4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #83

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided that the media is a victim of their own "crimes". They mostly abandoned their own standards in the search for ratings/clicks, and now protest being held accountable for their own actions. Poor babies. LOL. Lynch mobs of the old west are just one example of how bias about defendants has always existed, but 24 hour news has certainly made it much worse. As much as I want to be able to watch this trial, I also think the media has "made their bed" and will not much like sleeping in it. MOOooo

It depends upon the actual facts of the case, IMO. If it turns out he is innocent, then it would be a powerful move. But if he is actually guilty then it is pathetic, IMO.

I don't think the end result determines what is or isn't a powerful statement, IMO. I think even if BK is guilty, his attorney's statement about why the gag order should remain pre-trial is still powerful.

No one else in this country has the right to follow the murder trial?

That isn't what I said. The context of my post was about MEDIA'S claim that the families deserve to follow the case. I was making the point that if the media wants us to believe they are doing this for the families, then they should suggest a closed circuit feed. Otherwise, it looks like they are just using the families to guilt the judge into allowing them into the courtroom so they can write their own stories. JMO.

If you go to Mike Bakers NYT twitter account you can link directly to the article:

edit on his account he notes it as a "gift" article :)
This article is very interesting. One of the big things that stood out to me was that he did not say that investigators "tracked" him across the country as many earlier articles did. This article states that BK had already left town by the time they had focused on him as their primary suspect. I wonder which track will turn out to be true.

I’m not sure what he meant by claiming LE experience. The top of this application is dated November 2015, so he would have been 20 years old? (If he’s 28 now.)

This application with the School District is what got him the Security Guard position.

From the article:

Kohberger was applying to work school security in the Pleasant Valley School District. He was hired and eventually promoted, but resigned in 2021.

In his resignation letter, Kohberger said "I understand that if I do not resign, I have a right to a school board hearing to determine if I should be dismissed from employment with the School District."

Pleasant Valley School District declined to comment on his departure.

ETA: I looked at what he wrote about law enforcement and I think he meant a year of school, not employment. He mentions attending MCTI. Perhaps this place:

Criminal Justice / Criminal Justice

View attachment 428123

We have to take everything he said in his application with a grain of salt. Clearly he conflates his perception of himself to experiences. I want to be a ranger and was enrolled in some program in school hence equals LE experience.

I think there's a good chance that BK had been inside the King Road house before, at one of the large parties, perhaps in August as the new academic year was beginning and lots of new people at the parties both inside and outside of the house.

We know from the 30-year old chef who was interviewed several times early on in this case (a neighbor who lived in an apartment close to the King Road house) that he had gone to several of the parties in summer 2022, even though he didn't know anyone who lived there at the time, and even though he wasn't a student, but worked as a chef in Pullman.

Ahhhh, Inan Harsh, what ever happened to you?

This article is very interesting. One of the big things that stood out to me was that he did not say that investigators "tracked" him across the country as many earlier articles did. This article states that BK had already left town by the time they had focused on him as their primary suspect. I wonder which track will turn out to be true.
Re tracking: IMO the former.

The Nissan jumped out at me....was there one suspect car (misidentified twice) or two suspiscious cars?

From the article:

on Nov. 25 the police in Moscow asked law enforcement agencies to look for a different type of car with a similar shape: white Hyundai Elantras from the model years 2011 to 2013

I really like that he said this re the knife search:

Because of redactions, it is unclear if Mr. Kohberger’s name came up in those records.

and this:

Idaho State Police contracted with a private company which had a lab able to produce a more extensive DNA profile from the knife sheath than the state lab was set up to examine

I'd like to know how the lab produced the profile that the fbi used. JMO

MOO
edited to add a few more points from the article and link the article
ETA I think Mike Baker is top notch!

Last edited:
HE was identified on 29th November, but we do not know the precise evolution of the investigation that lead to him being primary suspect Imo. I would conjecture, that along with possible others, he became a POI on 29th November. By 23rd December LE had the PC to pull his phone records. Moo

I thought 11/29, it was only the WSU parking guy who told LE who he was because he had an Elantra. IMO, having an Elantra (especially of the wrong year) didn't make him a POI. They had to do some investigating, so it makes sense to me that him becoming a POI was later. JMO

SBMFF.

So, it appears he had a problem at that job, as well. I wonder what the issue was.

This was all discussed a few threads ago and if you read the original article (now in the media thread), it says this was a FORM letter. It appears everyone signs this if it is, in fact, a form letter. His supervisor is also quoted as saying he had no issues. I'll see if I can find it, but I believe it's still in the media thread.

JMO.

This was all discussed a few threads ago and if you read the original article (now in the media thread), it says this was a FORM letter. It appears everyone signs this if it is, in fact, a form letter. His supervisor is also quoted as saying he had no issues. I'll see if I can find it, but I believe it's still in the media thread.

JMO.
Thanks. I hadn't seen it before, but that makes sense. I would imagine he could have even left for his own schooling reasons.

@TL4S

"Kohberger resigned from his position in June 2021, school district records showed. "

"I decided to resign or retire freely and voluntarily after considering my options …” a district resignation/retirement form letter signed by Kohberger read. “… I understand that if I do not resign, I have a right to a school board hearing to determine if I should be dismissed from employment with the school district.”

"Former Pleasant Valley security supervisor George Curcio hired Kohberger for his school district position. He told the Statesman that he remembered Kohberger as reserved, courteous and polite — a reliable employee for whom he couldn’t recall ever receiving a complaint."

“He was a pretty decent worker, always there, not one of those guys who would show up when he wanted to,” Curcio said in a phone interview. “He was quiet in a strange sort of way, but nothing that ever really reared its head with us.”

IMO, he wasn't fired.

@TL4S

"Kohberger resigned from his position in June 2021, school district records showed. "

"I decided to resign or retire freely and voluntarily after considering my options …” a district resignation/retirement form letter signed by Kohberger read. “… I understand that if I do not resign, I have a right to a school board hearing to determine if I should be dismissed from employment with the school district.”

"Former Pleasant Valley security supervisor George Curcio hired Kohberger for his school district position. He told the Statesman that he remembered Kohberger as reserved, courteous and polite — a reliable employee for whom he couldn’t recall ever receiving a complaint."

“He was a pretty decent worker, always there, not one of those guys who would show up when he wanted to,” Curcio said in a phone interview. “He was quiet in a strange sort of way, but nothing that ever really reared its head with us.”

IMO, he wasn't fired.
Thank you! for the link and for the actual comments in the article (IS is paywalled for some posters).

And there were 17 resignations.

Mrs. Yozwiak referred to the 17 individuals who resigned from the district and thanked them for their dedication and wished them the best of luck (page 9 school board meeting)

https://www.pvbears.org/cms/lib/PA01001117/Centricity/Domain/4/2021-7-15 Approved Minutes.pdf

https://www.tnonline.com/20210716/pleasant-valley-loses-2-principals/#:~:text=The Pleasant Valley School Board,whose resignations were also approved.

MOO

I find it interesting that Kohberg had a background in HVAC and the detectives had an HVAC person out during the initial forensic investigation.
I'm not convinced that's a big deal. If they really found the door standing open, the unit was trying to warm the house and the great outdoors for several hours. We don't know how old the unit is. It might have gone on the blink after that strain and needed repair.

Case in point: my unit froze up last summer due to "green" settings that caused it to let the house get to 78 if no one passed the new thermostat for 2 hours. We won't talk about my dogs' opinions on that. LOL. First day, it got back to normal in a few hours. Second day was hotter. The unit is on the west side of the house, and the sun was beating down on it while it was trying to cool the house back down and it just couldn't do it. We called a repairman that day, thinking it was toast. Turns out all we needed to do was change the thermostat settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025