4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to lay a bet I would bet it doesn't matter what the docs say because that sheath will have been photographed before anyone touched it.

Just a guess.
It absolutely will have been. Everything will have been, with evidence marker and ruler next to it. And most likely, they will show those photographs at trial, both of the knife in situ, and on its own fully exposed.

MOO

Thompson was complaining about the defense delays so I believe Thompson is ready.

Ahead of University of Idaho stabbing suspect Bryan Kohberger's latest hearing, Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson urged Judge John Judge to deny the defendant's second request to delay proceedings without waiving his right to a speedy trial.

Thompson argued the defense is trying to "grind the litigation in this matter to a halt" and continually postpone the case.

Agree. I think the prosecution is tired of the games quite frankly.

jmo

BBM: All of that will be in a report documented by the forensic officers who were doing the work. Do you think it wasn't documented? If so, on what basis when it is common practice for professionals to do so? Crime scenes are intricately documented. Those reports are in the discovery and under seal from the public so no-one can answer that question here. Moo
Obviously, I know we don't have the discovery. I'm just pointing out we have somewhat contradictory or at minimum inconsistent information. We don't know why that is, yet. And no, I don't expect people here can answer this question since none of us have seen the actual crime scene. I'm just making note of something I noticed.

Obviously, I know we don't have the discovery. I'm just pointing out we have somewhat contradictory or at minimum inconsistent information. We don't know why that is, yet. And no, I don't expect people here can answer this question since none of us have seen the actual crime scene. I'm just making note of something I noticed.
Apologies if I'm alluding to something that's not there. But in context of the DNA conversations we've been having. My mind immediately jumps to 'is this implying the sheath was purposely moved?' Because there seems to be undertones (maybe a misinterpretation on my end) that BK (this random joe from PA) is being framed by powers unknown for whatever reasons. and like other conspiracy theories its always "just asking questions".

If you read what the two officers wrote, sentences 1 and 2 of what each allegedly wrote are identical. Then sentence 3 for each is completely different. And there is a third version of the story where the sheath was half under MM and half under the blanket. If it was half under her, it would not be lying beside her right side. So, right there, this looks very questionable. Where exactly was the sheath when it was found and who found it?

He does not have to be exactingly precise in the arrest warrant because the exact position of the sheath as opposed to the general location of near Maddie's body in the bed is not relevant to the arrest warrant. The fact that a knife sheath was recovered from the bed in close vicinity of Maddie's body IS relevant, and the most relevant thing is that the sheath in that proximity to the body was found to have DNA on it. The arrest warrant and the search warrant are not police reports nor are they forensic tech reports. They are summaries. If a knife sheath is half under her and half sticking out to the side of her, then for simplicity's sake some people are summarizing that by describing the part they see sticking out next to her as simply "next to." They don't have to put in details that are unnecessary for the purposes of the warrant. Heck, neither the arrest warrant nor the search warrant even mention where Ethan's body was found other than "Also in the room was a male, later identified as Ethan Chapin, hereafter, "Chapin". "

The point you would need to worry about is if the Prosecution has the information wrong. And from their June 16 State Motion for Protective Order, it is clear that the Prosecution has exact and correct information.

"The sheath was face down and partially under both Madison’s body and the comforter on the bed."

And the Defense has the forensics reports and the actual police reports from the crime scene processing that day. And if that information on there wasn't exact and correct, we would have seen the Defense filing motions about it by now. And they have DEFINITELY gone through the immediate crime scene reports by now, even if they haven't made their way through all the tons of other stuff.

Idaho Statesman headline is saying trial will not begin until sometime in 2024, but it requires a subscription to read.

I am never usually successful getting around that but I was this time.

"The capital murder trial of Bryan Kohberger, the suspect in the University of Idaho student homicides, was indefinitely postponed from its scheduled October start date after he waived his right to a speedy trial at a court hearing Wednesday. The significant development in the case comes just five days after an all-day hearing when Judge John Judge of Idaho’s 2nd Judicial District in Latah County set a deadline of Sept. 15 for Kohberger to make such a decision. Under state law, criminal defendants must receive a trial date within six months of their arraignment if they don’t waive that right. In mid-May, a grand jury in Latah County convened by the prosecution indicted Kohberger on four counts of first-degree murder and one count of felony burglary, which eliminated a scheduled preliminary hearing. Kohberger was arraigned a week later and stood silent when asked for his plea to the charges, leading Judge to enter a plea of not guilty. Judge set a trial date of Oct. 2.

Taylor requested the Wednesday hearing last week, telling Judge she thought it would be quick but asked that it be held in person rather than virtually. Kohberger joined her in attendance, dressed in a white shirt and gray tie. Kohberger, 28, is accused of slaying four U of I students to death at an off-campus home on King Road in Moscow in November. The victims were seniors Madison Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves, both 21; and junior Xana Kernodle and freshman Ethan Chapin, both 20. Earlier Wednesday, the Goncalveses posted to their family Facebook page before the hearing, asking for prayers. “We are afraid he is going to waive his rights to a speedy trial,” the post read. “If he does, trial will not be starting on Oct. 2 and it is very likely that it won’t take place for years. We want to get this trial over. Just thinking it could be years absolutely kills me.”

Kohberger, a former graduate student in the criminal justice and criminology department at Washington State University, was arrested in December while visiting his family in eastern Pennsylvania on a break from school. The break in the case ended a nearly eight-week manhunt. Kohberger was flown to Idaho on Jan. 4 and made his first court appearance in the state on the charges the next day. Kohberger has remained in custody at the Latah County Jail, in the basement of the county courthouse, awaiting his trial for nearly eight months.

The next scheduled court appearance for Kohberger is Sept. 1, when Judge will hear the defense’s motion to dismiss the grand jury indictment based on arguments that the jurors did not receive proper instructions, and that the indictment didn’t meet the necessary legal threshold. A grand jury is secretive process in which the defendant and their defense, and public, are not allowed to attend. The prosecution filed its objection to the defense’s motion to dismiss the indictment last week. The pretrial schedule may be updated on account of Kohberger waiving his speedy trial right Wednesday."

Last edited:
By now 'm guessing everyone has heard the reports today that he was kicked out of the LE program at the technical school due to complaints from females in the class? He switched to HVAC before ultimately dropping out.

You are saying it is noteworthy and a difference worth highlighting.

I disagree.

Could you please explain how you believe this particular difference might impact the sheath and/or the overall evidence in this case so I can better understand your position?
I have absolutely no idea what this inconsistency may mean, if anything. Only that it exists. I'm making a note of it, like I make notes of many, many things when I have a question and look forward to getting answers about them - hopefully no later than the conclusion of the trial, if there is one. Whenever I find an inconsistency I make a note of it 100% of the time. Even if it seems inconsequential or unimportant. What it means may be nothing or later on, it may somehow turn out to be important. There is no way of knowing at this point in time.

Apologies if I'm alluding to something that's not there. But in context of the DNA conversations we've been having. My mind immediately jumps to 'is this implying the sheath was purposely moved?' Because there seems to be undertones (maybe a misinterpretation on my end) that BK (this random joe from PA) is being framed by powers unknown for whatever reasons. and like other conspiracy theories its always "just asking questions".
This is not in the context of the DNA conversations. It's just an inconsistency I noticed, nothing more, nothing less. It could mean nothing or later on we may somehow find it was important. I can't predict the future so I don't know what it means, if anything, at this point in time.

Then what is it? I don't understand. Do you think it goes to their veracity? They wouldn't lie to the court imo. They would simply never take that chance.

jmo
I would certainly hope they don't lie in court and I'm not expecting that they will. I really don't know what the inconsistency means. Either later it will mean something or it will mean nothing. It simply exists at this point in time and we'll see either later on or during the trial if it means anything or not.

I really don't know what the inconsistency means. Either later it will mean something or it will mean nothing. It simply exists at this point in time and we'll see either later on or during the trial if it means anything or not.

[snipped by me]

This is from an earlier post you made. Is this the inconsistency you are referring to? If so, I don't view these statements as inconsistent.

Payne saw it (personal knowledge)

Baker was "told" this (by Idaho State Police)

1692832970930.png

I have absolutely no idea what this inconsistency may mean, if anything. Only that it exists. I'm making a note of it, like I make notes of many, many things when I have a question and look forward to getting answers about them - hopefully no later than the conclusion of the trial, if there is one. Whenever I find an inconsistency I make a note of it 100% of the time. Even if it seems inconsequential or unimportant. What it means may be nothing or later on, it may somehow turn out to be important. There is no way of knowing at this point in time.
I believe it is only your opinion that it's an inconsistency. It's my opinion that all of the quoted facts can be consistent.

The sheath was never described by anyone as being entirely under the body and covers nor entirely on her right side. The paltry facts that we have certainly don't preclude the fact that the sheath was partially under the body and covers on her right side. As pointed out previously, the photos will clarify.

MOOs are especially important when posting information inferring LE's errors in an investigation. Obviously, my MOO.

Now I think we can more confidently say we're seeing a pattern.

'It wasn't gonna be an ending up in the police academy kind of thing for him,' she said. 'It was gonna be a little bit more of a challenge for him to get there.' Carmella-Beers claimed Kohberger took the program 'extremely seriously,' but was kicked out after a group of girls made a complaint.

A complaint was made, and the teacher reported it to me, and said, "You know, this is not something we can have,"' she said on the podcast. An investigation needed to be conducted. Other students were interviewed. Bryan was interviewed. And there comes a time when decisions have to be made, whether it's the decision the student wants or not. Carmella-Beers did not provide details, citing student privacy laws, but added: 'Ultimately what had him removed from the program, when I look back on it now, makes sense.'

Anyone on here an expert in handwriting analysis? I had mine done at a Mothers Day out, many years ago by the only top handwriting analyst in the nation. He was spot on about my personality. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper