4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19
Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22Thread #23Thread #24 Thread #25Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87

Media Thread/No Discussion

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Media Guide to the Idaho Courts

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87

Last edited by a moderator:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT CHRIS MCDONOUGH AND THE INTERVIEW ROOM

Nothing that Chris M says is allowed on this forum unless it is backed up by law enforcement.

Chris has personally lied to me. He accused an innocent man of being Brian Laundry. He lied about being removed from the Crow lawsuit. He was removed but then put back in the lawsuit and lost. Chris told me he was removed from the lawsuit and was not sued. He never told me he was added back into the lawsuit and lost. Chris was sued for getting a false confession in the murder of Stephanie Crow.
I could go on but suffice it to say anything he says is not allowed. Even if it is in mainstream media.

Again only if what he said is backed up by an actual law enforcement source.

Here is the documentation on the Crow lawsuit
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling from 2010 which overrules Dougie's decision from 2004.

Retired judge slams Crowe case

"A federal trial judge in San Diego dismissed the bulk of the civil rights suit in 2004. But six years later, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals revived the lawsuit, finding that Escondido police violated the civil rights of Crowe and his friends during “hours of grueling, psychologically abusive interrogations.”

The above links come from a great YouTube creator called Scientific Skeptic. If you go to this video there are more links describing the interrogation tools used by Chris and others in the Crow case,

Because Chris mistakenly named the wrong man on my YouTube channel and never told me to take down the false information I made this apology video when I discovered what happened,
Here is the apology video I had to make because of what Chris said on my Livestream.

The glove that Chris found was not there on the day of the Moscow Idaho murders

The MOB Crew has a great video showing the ground the day of the killing where the glove was found later in the month. On that day the glove was not there. Go to @2:35 of this video

I am not suggesting Chris did not legitimately find the glove. Just showing you it has nothing to do with the case. I will be shocked if Chris updates the story about the glove.

For those of you who know me this is an extremely unusual step for me to take. This is how strongly I feel. I was lied to but more importantly, because of Chris' actions, people's lives were threatened in the Summer Wells case.

Please do not discuss this post on this thread. If you have any questions please email me at websleuthsvideos@gmail.com

Tricia

ADMIN REMINDER:

It is okay for members to discuss Visual Snow Syndrome because it was referenced by BK himself in his social media. Also, iirc, a BK family member had referred to him having or possibly having OCD. Those two conditions may be discussed because they are sourced to the accused himself and to his family members.

What members can not discuss are other random mental health conditions beyond those specified above. None of us is in a position to diagnose the mental health of a person we have never met. Introducing various and sundry, potential diagnoses only serves to derail the thread with opinions, debate, unrelated personal anecdotes, etc that may end up not being remotely related to this case.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Speculation must be based on some known fact. Posts about a confidential informant are not based on known fact and it is at times being stated as fact.

Many posts have been removed. Please move on from that discussion.

ADMIN REMINDER:

As per TOS, general discussion of the death penalty is one issue that is not allowed. In our experience, it only leads to bickering over personal beliefs. It is a social justice issue that will never be resolved through discussion at Websleuths. Members may discuss it as it relates directly to the potential of it being on the table in this specific case.

Same with politicizing. Political discussion in any fashion is a violation of TOS. IOW, reference to the Dems/Reps, blues/reds, etc has no place in this discussion. Politicizing is one violation that may result in permanent Warning Points being assigned.

Please familiarize yourselves with TOS and post accordingly.

Thanks !!

Pappa Rodger has now been mentioned by MSM (Dateline) so I think we can discuss. I have discussed the FB persona quite a bit. There are more articles than just Dateline, I believe.

The account was deleted after BK was arrested, but fell silent when he was arrested. I believe there were interactions between FB and the Latah County investigators.

Pappa Rodger is, I believe, the right spelling. Again, we don't really know, but the MSM is interested in it - and there was interest from LE in the account, as well.

IMO.
We approved discussion of the Pappa Rodger Reddit account back in January. (I'm not aware of a separate FB account.)

Just for the record going forward, it was specifically stated that the Pappa Rodger Reddit account was removed by Reddit prior to BK's arrest:

from: Bryan Kohberger believed to have joined online discussion groups

An admin of the group later clarified that despite Rodgers' apparent authority in the group, he was never an admin or moderator.

Kristine Cameron, wrote: 'He was on her and argued incessantly with people and said some really creepy stuff and posted similar questions to Bryan's crime questions.

'We removed Pappa Rodgers at 7:10 the evening before Bryan's arrest. He created a group page and had 6 people in it.

'No one has heard from Pappa Rodger since the arrest.'

1684990846755.png

ADMIN NOTE:

For those members who may have forgotten, discussion about the skinned dog is off limits:

ADMIN NOTE

This post lands at random.

Okay folks, bleach was speculation so please move on from that discussion.

As for what unsavory types might read here and get hints about, I'm sure there are a zillion other things they would zero in on. We can't control the universe, and we've never yet heard a perp exclaim "I did it because I read it on Websleuths" ;)

For those who haven't seen it, Gray Hughes has put out a video comparing the movements of the Elantra before entering the house (as described in the PCA) with the surveillance footage from Linda Lane. It's not very long, only 15ish minutes and actually watching the visual of the route the car took- exactly matching the times noted in the PCA- was helpful and really illuminating to see, even believing I already had an accurate grasp of the timeline of events from reading the PCA.

A decision has been made to allow discussion of the surveillance footage that is being discussed on Gray's channel.

Gray Hughes is a well established and trusted source at Websleuths, and the fact it is actual video and it appears to be in sync with the PCA timeline does not really place it in the realm of rumor.

Don't want to bring up anything which has already been discussed from Aug 18 court appearance; however, curious if anyone noticed or thought BK's eyebrows looked trimmed? I didn't notice but this clip (at the end) mentions it. Again, don't want to rehash eyebrow (haven't gone back to 3 days of threads) topic only wanted to know if several here noticed it too. moo TIA

Don't want to bring up anything which has already been discussed from Aug 18 court appearance; however, curious if anyone noticed or thought BK's eyebrows looked trimmed? I didn't notice but this clip (at the end) mentions it. Again, don't want to rehash eyebrow (haven't gone back to 3 days of threads) topic only wanted to know if several here noticed it too. moo TIA

I compared to his mugshot and they look about the same to me.

Absolutely have noticed that BK;s eyebrows have been overly groomed in recent hearings compared to the photos we have of him before then. Just saying.

I think I put it in pretty basic terms but I'll elaborate when the defence said that nothing places BK in the house, it struck me as worrisome. As he could claim a thousand different ways that his DNA came to be on a sheath *if* there is no single other forensic that places him inside the house. I believe there will be a lot we don't know about and there's still the foot print too.
I live in my house.

I could theoretically go out on my front lawn and declare “nothing puts me in that house, everything could have been brought in some other way”.

It doesn’t mean that it’s true.

Yes, of course, they could replicate it, but what if they had an expert try to replicate it and the expert could not replicate it? What if they tried to replicate it with several experts and still didn't get the same answer? So now they need to know exactly how LE processed BK's DNA to come to the conclusion they have. I don't know if that is what is going on, but it is one scenario where knowing precisely how LE processed the DNA and did the IGG would be imperative in order to defend their client.
I think you're conflating two completely different things. They could replicate it. I could replicate it. There's no science involved once you have the dna profile. It's just taking that profile and putting together a big jigsaw puzzle and there are no two ways to put the puzzle together. IGG has nothing to do with how the dna is processed or whether or not it matches BK.

IGG is more comparable to the car analysis. Substitute the car analysis for the IGG. Assume the car analysis is what led to the decision to test BK or someone in his family. The defense is looking for a flaw in that process. Let's say it's possible when you're looking at the car video to unlock another view, a view that gives you a clearer picture of what year the car is, maybe even what the driver looks like. The defense has "heard" that this is possible. But it's against terms of service of the company that provides the video. They want to know if the investigators unlocked that view. They think maybe if the investigators unlocked that view, they can get the dna thrown out altogether because they shouldn't have done that and it's that investigation that led to testing the father.

None of that has anything to do with the dna testing itself or the reliability or validity of it. The defense itself has not tried to claim the dna doesn't match.

Defense posturing.
They will say or do anything about process to get that DNA suppressed because the sheath DNA is indisputably BKs.

Jepop above explains.
Orthram Lab is great, has as solved many cases.

So far BKs defense is an attempt at "you can't catch me like that."
As if the IGG process magically mutated the original locally pulled sheath DNA.

It's weird right, because that Facebook account that was attributed to him has a profile picture that looks like him. I remember a LOT of energy at the time focussing on those accounts that could be his.
If you’re talking about Pappa Rodger’s or whatever the heck it was. That was conspiracy theory nonsense. Some true crime fan weirdo who took a page out of Q and posted in flowery prose and formed his theories into inquiries.

If you’re talking about an actual Bk picture. Whenever anyone hits national news in a story like this hundreds of social media accounts will seemingly sprout of nowhere claiming to be them. They’ll get thousands of followers. In a few weeks they change their profile picture and name back to something innocuous and the account gets sold. One of the forums where this stuff happens has been on the news many times over the years.

The defense itself has not tried to claim the dna doesn't match.
<snipped by me>

This should be posted any and every time someone tries to smash the separate DNA processes (local and IGG) into one.

If the defense is not making the 'Local DNA is flawed' argument why do people continue to project that onto the defenses argument?

If the defense sees flaws in the locally pulled sheath dna it would be in their filings. But they’ve likely seen the chain of custody, names of all involved in the testing, and they know it’s all as clean as a whistle. Meaning that it’s undoubtedly BKs DNA.

And that’s the DNA that matched his cheek to a tune of 5 octillion.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the IGG profile.

If you’re talking about Pappa Rodger’s or whatever the heck it was. That was conspiracy theory nonsense. Some true crime fan weirdo who took a page out of Q and posted in flowery prose and formed his theories into inquiries.

If you’re talking about an actual Bk picture. Whenever anyone hits national news in a story like this hundreds of social media accounts will seemingly sprout of nowhere claiming to be them. They’ll get thousands of followers. In a few weeks they change their profile picture and name back to something innocuous and the account gets sold. One of the forums where this stuff happens has been on the news many times over the years.
I totally take your point, but I was following this closely on the day, literally in the minutes after they announced the arrest. I'd seen that Facebook account ("Papa Rodger") prior to the arrest, as well as the famous Reddit one. The picture bears a striking resemblance!

<snipped by me>

This should be posted any and every time someone tries to smash the separate DNA processes (local and IGG) into one.

If the defense is not making the 'Local DNA is flawed' argument why do people continue to project that onto the defenses argument?

If the defense sees flaws in the locally pulled sheath dna it would be in their filings. But they’ve likely seen the chain of custody, names of all involved in the testing, and they know it’s all as clean as a whistle. Meaning that it’s undoubtedly BKs DNA.

And that’s the DNA that matched his cheek to a tune of 5 octillion.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the IGG profile.
Right. The defense is not saying BK is not a match. They're not saying there was a mistake in the process of collecting the dna, analyzing the dna, the familial match with BK's father or the actual match to BK himself.

They're saying WHY did you decide to test BK's father? What led to that decision? What investigative techniques did you use to decide to test his father? You say in the PCA that it was the car. We're not so sure. Give us the notes of the IGG so we can see how you did that and at what point you had a name from it.

In truth, we do not know at what date they had a family to pinpoint from the IGG. It might have been before they ran plates at WSU, it might have been after. If it was after, the IGG doesn't matter because the car led to the dna testing. If it was before and it wasn't the car that led to the testing, the defense wants to know.

There are 9 meta warrants on the idaho cases of interest site and none of them is for BK. You can open all of them on the site. They are still there.

They are directed at the victims' SM, but that doesn't mean they aren't about BK (they definitely aren't for his SM - but who knows whether he turned up in the victims' social media). Can't remember if I went ahead and posted yesterday - but there are MSM links saying that he did creep into MM's instagram (I think that's how the NYPost put it - I am aware that the NYPost is not everyone's cuppa).

It would be an early investigative technique, not dependent on having a suspect, and it could well have produced information about Kohberger. I believe the MSM articles on this are relying on information from PA (not under the gag order, but obviously people in PA found out some details during the LE actions and investigations there).

It's often the case that the target of a SM warrant turns up information about many other people than the one whose account is under the warrant.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member