4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19
Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22Thread #23Thread #24 Thread #25Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85

Media Thread/No Discussion

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Media Guide to the Idaho Courts

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85

Last edited by a moderator:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia

ADMIN REMINDER:

It is okay for members to discuss Visual Snow Syndrome because it was referenced by BK himself in his social media. Also, iirc, a BK family member had referred to him having or possibly having OCD. Those two conditions may be discussed because they are sourced to the accused himself and to his family members.

What members can not discuss are other random mental health conditions beyond those specified above. None of us is in a position to diagnose the mental health of a person we have never met. Introducing various and sundry, potential diagnoses only serves to derail the thread with opinions, debate, unrelated personal anecdotes, etc that may end up not being remotely related to this case.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Speculation must be based on some known fact. Posts about a confidential informant are not based on known fact and it is at times being stated as fact.

Many posts have been removed. Please move on from that discussion.

ADMIN REMINDER:

As per TOS, general discussion of the death penalty is one issue that is not allowed. In our experience, it only leads to bickering over personal beliefs. It is a social justice issue that will never be resolved through discussion at Websleuths. Members may discuss it as it relates directly to the potential of it being on the table in this specific case.

Same with politicizing. Political discussion in any fashion is a violation of TOS. IOW, reference to the Dems/Reps, blues/reds, etc has no place in this discussion. Politicizing is one violation that may result in permanent Warning Points being assigned.

Please familiarize yourselves with TOS and post accordingly.

Thanks !!

Pappa Rodger has now been mentioned by MSM (Dateline) so I think we can discuss. I have discussed the FB persona quite a bit. There are more articles than just Dateline, I believe.

The account was deleted after BK was arrested, but fell silent when he was arrested. I believe there were interactions between FB and the Latah County investigators.

Pappa Rodger is, I believe, the right spelling. Again, we don't really know, but the MSM is interested in it - and there was interest from LE in the account, as well.

IMO.
We approved discussion of the Pappa Rodger Reddit account back in January. (I'm not aware of a separate FB account.)

Just for the record going forward, it was specifically stated that the Pappa Rodger Reddit account was removed by Reddit prior to BK's arrest:

from: Bryan Kohberger believed to have joined online discussion groups

An admin of the group later clarified that despite Rodgers' apparent authority in the group, he was never an admin or moderator.

Kristine Cameron, wrote: 'He was on her and argued incessantly with people and said some really creepy stuff and posted similar questions to Bryan's crime questions.

'We removed Pappa Rodgers at 7:10 the evening before Bryan's arrest. He created a group page and had 6 people in it.

'No one has heard from Pappa Rodger since the arrest.'

1684990846755.png

ADMIN NOTE:

For those members who may have forgotten, discussion about the skinned dog is off limits:

ADMIN NOTE

This post lands at random.

Okay folks, bleach was speculation so please move on from that discussion.

As for what unsavory types might read here and get hints about, I'm sure there are a zillion other things they would zero in on. We can't control the universe, and we've never yet heard a perp exclaim "I did it because I read it on Websleuths" ;)

For those who haven't seen it, Gray Hughes has put out a video comparing the movements of the Elantra before entering the house (as described in the PCA) with the surveillance footage from Linda Lane. It's not very long, only 15ish minutes and actually watching the visual of the route the car took- exactly matching the times noted in the PCA- was helpful and really illuminating to see, even believing I already had an accurate grasp of the timeline of events from reading the PCA.

A decision has been made to allow discussion of the surveillance footage that is being discussed on Gray's channel.

Gray Hughes is a well established and trusted source at Websleuths, and the fact it is actual video and it appears to be in sync with the PCA timeline does not really place it in the realm of rumor.

@Sundog explained things toward the top of the page in this thread:

@Sundog explained things toward the top of the page in this thread:

Thanks for finding that earlier post, I didn't remember having posted that!

Then, and now, we were discussing how BK could have graduated without having completed any data analysis of his survey. IMO, even if the data from the survey were not available when it was time for graduation, BK would have been given credit for designing the survey based on "script theory" that his thesis advisor said was the framework for his survey. He also would have been given credit for taking the survey through the Instituitional Review Board (IRB) process with his advisors who signed off on it, and learning how to undertake this kind of survey with human subjects and the rules and regulations that go with that, etc. Also reaching out to potential survey respondents in the appropriate venues, etc. If he never got to the data analysis stage, then his capstone project/thesis likely included a review of the literature on script theory, alternate theories, and his review and crtique of the literature. Definitely adequate for a capstone project.

He wouldn't have been accepted into the WSU doctoral program in Criminology if his work at DeSales wasn't competitive with other applicants. IMO, there is nothing amiss in relation to his studies at DeSales. We don't know why the survey was developed so late in the semester, but it appears that the faculty did not see it as an issue in relation to meeting his program and graduation requirements. All JMO.

Then, and now, we were discussing how BK could have graduated without having completed any data analysis of his survey. IMO, even if the data from the survey were not available when it was time for graduation, BK would have been given credit for designing the survey based on "script theory" that his thesis advisor said was the framework for his survey. He also would have been given credit for taking the survey through the Instituitional Review Board (IRB) process with his advisors who signed off on it, and learning how to undertake this kind of survey with human subjects and the rules and regulations that go with that, etc. Also reaching out to potential survey respondents in the appropriate venues, etc. If he never got to the data analysis stage, then his capstone project/thesis likely included a review of the literature on script theory, alternate theories, and his review and crtique of the literature. Definitely adequate for a capstone project.

He wouldn't have been accepted into the WSU doctoral program in Criminology if his work at DeSales wasn't competitive with other applicants. IMO, there is nothing amiss in relation to his studies at DeSales. We don't know why the survey was developed so late in the semester, but it appears that the faculty did not see it as an issue in relation to meeting his program and graduation requirements. All JMO.
Thank you for explaining it all before and for the recap now. Nice work!

IIRC, DeSales only has two doctoral level programs, both in the Health professions (Nursing and Physical Therapy, I think). BK was definitely enrolled in a Master's degree program. If DeSales had a doctoral level program in Criminal Justice, I think he would have continued on in that program after graduating with his Master's level degree.
For most people in grad school that is not an option. Even between my undergraduate program and master's program, I could not go to the same university for both degrees. While my first university had a master's program, they NEVER accepted students who got a degree from their undergraduate program. You definitely must go to a different school for your PhD to prove you are a well-rounded individual and can matriculate in a different environment. Also, changing from a Master's student to a PhD student in many cases makes you a colleague more than just a student. You need to get along with the professors, especially YOUR professor. You need to show you can teach AND research AND fit in with the faculty and administration. Your future job prospects depend upon it.

Aw-oh. I am having a thought here. There's a lateness associated with his posting the survey, like he was missing a deadline. I understand that often times folks go for a PhD. DeSales may not be at liberty to say that's what he was going for but settled for the consolation prize, a masters (no disrespect to anybody with education). I mention this because it's quite possible that even though he was perceived as brilliant by one particular professor, he may not have done as well as everyone just assumes.

WSU may have been ultimate goal after that, a new necssity. If so, more pressure. So many times in various fields it is preferred to just go straight for the PhD. I don't think they will tell us (if he faltered) but it's a thought. That would explain his survey timing being off and then just giving him a pass with lack of full data. JMOO

Edit: Just thinking about that question, how was your life going right before you committed the crime.
Many people go from an undergrad degree straight into a PhD program, but you don't receive a Masters if you fail. What you might get is the right to continue on in the program and try again for one year. There are also integrated Master's - PhD programs where you spend year 1 getting a Master's and the other 2-3 years on your PhD.

Plus he was highly recommended by the Profs at DeSales.

<snipped>

MB, 33, an associate professor at DeSales University in Pennsylvania, told the Daily Mail that Kohberger, who was arrested in the murders of four University of Idaho students, was a “great writer” and “brilliant student.”

“In my 10 years of teaching, I’ve only recommended two students to a Ph.D. program and he was one of them. He was one of my best students, ever. Everyone is in shock over this,” she told the outlet, adding that he was “always perfectly professional” with her.
Accused Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger was a ‘brilliant student,’ DeSales professor claims

Plus he was highly recommended by the Profs at DeSales.

<snipped>

MB, 33, an associate professor at DeSales University in Pennsylvania, told the Daily Mail that Kohberger, who was arrested in the murders of four University of Idaho students, was a “great writer” and “brilliant student.”

“In my 10 years of teaching, I’ve only recommended two students to a Ph.D. program and he was one of them. He was one of my best students, ever. Everyone is in shock over this,” she told the outlet, adding that he was “always perfectly professional” with her.
Accused Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger was a ‘brilliant student,’ DeSales professor claims
Still, she never met him in person.
We can see he can be deferential when he wants to.

For the record…I wasn’t completely questioning the legitimacy of BKs research. I should have put my caveat in context (that some questioned it in reports) in that it was related to time of year. And I did say in my original post IMO it was unlikely that it was admissible.

My point was his academic studies are absolutely relevant. And prosecutors might want to bring it up to explain some of his actions. The fact that BK was far more familiar with investigative techniques than the typical juror is extremely relevant IMO. This also explains why there might be a lack of certain kinds of evidence.

Example: my computer related education was completed in good faith with no malcontent. If I’m to commit a computer crime… LE would look at that education in consideration of my as a suspect and then to explain some of my actions and prosecutors would do the same in front of a jury. Regardless of the original intent of my education and/or research it is now relevant to my theoretical case.

MOO

When someone responded to one of my posts they said something that I want to address.

They couldn't understand how someone who looks like BK could commit his crimes. They would have trouble finding him guilty. They pointed out his clean cut good looks, suit, hair gel, education level, middle class, that he just didn't look like or seem like the type to commit murder. That "maybe" the evidence could sway them but it would be hard.

This is exactly why jurors go through a Voir dire process and very rigorous for a death penalty case because they need a death qualified jury.

Voir dire (/ˈvwɑːr dɪər/; often /vɔɪr daɪər/; from an Anglo-Norman term meaning "to speak the truth") is a legal term for procedures during a trial that help a judge decide certain issues:
  • Prospective jurors are questioned to decide whether they can be fair and impartial.
Impartiality (also called evenhandedness or fair-mindedness) is a principle of justice holding that decisions should be based on objective criteria, rather than on the basis of bias, prejudice, or preferring the benefit to one person over another for improper reasons.

All jurors will be filling out massive questionnaires and sit in the courtroom with BK right there staring intently at them. They will answer questions from defense and prosecution attorneys. They will be asked by the judge if they can be impartial.

If any juror feels in any way that it would be harder for them to convict a clean cut middle class college educated white person as opposed to a minority defendant or a defendant with no college who has longer hair and wears a shirt with no jacket or tie, or any other type of person they personally cannot relate to.....

then this shows true bias and shows they cannot be impartial and they should be dismissed from jury duty.

2 Cents

Last edited:
Well tomorrow is the 24th big day for BK. I wonder if they'll supply an alibi defense to the State or just let the day pass by? Yes or No friends, what do you think?

I'll start with No, I don't think we'll hear anything from the Defense tomorrow. BK has no alibi and I think the Defense will just try and poke as many holes in the State's case as possible and pray for some kind of technicality issue. What else can they do?

MOO

Well tomorrow is the 24th big day for BK. I wonder if they'll supply an alibi defense to the State or just let the day pass by? Yes or No friends, what do you think?

I'll start with No, I don't think we'll hear anything from the Defense tomorrow. BK has no alibi and I think the Defense will just try and poke as many holes in the State's case as possible and pray for some kind of technicality issue. What else can they do?

MOO
I predict, if anything, a flurry of distractionary motions.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member