4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During Friday's proceedings, CourtTV put up a graphic that BK followed three of the victims on Instagram. I know that initially, there was not a Meta warrant for BK, but I no longer remember if that changed.

Where can I find links to all of the warrants? I thought they were on the ID Court site, but I did not see them.
TIA

Edited to add: I don't remember seeing anything that confirms BK followed any of the victims on social media, so I'm at a loss with that part.

Last edited:

Edited to add: I don't remember seeing anything that confirms BK followed any of the victims on social media, so I'm at a loss with that part.
Thanks. That's where I looked, but I did not see the SM warrants. They may be buried in some document that isn't obvious.

I'm looking because I don't recall seeing anything that confirmed that he followed them either, but before I state there wasn't a Meta warrant for BK, I want to make sure!

Thanks. That's where I looked, but I did not see the SM warrants. They may be buried in some document that isn't obvious.

I'm looking because I don't recall seeing anything that confirmed that he followed them either, but before I state there wasn't a Meta warrant for BK, I want to make sure!
You're welcome. They're under Meta, but I just went thru them and there isn't a Meta (fb and/or Instagram) search warrant for BK.

Link required, or that is a rumor.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 01.07.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 01.07.35.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 01.07.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 01.07.51.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 28
Nonsense. We don't know if BK is innocent or guilty yet because we have not seen any discovery.
We have seen some damning evidence which explains clearly why he is going to trial.
The Defense has the right to know how BK was identified as a suspect.
And they have been told how he was identified. They used a very commonly used method to identify his DNA by finding his relatives and tracking him from there. The Golden State Killer was famously caught in the same fashion.

Known as investigative genetic genealogy (IGG), this technique was used in 2018 to identify the Golden State Killer, whose crime spree terrorized California residents for decades. IGG has since helped close over 800 cases around the country—and counting. Many of these cases had long gone cold and could not be solved in any other way.

In addition to solving violent crimes, IGG has helped to exonerate at least two individuals who were convicted of crimes they did not commit. It also has provided closure to those with missing loved ones whose remains could not, until now, be identified.
That information about his DNA testing must be given to the Defense.

According to the state, that relevant info has been handed over already.
But IF there was anything done illegally in identifying BK, then light must be shed upon it, people must be fired and held legally accountable for their actions.
Why is the defense team assuming as much and accusing the FBI of doing anything illegal? It seems to be quite a leap they are taking.
There should be plenty of other evidence to tell us if BK is guilty or not.

What is the big issue with IGG? People willingly submit their DNA.

I have six from that date on my computer? Where did you find the deleted one? Sorry for asking, but I'm really curious and it's something that's seemed odd since the warrants were released (redacted of course). Thank you!
Very odd that the PDF file itself has just been removed from the web server hosting it.

I dont understand your thought process: Why would the prosecution necessarily need more "to fix BK inside that house"? Likely he was never in the house until he decided to commit murder there. Even if his DNA was found somewhere in the house, it would not be a big deal- imagine how many people came through that home. The DNA on the sheath is what is the mot important element of the case, though the defense is trying mightily to get it minimized or even kicked from the case. Don't be fooled by the defense- If there is no BK DNA in the house it does not matter: what matters is where the DNA was found- on the sheath. The defense is scared to death of that element-- the defense also knows their client has no alibi for the night in question: playing all these games only makes it more obvious and makes their client look more guilty.

I think I put it in pretty basic terms but I'll elaborate when the defence said that nothing places BK in the house, it struck me as worrisome. As he could claim a thousand different ways that his DNA came to be on a sheath *if* there is no single other forensic that places him inside the house. I believe there will be a lot we don't know about and there's still the foot print too.

Just Google. It's in their index, so it had to exist at the time!
Number for Meta they have up matches what I have on my computer. Six initial then three more released on 7/17.

Meta 1: Maddie, Xana (Instagram

Meta 2: 4 victims plus DM and BF (facebook)

Meta 3: 4 victims plus DM and BF (Instagram)

There are 9 meta warrants on the idaho cases of interest site and none of them is for BK. You can open all of them on the site. They are still there.
Thank you!!! My eyes are going crossed looking at what's on my computer and what's on the Cases of Interest page.

It seems like it was discussed (when the initial warrants were released) that it was strange -- esp given the rumors in assorted media that he was following at least one of the victims. I'm pretty sure that it was expected they would release more - including his Meta... but...

MOO.

Have law enforcement ever got it really badly wrong, in any case, where the original defendant ends up not being the actual perp? Do you think it’s possible at all in the US system that this has happened?
When the defendant’s, and no one else’s, DNA was on the murder weapon (essentially)? I can’t think of any. Can you?

Thank you!!! My eyes are going crossed looking at what's on my computer and what's on the Cases of Interest page.

It seems like it was discussed (when the initial warrants were released) that it was strange -- esp given the rumors in assorted media that he was following at least one of the victims. I'm pretty sure that it was expected they would release more - including his Meta... but...

MOO.

It's obvious from these warrants he didn't have a facebook account nor an instagram one.
It is probably just one of the many unsubstantiated lies/rumors in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx