4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential alibi... it's what the defense has to do to represent the interest of their client --

Accept and admit he was awake, he was driving around.

Refute the cellular accuracy.

Refute the DNA.

Refute the roommate's testimony.

Yes, he was driving around but the State can't prove he entered the house, let alone killed anyone (the defense could argue).

Uphill battle because essentially they'd have to refute or get the judge to throw out the Prosecution's entire, careful case.

It's a defense. It's just not going to be an effective one.

Jmo

Last edited:
Potential alibi... it's what the defense has to do represent the interest of their client --

Accept and admit he was awake, he was driving around.

Refute the cellular accuracy.

Refute the DNA.

Refute the roommate's testimony.

Yes, he was driving around but the State can't prove he entered the house, let alone killed anyone (the defense could argue).

Uphill battle because essentially they'd have to refute or get the judge to throw out the Prosecution's entire, careful case.

It's a defense. It's just not going to be an effective one.

Jmo

I think his guilt will be death by a thousand cuts... IMO there will be SO MUCH compelling circumstantial evidence introduced that a conclusion of guilty would be irrefutable.... and a long list of concocted excuses/alibis for everything would be unbelievable.

I think his guilt will be death by a thousand cuts... IMO there will be SO MUCH compelling circumstantial evidence introduced that a conclusion of guilty would be irrefutable.... and a long list of concocted excuses/alibis for everything would be unbelievable.
Just "finding an alibi."
Probably AT meant finding evidence that supports his alibi.
But finding one is a pretty strange idea.

Single people living alone would rarely have an alibi with witnesses for a crime committed at 4AM even if 100% innocent. A person driving around alone at night would likely have no witnesses to verify that.

My guess is that the delay requested by the defense was to give them time to look at the video provided by LE to see if BL's car (or a very similar car) was recorded away from the crime scene at the time of the crime. This is a time-consuming, and probably quite boring, task.

I was just listening to a juror speaking after a high profile case where the Defendant was found Guilty. He said the State proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Not every bizzaro possibility that could have happened, but what was reasonable in light of all the evidence.

I think that is so true and huge. It's not beyond every possible doubt, but beyond a reasonable doubt. He said what the Defense was offering up just wasn't reasonable in light of the State's evidence.

Bryan Kohberger: Internet sleuths link Idaho murder suspect to missing woman case​

Internet sleuths have linked accused Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger to the death of another woman in Pennsylvania, who went missing on May 28, 2022.

The remains of Dana Smithers, 45, were discovered on April 27, 2023 – nearly a year after she was last seen on a ring camera leaving a neighbor's home in Stroudsburg - 30 miles from the Kohbergers' home.

In a shocking new development on Thursday, Kohberger's parents were subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury investigating the case.

When someone responded to one of my posts they said something that I want to address.

They couldn't understand how someone who looks like BK could commit his crimes. They would have trouble finding him guilty. They pointed out his clean cut good looks, suit, hair gel, education level, middle class, that he just didn't look like or seem like the type to commit murder. That "maybe" the evidence could sway them but it would be hard.

This is exactly why jurors go through a Voir dire process and very rigorous for a death penalty case because they need a death qualified jury.

Voir dire (/ˈvwɑːr dɪər/; often /vɔɪr daɪər/; from an Anglo-Norman term meaning "to speak the truth") is a legal term for procedures during a trial that help a judge decide certain issues:
  • Prospective jurors are questioned to decide whether they can be fair and impartial.
Impartiality (also called evenhandedness or fair-mindedness) is a principle of justice holding that decisions should be based on objective criteria, rather than on the basis of bias, prejudice, or preferring the benefit to one person over another for improper reasons.

All jurors will be filling out massive questionnaires and sit in the courtroom with BK right there staring intently at them. They will answer questions from defense and prosecution attorneys. They will be asked by the judge if they can be impartial.

If any juror feels in any way that it would be harder for them to convict a clean cut middle class college educated white person as opposed to a minority defendant or a defendant with no college who has longer hair and wears a shirt with no jacket or tie, or any other type of person they personally cannot relate to.....

then this shows true bias and shows they cannot be impartial and they should be dismissed from jury duty.

2 Cents

Ted Bundy was "good looking" and well educated and a monster so it happens.

Bryan Kohberger: Internet sleuths link Idaho murder suspect to missing woman case​

Internet sleuths have linked accused Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger to the death of another woman in Pennsylvania, who went missing on May 28, 2022.

The remains of Dana Smithers, 45, were discovered on April 27, 2023 – nearly a year after she was last seen on a ring camera leaving a neighbor's home in Stroudsburg - 30 miles from the Kohbergers' home.

In a shocking new development on Thursday, Kohberger's parents were subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury investigating the case.

Just "finding an alibi."
Probably AT meant finding evidence that supports his alibi.
But finding one is a pretty strange idea.

Not sure I could help someone "find" an albi if they didn't have a solid one, especially since his car is on video driving around all night. Is he gonna claim someone with bushy eyebrows dressed as him, stole his car, phone, and knife committed the crime, and neatly reparked it at his apt building hoping to frame him?

"Totality" is key, yeah. Defense has to fight a war on way too many fronts.

Nothing has come of it yet.
Apparently BK gets his car worked on in Stroudsburg.

So curious to see what avenue they take.

---They can ignore the deadline and stay silent.
---They can say he was home asleep, and the state's evidence is faulty, that was not his Elantra and his phone was dead.
---They can say he couldn't sleep so he was out driving around, which he in known to do. But the ping map is faulty and his phone was going dead so he turned it off.

I am wondering which way they will turn...If they go with the 3rd option, it won't work well because of the DNA on the sheath. Who'd believe he as driving around in the area, never went to the crime scene, but his DNA was found on the knife sheath anyway?
IMO, the DNA on the knife sheath, found under the body of one of the murder victims, is the strongest of evidence, and will result in his conviction.

Last edited:
Single people living alone would rarely have an alibi with witnesses for a crime committed at 4AM even if 100% innocent. A person driving around alone at night would likely have no witnesses to verify that.

My guess is that the delay requested by the defense was to give them time to look at the video provided by LE to see if BL's car (or a very similar car) was recorded away from the crime scene at the time of the crime. This is a time-consuming, and probably quite boring, task.

One way someone "might" have evidence is if they picked up their phone at 2am after they got up to pee.

That movement (which is trackable in the phone) would be recorded and data minable.,

IMO, the DNA on the knife sheath, found under the body of one of the murder victims, is the strongest of possible evidence, and will result in his conviction.

Yep, if his lawyers can't get that thrown out or confronted by their own expert as junk science... that is plenty of proof.

Plus they probably have a sales list showing when and where BK bought the knife

I can't help but believe this was all a game to him. Like he's determined to be smart enough to get away with the perfect murder. He was, after all, studying the mind of a killer and going for his Master's in Criminal Justice.

The link I posted contained this item:

"In a shocking new development on Thursday, Kohberger's parents were subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury investigating the case."

Question: If there is no evidence BK is involved, why are his parents being subpoenaed about the disappearance of Dana Smithers?
This was discussed in great detail back in May when this news first emerged. I don't recall all the details and different theories mentioned here, but it seemed like the grand jury was hearing a number of cases, and that BK's parents had been subpoened was likely related to another case, possibly related to the Idaho murders but involving something that took place in PA, hence summoned by a PA grand jury.

edited to complete post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member