) It might might be worth checking unsolved sexual assault history (especially via knifepoint) within the logitical range of BK's adult dwellings/workplaces/universities for patterns.

Not sure how much I personally believe the intention-of-sexual-assault theory, but like everything else, it's worth pondering.

Good point. In my neighborhood only the pizza delivery cars are marked (roof magnet dome things); Door Dash and Grub-hub delivery cars are not marked. BK may not have recognized an unmarked delivery car if they passed.

I always assumed BK entered through the 3rd floor slider that was the room Murphy was in. That was the noise Dylan heard above her. He didn't pass through 2nd floor kitchen on the way in but went out that way. If his alleged stalking was from that back lot he could have planned entry to Maddie or Kaylee's room by climbing the tree next to the back deck. Pink boots in Maddie's window were obvious.

jmo

Looking at the photos (from the first page of this thread), I don't think the trees are close enough to the deck. In some photos it looks like they are but this one shows them pretty far away. JMO

1677710200514.png

Here is another view for the bigger tree. In this one the trees on the right look closer than they are. JMO

1677710463416.png

What's got me perplexed, at the moment, is why would he want to kill a person whom he seems exceeding fond of? Was she mean to him? If so, why haven't we heard about it?

We can be snippy with folks and not mean them any harm but I guess BK couldn't take a rebuff if that is what happened. I'm sure MM would have apologized, if she'd known.
Snipped for focus.

All my own opinion that it wouldn't be the first time a man killed a woman because his advances were rejected, nicely or not. There's also the "If I can't have her no one can" thing.

I posted threads ago that perhaps he did go to the Mad Greek and Maddie and Xana were giggling over something and he THOUGHT it was about him, when it might not have been about him at all.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members