4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict that the talking heads will begin a long round of "the prosecution is in deep trouble here" strictly because it will sell ads and get people tuning in again.
I think the Judge's gag order is going to tamp down all that speculation. BK's trial is set for October and he does have the right to an impartial jury. We still don't know if the DA is going to seek the death penalty.

JMO

Yes, LE absolutely does know he purchased the knife and sheath from Amazon in April, 2022. If the news media is aware of it, I'm confident the defense attorney is aware of it.

JMO

Prove that he purchased it in April 2022. Unless you can show the discovery proving he bought it, it is only a rumor at this point just like the rumor that he was liking the women's Instagram pictures and tried to start a conversation with one of them.

JMO

Prove that he purchased it in April 2022. Unless you can show the discovery proving he bought it, it is only a rumor at this point just like the rumor that he was liking the women's Instagram pictures and tried to start a conversation with one of them.

JMO

And the rumor that he was a customer at Mad Greek and that's where he met the girls and the rumor that he was tied to the Dana Smithers murder and the rumor that the FBI ordered IN police to stop him in IN, etc. There have been tons of rumors in this case that have never been confirmed, and in some cases, officially debunked.

Well, IMO, nothing you say will matter to the jury, because they will recognize the ginormous holes the state has to fill.

They will absolutely see photos of the car. Then they'll hear an auto expert talk about how it's ludicrous for so-called experts to mistake an Elantra for a Sentra. They'll hear how it's a rookie mistake for them not to see that it was a 2015 Elantra. They'll hear that the 2015 Elantra became "the car" after BK came on the radar.

They'll see that BK's cell phone pinged in the neighborhood in a town that is 6 square miles. They'll have phone experts explain how using cell resources that provide coverage to the house doesn't mean he was necessarily AT the house.

They'll learn what touch DNA is and how it's framed innocent people in the past. They'll learn what a bloody crime scene it was, the worst LE had seen, per their own words, and wonder how he didn't get blood in his car, how he cleaned up so quickly after a brutal quadruple homicide in 15 minutes. They'll hear how the FBI disassembled the car. The brake pedals. The seatbelt button. All those little crevices, none of which contained any evidence. They'll hear how no victim blood or DNA was found in his apartment. They'll hear that LE initially didn't even see that "latent" print and that, (as far as we know), a pair of Vans were never taken from BK.

It's unrealistically optimistic to think this case is BARD based on what we know.

MOO.
Please can some one explain BARD to me??

I know if I were on the jury I would also have questions about the inordinate amount of coincidences eg the kids on the field , the dates linked to the two murder scenes in the years prior, thf timing of the door dash, the fact anyone could have seen kG and mm at the food truck with the male,the claims of fights of the frat house

I would want to know what LE did when investigating those aspects and once I was satisfied they had then I would be very clear his DNA meant something . I really hope she doesn’t manage to get the DNA on sheath thrown out .

JMO
It is not a rumor. A judge signed the Amazon search warrant. Here is the proof, which was posted yesterday by another poster.

That's just a search warrant - not proof. There is precisely zero proof at this time that any KBar knife and sheath was purchased from Amazon.

I get what you are saying but by that logic then since the case is not yet tried nothing is "proof" yet. What is presented by each side and recorded into evidence becomes the argument of the State and Defense. We can speculate only. IMO.

Please can some one explain BARD to me??

I know if I were on the jury I would also have questions about the inordinate amount of coincidences eg the kids on the field , the dates linked to the two murder scenes in the years prior, thf timing of the door dash, the fact anyone could have seen kG and mm at the food truck with the male,the claims of fights of the frat house

I would want to know what LE did when investigating those aspects and once I was satisfied they had then I would be very clear his DNA meant something . I really hope she doesn’t manage to get the DNA on sheath thrown out .

BARD means beyond a reasonable doubt. That's the standard the jury is given. They must be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty in order to vote guilty. IMO, we're not there yet.

That's just a search warrant - not proof. There is precisely zero proof at this time that any KBar knife and sheath was purchased from Amazon.
It's proof. It says right in it that the property received from Amazon was inventoried by the officer. BK bought knife sheath in April 2022.

The media has also reported the facts. He's been held without bail.

JMO

I get what you are saying but by that logic then since the case is not yet tried nothing is "proof" yet. What is presented by each side and recorded into evidence becomes the argument of the State and Defense. We can speculate only. IMO.

But that's what the poster seems to be saying. We're only speculating that the Amazon warrant is about the knife. That hasn't been confirmed. I disagree that nothing is proof (evidence?) yet. Everything in the PCA is evidence. Everything that's been disclosed in the court filings is evidence (or factual lack thereof). Everything LE has said on the record is information -- such as no connection to Dana Smithers and the IN police stops.

But the Amazon knife is only rumor at this point. We can speculate what it is, but it's still rumor and speculation.

MOO.

It's proof. It says right in it that the property received from Amazon was inventoried by the officer. BK bought knife sheath in April 2022.

The media has also reported the facts. He's been held without bail.

JMO

It says right where? Do you mean in the media article or are you reading some court filing that says that? If the latter, can you link please? As far as I know, only the media has reported that based on an anonymous source. Anonymous sources have been wrong about a number of things in this case, so until it's in court papers or told to us by a law enforcement officer or attorney on the record, it's not proof, IMO.

I don't think it's an indication that BF's lawyer knew there was to be a GJ. It reads as part of a standard argument concerning the available legal means to compel BF to give pre-trial testimony in Idaho; one of those being if she was called by the prosecution to be witness at a GJ hearing. Has to be read in the context of the attorney's argument - ie she is arguing about the legality of the subpeona that had been issued at that time. It's easy to read more into the argument in retrospect I suppose but I think that would be an incorrect reading of this document. Moo

BARD means beyond a reasonable doubt. That's the standard the jury is given. They must be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty in order to vote guilty. IMO, we're not there yet.

Feels like we are not anywhere yet. Gag order limits media, families can speak, attorneys can carefully. Cameras allowed, for now. Sealed warrants and documents, redacted information. COIs protected. We have no clue how much we do not know about. Not sure much will be revealed Tuesday but follow the court documents. I wager long delays and patience. JIMHO.

Feels like we are not anywhere yet. Gag order limits media, families can speak, attorneys can carefully. Cameras allowed, for now. Sealed warrants and documents, redacted information. COIs protected. We have no clue how much we do not know about. Not sure much will be revealed Tuesday but follow the court documents. I wager long delays and patience. JIMHO.

I agree. I really wish the media was more responsible in its reporting. If they had been, maybe the gag order would have been loosened a lot more. It's a shame.

MOO.

It says right where? Do you mean in the media article or are you reading some court filing that says that? If the latter, can you link please? As far as I know, only the media has reported that based on an anonymous source. Anonymous sources have been wrong about a number of things in this case, so until it's in court papers or told to us by a law enforcement officer or attorney on the record, it's not proof, IMO.
It says it right on the search warrants which have been unsealed. The search warrants to Amazon, eBay and other retailers were about KB's purchase of that brand/model knife. I'm sure BK regrets leaving that knife sheath on the bed....and leaving a paper trail for its purchase.

JMO

The warrants instructed each retailer to provide information about any individual who had purchased a KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife or a KA-BAR 1217S.

The KA-BAR 1217S is a leather sheath for holding the 1217 model, and is stamped with the words "KA-BAR" and "USMC," the abbreviation for the United States Marine Corps.

Investigators did not find a murder weapon when they discovered the bodies of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernoddle, and Ethan Chapin.

Cpl. Brett Payne of the Moscow Police Department wrote in his affidavit however that he did find "a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed" next to one victim.

"The sheath was later processed and had 'Ka-Bar' 'USMC' and the United States Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside of it," Cpl. Payne stated in that affidavit.

But that's what the poster seems to be saying. We're only speculating that the Amazon warrant is about the knife. That hasn't been confirmed. I disagree that nothing is proof (evidence?) yet. Everything in the PCA is evidence. Everything that's been disclosed in the court filings is evidence (or factual lack thereof). Everything LE has said on the record is information -- such as no connection to Dana Smithers and the IN police stops.

But the Amazon knife is only rumor at this point. We can speculate what it is, but it's still rumor and speculation.

MOO.

I don't recall if it was reported widely or only with News Nation (Brian Entin) that warrants were partly redacted for the knife (Walmart, Amazon, etc.). Will look, been since March. Media reports only register with me when there are various, and subsequent reports from documents follow. This is a sea of data to keep straight in ones head.

It says it right on the search warrants which have been unsealed. The search warrants to Amazon, eBay and other retailers were about KB's purchase of that brand/model knife. I'm sure BK regrets leaving that knife sheath on the bed....and leaving a paper trail for its purchase.

JMO

The warrants instructed each retailer to provide information about any individual who had purchased a KA-BAR Full Size US Marine Corps Fighting Knife or a KA-BAR 1217S.

The KA-BAR 1217S is a leather sheath for holding the 1217 model, and is stamped with the words "KA-BAR" and "USMC," the abbreviation for the United States Marine Corps.

Investigators did not find a murder weapon when they discovered the bodies of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernoddle, and Ethan Chapin.

Cpl. Brett Payne of the Moscow Police Department wrote in his affidavit however that he did find "a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed" next to one victim.

"The sheath was later processed and had 'Ka-Bar' 'USMC' and the United States Marine Corps eagle globe and anchor insignia stamped on the outside of it," Cpl. Payne stated in that affidavit.

Thank you for that reminder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member