4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this. Okay so Vargas reached out to people in the genetic genealogy community over the weekend and backtracked on her sworn testimony. Interesting. Sounds like the GG people contacted the FBI who did the work and they questioned her about it and she apparently told the agents that some of what she signed in her sworn declaration she did not fully read. Thompson says they are in the process of documenting this for Taylor. And, the only reason she was contacted was because she was retracting some of what she testified to.

Did I get that right? It's hard to hear every word clearly.

I believe so, AT is so hard to hear and the typing click clack is so annoying!

I think they're going to try to call DM. Besides the sheath, DM's eyewitness account of seeing the intruder is what they've been agitating hardest against.

MOO

Judge ruled (good thing) that they will not be able to do that wo disclosing it. Am I remembering this correctly? Someone posted last week maybe that the Judge ordered that she produce the non-alibi alibi evidence by a date certain for anyone she intended to call.

jmo

Last edited:
My initial reaction: is he 12?

My second reaction: were his hands shackled?

That is a very stilted signature. Stunted, stilted.

Jmo

I think that at this point in the American educational system, handwriting analysis can no longer be applied to cursive signatures/writing of people under the age of around 30. Heck, in 2010 cursive handwriting was removed from the Common Core standards for K-12 so it is no longer required. My eldest child was in 2nd grade in 2009 and was one of the last group of kids at his grade school who had 3 weeks of cursive hand writing work in class. He had no cursive practice in school from 3rd grade on. Neither he (now 21) or his 16 yr old sibling (who had literally 1 wk of cursive in 3rd grade) can even sign their name for their state IDs/driver licenses/bank accounts without having to have me write it on another piece of paper first and them copy it. Schools don't need it with the advent of iPads and Chromebooks. Most people have their paychecks electronically deposited and very rarely if ever need to sign checks.

I'm 51 and used cursive all throughout my educational years, including college. I literally can't think of the last time I used cursive to anything more than sign my name in the last 10-15 years. Handwriting analysis of me now would show nothing more than someone who learned it but is out of practice, has carpal tunnel from being a sign language interpreter, and has rheumatoid arthritis in her hands from long Covid. My current cursive looks awful and is not consistent from signature to signature even due to the extreme variability in how stiff my finger joints are on a day to day basis.

I think they're going to try to call DM. Besides the sheath, DM's eyewitness account of seeing the intruder is what they've been agitating hardest against.

MOO
I think she's got some thought process that DM and BF were together in BF's room (in which case how would DM be able to ID BK on the 2nd floor). But I don't think her timing will pan out. I'm guessing it might be coming from the downloads of their phones. They might have been texting in real time. Just a guess. In other words both things could be true. She could have seen BK and later ran down to BF.

jmo

Then you must believe that "next to" means the same as "under."
Respectfully, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's quite possible for one end of the sheath to be visible next to her, while the rest is under. I hope we can all be civil. I won't be commenting on this topic again, because you've made yourself abundantly clear, as have I. MOOooo

Cause they ain't got no defense. It is clear to me his attorney's ONLY HOPE was to get evidence thrown out.

It really doesn't matter anyway.. .he is in jail for life regardless... before trial and after the trial

He's surely in jail for the next couple of years at this rate - kind of a high price to pay if one is innocent and has an alibi. Prison is often regarded as better than jail (at least where I live and IME).

I think she's got some thought process that DM and BF were together in BF's room (in which case how would DM be able to ID BK on the 2nd floor). But I don't think her timing will pan out. I'm guessing it might be coming from the downloads of their phones. They might have been texting in real time. Just a guess. In other words both things could be true. She could have seen BK and later ran down to BF.

jmo
Early chatter went this way, before it became known that DM’s room was on the second level. There was unconfirmed talk that DM saw a masked Ninja, and was so frightened that she left her room and spent the rest of the night locked in BF’s room.

Respectfully, as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's quite possible for one end of the sheath to be visible next to her, while the rest is under. I hope we can all be civil. I won't be commenting on this topic again, because you've made yourself abundantly clear, as have I. MOOooo
Completely agree. Imo you don't have to be LE or a lawyer to understand that an object can be next to and partially under at the same time. You only have to be able to read, deduce, and reason, lol.

It isn't ironic that BK has been expelled/fired from every role he participated in with something he was passionate about. LE training, security guard, TA.

I wonder if once he was selected to those positions if he didn't use them to abuse, stalk or harass women by being in a 'power of position'?

It will be interesting to see what comes out at trial about BK's past.

ALL MOO

You put your finger on it (well, right on one of my main concerns). There's a pattern here (I am not trying to make a legal point - but a psychological one, which you did better than I can).

I really hope that the trial provides a ton of evidence about his past - but if not, that some books are written about this case, once people who knew him in the past don't feel so edgy about speaking up.

IMO.

If you read what the two officers wrote, sentences 1 and 2 of what each allegedly wrote are identical. Then sentence 3 for each is completely different. And there is a third version of the story where the sheath was half under MM and half under the blanket. If it was half under her, it would not be lying beside her right side. So, right there, this looks very questionable. Where exactly was the sheath when it was found and who found it?
Yes, sentence 3 was different because they each had slightly different experiences. The investigators were not attached to the hip. One apparently saw the bloody sheath at the crime scene later and the other was told about it later. I don't see that as a problem.

They were looking at two brutally stabbed young girls. I am sure it was bloody and gruesome. And there were 2 other dead bodies to take in as well that day. They may have processed the experience in slightly different ways.

Who cares if one says half under blanket /half under body and the others say 'under' the body? Both of the things can be true. Just worded differently.

And besides----there are many pictures that will show exactly how it was found. So the exact way one officer describes it vs another does not matter in the end. One mentions the blanket while another doesn't. I don't see the problem. Obviously there are going to be blankets, they were found in bed.

"Where exactly was the sheath when it was found and who found it?"

I think that has been answered pretty clearly. The sheath was found at the crime scene, in the bed where the 2 dead girls were found. It was right there, partly covered by a blanket and one of the bodies.

The crime scene investigators found it when they began processing the scene. At that point they likely pointed it out to which ever detectives were still on the scene at that time.

The way you asked it above, makes it sound like there is some huge discrepancy about it's location and its discovery. It's not like it was found when the family came to pick up the deceased's belongings or by the cleaning crew weeks later.

By now 'm guessing everyone has heard the reports today that he was kicked out of the LE program at the technical school due to complaints from females in the class? He switched to HVAC before ultimately dropping out.

It makes me wonder how AT works with him. He is known to be creepy around women. Now he is counting on a woman's expertise to defend him.

It makes me wonder how AT works with him. He is known to be creepy around women. Now he is counting on a woman's expertise to defend him.
A defense attorney is a defense attorney. She isn't the first woman to defend a man who has been charged with horrific crimes against women, and she won't be the last.

MOO

A defense attorney is a defense attorney. She isn't the first woman to defend a man who has been charged with horrific crimes against women, and she won't be the last.

MOO
No disagreements with what you said. I just wonder if this would be sustainable in the long run. Can he behave himself? Would it get to a point where she would decide to no longer defend him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori