4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unknown male DNA found within the crime scene of the horrific murder of 4 people. How on earth could its fail that test? Further there are 2 footprints in evidence - a Vans footprint outside of DM's bedroom door and a footprint outside that CSI marked with evidence marker 3. Evidence marker 3 looks like a hiking boot or shoe footprint, not a Vans footprint.
I've never seen the second print with a marker. Do you have link please?

Unfortunately it worked for OJ :( Now I'm just waiting for what key phrase the D will come up with to replace "if the glove don't fit..."
Different time, different defendant. OJ was a much loved famous athlete and personality with a dream team defense. Judge Ito seemed starstruck and accommodating. Jurors may have felt a certain type of way about locking up OJ. Chain of custody errors were pointed out. And let’s not forget Mark Fuhrman.

The defense likely has his dna profile--I can't imagine they didn't do their own testing--and can replicate the IGG any time they want. Anyone with any amount of experience doing genealogy can replicate it. The experts they put on the stand Friday could replicate it.

There's no evidence there was anything unlawful. The only testimony was that the experts have heard of times that genealogists used a loophole to access additional matches. The defense is sniffing around trying to find out if there was a terms of service violation as a hail mary to get the dna thrown out. They're doing their jobs and I don't blame them. I hope this serves as a warning for future IGG use in law enforcement--the process needs to be according to TOS. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that it's his dna. There's nothing in the IGG process that calls that into question.
Yes, of course, they could replicate it, but what if they had an expert try to replicate it and the expert could not replicate it? What if they tried to replicate it with several experts and still didn't get the same answer? So now they need to know exactly how LE processed BK's DNA to come to the conclusion they have. I don't know if that is what is going on, but it is one scenario where knowing precisely how LE processed the DNA and did the IGG would be imperative in order to defend their client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne