4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm remembering correctly, he was given permission to present a narrative of the study instead of providing raw data. I might not be remembering it right, but I know it was discussed on here. I'm sure others recall the specifics more clearly than I do.

I don't think much, if any, legwork was required since it was designed for people to participate by answering the questions online. All he had to do was compile the answers and present them in whatever format required by his professor(s). No reason for him to research specific crimes either. But I think he might have been ok doing research - at least much better than things that required him to interact with a lot of people (such as being a TA).

Edited to add, IMO
I'm just suggesting that I'm not seeing him as someone with the drive and the people skills to locate proper test subjects. Is it possible he fabricated them? There are people who will go to extraordinary sidestep effort to avoid legimate effort.

IMO all of his previous work should be audited.

jmo

If this case went to trial and I was a juror with little to no knowledge of the murders (and yes, in the case of Lori Vallow, jurors were found who had that same level of knowledge of her case, must to everyone's shock), I would be very confused upon hearing the evidence and then looking over at the defendant; a young man who presents as clean-cut, could be a professional lawyer, engineer, accountant, etc. in his suit/tie and his hair gelled. In the beginning, especially, I would wonder if they arrested the right person. As time progressed, I would, no doubt, become horrified but I still believe that a "WHY" would enable me to process the information in a logical manner. Maybe the evidence, in and of itself, would provide that WHY.
Jurors know a defendent dresses for court. I have nothing but respect for jurors.
MOO There really isn't "Why" for killing 4 people.
Eliot Rogers provided hundreds of pages of his "why" and it made no basic sense. An observer might say "he felt left out," but most people on the planet feel that way often without stabbing or shooting people so is it a a plausible reason?

Personally I believe selfish thinking without any skills in insight, leads to an internal echo chamber situation that in some people can take over driving their bus.

I'm just suggesting that I'm not seeing him as someone with the drive and the people skills to locate proper test subjects. Is it possible he fabricated them? There are people who will go to extraordinary sidestep effort to avoid legimate effort.

IMO all of his previous work should be audited.

jmo
I understand what you're saying.

From what other students have said, it seems like he actively participated in classes and did well. I guess he could have fabricated answers, but it seems like he posted the survey on assorted reddit subs, so people following any of those would have seen it. I don't know how many would actually answer the questions (but I'd sure love to know!). MOO.

IMO, it seems like he was serious when it came to his studies / academics. That might have changed when he moved to WA, but so far we don't know how he did with his classes there - we only know he did complete the semester / term. I don't believe he's the most intelligent person in the world, but I don't think he's stupid - not when it comes to academics, books and such. It's something he seemed to be interested in and proud of. A big part of how he defined himself. MOO. And for those reasons, I tend to doubt that he didn't do his own work. Seriously, when someone is good at something, there's no reason to fake it or rip off others. That would undermine his belief that he was capable of doing the work himself. And IMHO he was more than capable. So with this at least, I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

Last edited:
Interesting. I definitely think this was going on with him, that he identified a type of person that was - as you point out - "doing OK but he was not doing OK."

Like a bigot hating on a whole specific group of people, the individuals don't matter because they are in this "group."

2 CT's

Yes, I mean in Elliot Rodger's case he literally thought the fault of everything wrong in the world was young pretty white blonde college women - the exact same 'look' that he was attracted to.

He was angry that he had never been approached by one of those type of women (or any woman it would seem), that he'd never even kissed a girl -but- he doesn't describe any efforts to mingle or meet young women or attempts to get chatting with them or find common ground. He just observes them from afar and seethes with rage. It was 'them' who he wanted to target in his day of reckoning.

Instead of setting himself the problem of how to find a solution to getting to know some women, or even wonder what was wrong with himself and how to self-improve, or to think he's disadvantaged because of unsettling childhood or society being unfair or whatever, he just fixed more and more on the pretty white blonde girls as being the cause of his misery. What ER set out to do is effectively what BK has actually done (if guilty). ER got slightly thwarted as he was unable to enter the sorority house he intended to get into.

JMO MOO

I understand why you say that. We do tend to assume a lot about a person based on how they look. But, despite some of the crazy mug shots we see released, monsters don't all look like monsters on the outside. If they did, no one would ever willingly go somewhere with someone who ends up killing them. No one would ever suddenly find out they've been married to a serial killer for the last XX years.

I personally have never seen a picture of Ted Bundy where he didn't look crazy as a loon to me (and I have looked) but he's been regularly described as handsome and charming. Even Charles Manson looked kind of handsome in some of his pictures. MOOooo
It's in the eyes for me.
JMO

It's in the eyes for me.
JMO

The one that's always got me is Jeffrey Dahmer after I read Brian Master's book. He looked so normal and I felt sorry for his awful lonesome childhood, then apparently quite a lot of law enforcement, detectives, and prison staff said (aside from his horrific crime spree) he was a nice guy who was notable in being completely open and honest. I felt sad to find out he'd been murdered, although he was expecting it.

Yes, I mean in Elliot Rodger's case he literally thought the fault of everything wrong in the world was young pretty white blonde college women - the exact same 'look' that he was attracted to.

He was angry that he had never been approached by one of those type of women (or any woman it would seem), that he'd never even kissed a girl -but- he doesn't describe any efforts to mingle or meet young women or attempts to get chatting with them or find common ground. He just observes them from afar and seethes with rage. It was 'them' who he wanted to target in his day of reckoning.

Instead of setting himself the problem of how to find a solution to getting to know some women, or even wonder what was wrong with himself and how to self-improve, or to think he's disadvantaged because of unsettling childhood or society being unfair or whatever, he just fixed more and more on the pretty white blonde girls as being the cause of his misery. What ER set out to do is effectively what BK has actually done (if guilty). ER got slightly thwarted as he was unable to enter the sorority house he intended to get into.

JMO MOO
Wow.

The way you describe it, sounds like BK.

Wow.

The way you describe it, sounds like BK.

Well worth reading his autobiography (or 'manifesto' as some call it), it's freely available as a readable document online and approx 135 pages. Makes total sense for the most part and he writes well, describing his childhood circumstances, upbringing, and the people around him. It's a real insight into the children of Hollywood life.

It only gets twisted and distorted towards the end when this logic fail he has becomes apparent and terrifying. One gets left with questions. As soon as I finished it, I thought 'oh, this is what BK has done'. (If guilty)

IMO JMOO

The one that's always got me is Jeffrey Dahmer after I read Brian Master's book. He looked so normal and I felt sorry for his awful lonesome childhood, then apparently quite a lot of law enforcement, detectives, and prison staff said (aside from his horrific crime spree) he was a nice guy who was notable in being completely open and honest. I felt sad to find out he'd been murdered, although he was expecting it.
I can have empathy for someone who is so screwed up and lonely that he would kill, torture, and cannibalize 17 young men because that's just not human.

My sympathy though is only for the those 17 young men and their families who suffered unimaginable pain.

BK strikes me as the opposite of JD, he seems very confident in himself.

JMO

Agreed. Can't help but think with Monday's alibi deadline looming he will say he was studying. JMOO
Right. Who wouldn't buy that? Studying in his car at 4am, frantically driving around King Rd. in circles trying to find a good Internet signal bc he had found good reception at that location at least 12X in the past.
AT&T coverage is so hit-and-miss.

Nope. Not buying it. And I have driven to my Kroger's parking lot a couple times when I had no cell reception. Still not buying it.
JMO

I agree - especially if someone caught his attention, and he (or they) wanted to talk privately... IMO

Ok, edited to add what I hope is an approved source showing the full survey, including the two who assisted BK

Aw-oh. I am having a thought here. There's a lateness associated with his posting the survey, like he was missing a deadline. I understand that often times folks go for a PhD. DeSales may not be at liberty to say that's what he was going for but settled for the consolation prize, a masters (no disrespect to anybody with education). I mention this because it's quite possible that even though he was perceived as brilliant by one particular professor, he may not have done as well as everyone just assumes.

WSU may have been ultimate goal after that, a new necssity. If so, more pressure. So many times in various fields it is preferred to just go straight for the PhD. I don't think they will tell us (if he faltered) but it's a thought. That would explain his survey timing being off and then just giving him a pass with lack of full data. JMOO

Edit: Just thinking about that question, how was your life going right before you committed the crime.

Last edited:
Aw-oh. I am having a thought here. There's a lateness associated with his posting the survey, like he was missing a deadline. I understand that often times folks go for a PhD. DeSales may not be at liberty to say that's what he was going for but settled for the consolation prize, a masters (no disrespect to anybody with education). I mention this because it's quite possible that even though he was perceived as brilliant by one particular professor, he may not have done as well as everyone just assumes.

WSU may have been ultimate goal after that, a new necssity. If so, more pressure. So many times in various fields it is preferred to just go straight for the PhD. I don't think they will tell us (if he faltered) but it's a thought. That would explain his survey timing being off and then just giving him a pass with lack of full data. JMOO
I like where you're going with this, but I'm not seeing doctorate / PhD programs at DeSales?

With the survey, I do seem to remember that he ran out of time? Or something along those lines, and the decision was made to allow him to present it in a different way / the way he did. MOO. I don't remember the details though. Also no idea why he picked WSU, or if it might have been where he was accepted and offered funding?

I like where you're going with this, but I'm not seeing doctorate / PhD programs at DeSales?

With the survey, I do seem to remember that he ran out of time? Or something along those lines, and the decision was made to allow him to present it in a different way / the way he did. MOO. I don't remember the details though. Also no idea why he picked WSU, or if it might have been where he was accepted and offered funding?

I suppose I could be wrong but they use the word doctoral in Wikipedia and several other places I searched.

IIRC, DeSales only has two doctoral level programs, both in the Health professions (Nursing and Physical Therapy, I think). BK was definitely enrolled in a Master's degree program. If DeSales had a doctoral level program in Criminal Justice, I think he would have continued on in that program after graduating with his Master's level degree.

IIRC, DeSales only has two doctoral level programs, both in the Health professions (Nursing and Physical Therapy, I think). BK was definitely enrolled in a Master's degree program. If DeSales had a doctoral level program in Criminal Justice, I think he would have continued on in that program after graduating with his Master's level degree.

I see. It's a little troubling that his timing for posting the survey did not really give him ample time to process the data and graduate. But perhaps whoever appoved it thought it was sufficient. Seems rushed and like information would come in after the fact. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli