4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell Doordash to meet you at a specific door, or “text when you arrive”, so as not to wake up housemates? My local delivery services have done door drop offs with no interaction since Covid.

I just don’t see BK walking into a party. Especially as a grad student, they aren’t the same. They are sort of half a step from being adults and the ones I knew rarely interacted with underclassmen. Not to mention that he appears to not have much in the way of social graces, he’s not the guy that can just walk in and start chatting and fit in. Although he might not even be able to realize how out of place he seems. If he had ever been at the house and the surviving roommates saw him, I think they would definitely remember.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were people at parties that one or more of them did see and did not remember. Parties were reportedly frequent, there was drinking and the house is big. Unless an uninvited guest did something to draw attention, one of them could have easily assumed an outsider was invited by someone else and not paid much attention. JMO

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were people at parties that one or more of them did see and did not remember. Parties were reportedly frequent, there was drinking and the house is big. Unless an uninvited guest did something to draw attention, one of them could have easily assumed an outsider was invited by someone else and not paid much attention. JMO

From my pov, in some of the bodycam noise complaint videos, some of the partiers looked to be 22-25.

I agree that unless someone did something to draw negative attention, no one would notice if extra people were at the party (and frankly, some of the partiers looked to be under 21). I just don't think BK has the social skills to turn a visit to a party to his advantage, in terms of making friends (finding girls to date, etc).

I definitely think he could have wandered through any number of parties (and the off campus ones would not be requiring ID or scrutinizing as closely) and not been remembered.

Very possible. Also regarding the age factor, we learned early on in this case that a person in his late 20's who lived in an apartment nearby reported that he had crashed one of the parties at the King Road residence on at least one occasion.

He is the chef who lived nearby and worked in Pullman. He was interviewed by MSM a few times early after the murders. LE interviewed him as well, when they went door to door interviewing neighbors.

I’m still unclear as to what Yik Yak really is. I have looked it up, and see that they shut down for a while but are now resurfacing. It’s widely used on college campuses, and is it my understanding gps is used and you can see people that are near you within a 5 mile radius? Anonymously I believe. So if you were perhaps able to find out the name of someone within your 5 mile radius, could you follow them? Please excuse my ignorance, just trying to understand more about Yik Yak

I’m still unclear as to what Yik Yak really is. I have looked it up, and see that they shut down for a while but are now resurfacing. It’s widely used on college campuses, and is it my understanding gps is used and you can see people that are near you within a 5 mile radius? Anonymously I believe. So if you were perhaps able to find out the name of someone within your 5 mile radius, could you follow them? Please excuse my ignorance, just trying to understand more about Yik Yak
From Wiki:

allows people to create and view discussion threads within a 5-mile (8.0 km) radius (termed "Yaks" by the application).[1] It is similar to other anonymous sharing apps such as Nearby, but differs from others such as Whisper in that it is intended for sharing primarily with those in proximity to the user.

From my pov, in some of the bodycam noise complaint videos, some of the partiers looked to be 22-25.

I agree that unless someone did something to draw negative attention, no one would notice if extra people were at the party (and frankly, some of the partiers looked to be under 21). I just don't think BK has the social skills to turn a visit to a party to his advantage, in terms of making friends (finding girls to date, etc).

I definitely think he could have wandered through any number of parties (and the off campus ones would not be requiring ID or scrutinizing as closely) and not been remembered.
I was a firm believer in the beginning, prior to BKs arrest, that the killer had been in the house at least once via a party.

Knowing all that I know about BK now I’d be extremely surprised if he ever went to a party there without knowing anyone. Everything I’ve read so far is that he’s comfortable in small social groups (up until his late teens) or alone until all hours of night.

MOO

But then again I’m not a narcissistic sociopath who thought I could pull off the perfect crime. So I doubt I can put myself in his shoes.

From Wiki:

allows people to create and view discussion threads within a 5-mile (8.0 km) radius (termed "Yaks" by the application).[1] It is similar to other anonymous sharing apps such as Nearby, but differs from others such as Whisper in that it is intended for sharing primarily with those in proximity to the user.

It was extremely popular back in the day and held huge influence over the founders of Snapchat.

It was rolled out just like Facebook was. College by college. Lots of controversy that made national headlines because we all know what unmoderated anonymous conversations breed. Ugly rumors, gossip, misogyny, racism etc. I think that and money woes all became too much for the founders. So it shut down. Turns out it’s really hard to monetize that sort of stuff. LOL

This is its next incarnation.

LOL I don't expect you to find links. No need to go back through everything. I'm just giving my opinion and not holding you to anything. I fully believe you that there were different theories around and different things published. I could have missed it, but I didn't see anything definitively say that she was done with classes, just that she had done her in-person work. That's fine, but I still feel like it's unusual to leave mid-semster (the rent was paid for anyway, presumably) to live at home until graduation a few weeks later. This would make more sense if UI was on a quarter schedule.

All of this is JMO and I could be wrong.
IMO, I always suspected Kaylee moving back home mid-semester was because she recently broken up with her long term boyfriend Jack and it was awkward to stick around if she didn't have to, and she was starting to take the steps that would eventually lead to her moving on, on her own, away from her best friend and long term boyfriend, on a more permanent basis (traveling to Europe after the holidays and then moving away and starting her new job in TX).

"Kristi Goncalves said Kaylee and Jack had dated for years but that they were on a break in their relationship."

Idaho university murder victim's mom reveals last messages she sent just hours before killing

So maybe she decided since she was soon to move on from campus life anyway, it would be easier for both of them to navigate the post-breakup 'last semester' for her to put some distance between them sooner rather than later, or maybe she was 'testing the waters' to see what it would be like to not be within close distance to her ex-bf for the first time in all her college years.

"... the Goncalves said their daughter broke up with Mr DuCoeur ahead of her post-graduation move to Texas, but had later voiced concerns that she “might not ever find another Jack” and was considering getting back together with him."

Kaylee Goncalves’ family reiterate support for Idaho murder victim’s ex-boyfriend

And perhaps she was having second thoughts about breaking up with him when she came back that weekend to show Maddie her new vehicle, and was hoping to reconnect with him, which could have been another reason why she was there, and why she called him several times (right before the murders)?

All JMO

Just wondering as I found it sort of curious that Kaylee would still have the laptop from the internship, as well as the possibility there might be some worthwhile information on it.

ETA: Is it XTreme or Extreme? (one is in Texas the other in California)
CBM. imo not at all. I speak from my own experience as a consultant working one place with offices across the US. The laptop I was given for each project was encrypted, specific software installed, VPN/citrix, etc., and I had an email address assigned myname@thecompany.com. I kept the laptop for the entirety of the project, sometimes lasting up to 2-3 years.
I thought she was still working for them at the time, but not certain. regardless, she was an employee, so I do not think it was odd that she had a laptop... AND even if she did not have it in. her physical possession, the laptop would have been fully backed up to the company's server and data available that way. That, too, is based on my professional experience (that I cannot use as a reason b/c not verified, but just saying) but also, legal requirement though ime imo jmo standard business protocol often requires longer and imo jmo.

from the Houston chronicle:

Austin msm:

from an early thread here at WS (it never works when I try to link a previous post):

Amy Aylward on LinkedIn: Extreme Networks CEO: Beating Cisco An ‘Exclamation Mark’ On Fiscal Year…

I was a firm believer in the beginning, prior to BKs arrest, that the killer had been in the house at least once via a party.

Knowing all that I know about BK now I’d be extremely surprised if he ever went to a party there without knowing anyone. Everything I’ve read so far is that he’s comfortable in small social groups (up until his late teens) or alone until all hours of night.

MOO
Me too. But August 13, 16-minutes in and out seems difficult without prior knowledge of the house layout. Would online photos of the rental house be enough to figure out the stairs and bedrooms in the dark? Still going back to BK's August 21 one hour cell ping near the house. IMO BK either dropped-in/crashed a 1122 party that night or watched from the trees in the back for an hour. Whether or not he met Kaylee or Maddie that night, I believe that night he targeted one of them, probably Kaylee. Friends told of a stalker KG felt followed her sometimes at night in and out of clubs as the vape store manager told Brian Entin.

Kaylee thought she had a stalker. LE was unable to verify or identify a stalker.
Something/someone made her feel unsafe/uncomfortable.
Was it the killer or some other creep?
Kaylee trusted her instincts. If she felt she was in danger, she probably was. We now know she was.
Kaylee did the right thing, she reached out to friends and loved ones for support.

Most women know the difference between an admiring glance and a creepy stare. Some women are more aware of feelings of being watched, followed, things they can't quite put their finger on, shadows, disturbing suspicions. IMO KG was one of those people more aware of her surroundings. She was the true crime buff who reported a possible sighting of a missing woman in 2021. Also Kaylee & Maddie were "inseparable." It is possible Kaylee was picking up the right creepy vibes but the target wasn't her. It may have been Maddie. Because they were together most of the time, the alleged stalker could have followed Kaylee knowing she would lead him to Maddie.

So Kaylee thought she had a stalker. That's good enough for me to believe she did because I'm not LE.

JMO Only 3 more months of speculation!

From PCA: on August 21,2022, the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources providing coverage to the King Road Residence from approximately 10:34 p.m. to 11:35 p.m. At approximately 11:37 p.m., Kohberger was stopped by Latah County Sheriffs Deputy CPL Duke, as mentioned above. The 8548 Phone was utilizing cellular resources consistent with the location of the traffic stop during this time (Farm Road and Pullman Highway) showed that on August 21, 2022, Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop that occurred in Moscow, Idaho, by CPL Dlke.

here is another example;

idk what the reason would be if BK was posing as a Dasher, but it would certainly explain those warrants. I have watched videos about the recent security changes, and this article and others as well as the videos and comments with the videos indicate that there are bad players doing this. could BK have done this to make contact of some sort? idk imo jmo worth considering.

Just my wild speculation -but- if a person was stalking someone, they could perhaps turn up at their home on the pretext of bringing a food delivery in order to engage some interaction. Obv lets just say that BK was trying to hook into one of the household members, say K or M, he could turn up and say he's got a delivery for x,y,z person and then oh... my bad, I'm at the wrong house but hey I know you from the library etc... in the hopes of further conversation. Someone would have to be very socially inept to do that sort of thing but we've heard tell he does struggle socially. Maybe it would take a few times of turning up to a chaotic shared house before the target of ones obsession was even at the door.

JMO MOO

The search warrant for Extreme Networks (which was signed by the judge and issued on December 12, 2022) is to unlock the encrypted computer and have the forensic team download any information that they find that is relevant to the case.

From the search warrant and return by Extreme Networks, it sounds like local LE had the laptop and just needed a way to unlock it. So it would appear that Kaylee still had her work laptop from her summer internship, and it would not be uncommon for her to still have it since she was going to be working full time for Extreme Networks in the new year.

Seems odd to me she'd have the computer if she was going to Europe for months before starting work as her family claimed.
JMO

Seems odd to me she'd have the computer if she was going to Europe for months before starting work as her family claimed.
JMO
It may be that she was assigned the laptop when she worked for them a few months before, and still had it in anticipation of starting work there officially in the new year.

MOO

Last edited:
Fri, March 17, 2023 at 6:00 AM EDT
1679098033371.png

What is visual snow syndrome? Visual snow syndrome is a rare neurological condition that causes images and scenery to appear “snowy,” as if the world in front of a person is filtered with television static. Read more: https://allaboutvision.com/conditions/related/visual-snow-syndrome/

The Extreme Networks warrant is addressed to 6480 Via Del Oro, San Jose CA. Here's connected website. www.extremenetworks.com

I found this on google (I also posted this on a previous thread so the link is approved) Unfortunately the link has never worked.

Annika Carter on LinkedIn: Careers

View attachment 409665
LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com › posts › annika-carter-5810a6...

Sr. Director of Americas Field Marketing at Extreme Networks. 3mo. Kaylee Goncalves joined Extreme in June 2022 as an intern on the US Commercial team.
Thanks for providing the links!

Not exactly meaningful but how weird (IMO) is it that "Xtreme Networks" is based in Austin, TX yet it isn't the network K was going to be working for :confused:

Can't help but wonder what might have been on the laptop. MOO & speculation.

Friends told of a stalker KG felt followed her sometimes at night in and out of clubs as the vape store manager told Brian Entin.

Kaylee thought she had a stalker. LE was unable to verify or identify a stalker.
Something/someone made her feel unsafe/uncomfortable.
Was it the killer or some other creep?
Kaylee trusted her instincts. If she felt she was in danger, she probably was. We now know she was.
Kaylee did the right thing, she reached out to friends and loved ones for support.

<snipped for focus>

Did anyone else come forward to confirm that Kaylee told them that she had a stalker? Other than the vape store guy? IIRC, Kaylee's sister said that she wasn't aware that Kaylee had a stalker, that Kaylee never mentioned that.

About BK's cell. Good food, his own remote, does not have to ask guard to change his channels, outside rec area, good amount basic channels, no streaming. a floor plan, bars.
Stuff I did not know. Thank goodness.

spelling edit

Last edited:
<snipped for focus>

Did anyone else come forward to confirm that Kaylee told them that she had a stalker? Other than the vape store guy? IIRC, Kaylee's sister said that she wasn't aware that Kaylee had a stalker, that Kaylee never mentioned that.
As far as I recall, there was lots of rumour and speculation, nothing solid.

Of course, the reality is that the whole house was being stalked, but watching a home is very different to following an individual in and out of nightclubs as a behaviour.

MOO

About BK's cell. Good food, his own remote, does not have to ask guard to change his channels, outside rec area, good amount basic channels, no streaming. a floorpan, bars.
Stuff I did not know. Thank goodness.

Okay, well, that goes against what was in the Mail article about him having to ask for channel changes.

Hmm, the challenge with two such venerable media sources is which one to believe, if either. :D

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member