4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been stated when BK’s father arrived before the headed East?
In Blum's book, Chapter 1, the story starts on Dec. 15, 2022 - the day MK and BK left Pullman, then it says, "Just five days earlier he'd (MK) flown off in harsh sunshine in Philadelphia to Seattle, then caught a twin-engine Ebraer E170 jet for the one-hour-or-so shuttle flight into a dark, frigid Pullman(Washington)-Moscoe (Idaho) Regional Airport." So, IMO, according to Blum, MK flew to Pullman on Dec. 10, 2022.

JMO.

BK has zero motivation to go to trial. Right now, he is in county jail. Better on every level than prison. He is "charged', not, "convicted".

I have no doubt that this defense is going to throw anything on the wall that sticks. Waiting for mental health and competency evaluations at some point, just to continue to drag things out. This is BK's control, he wants to stay in jail, as a "rockstar". Once he is convicted, the party is over. No more attorney visits, discussing strategies. It will just be bars, and cement walls.

I don’t understand why the room mates that heard things did not call 911 sooner.

This question gets asked in every thread.... for me, the answer is obvious -- D maybe didn't like knowing that somebody's guest was outside her bedroom, but what from which she heard or saw would rise to the level of an emergency? This is a party house where calling the cops on your roommates would be social suicide -- calling 911 to report roommates for being awake and noisy? Who would do that?

And if neither surviving roommate had anywhere pressing to be the next morning, sleeping until 10 or 11 am isn't peculiar! Especially since they'd been up/out late.

I can however see how they might freak each other out, now pairing the sounds and dark figure with the utter silence the next morning. All the cars still there, no one leaving for work, no Murphy going out, no kitchen sounds, no responses to cellphones, and decided to call on male friends because they'd effectively spooked each other...

I don't think anyone knew there'd been bloodshed until late morning.
And 911 was called immediately then.

JMO

Last edited:
I trust the PCA exhibit A over Mr. Blum---- I would take whatever is in his book with a grain of salt- but I do not plan to read his bookp
?
BK has zero motivation to go to trial. Right now, he is in county jail. Better on every level than prison. He is "charged', not, "convicted".

I have no doubt that this defense is going to throw anything on the wall that sticks. Waiting for mental health and competency evaluations at some point, just to continue to drag things out. This is BK's control, he wants to stay in jail, as a "rockstar". Once he is convicted, the party is over. No more attorney visits, discussing strategies. It will just be bars, and cement walls.
You nailed it

I don’t understand why the room mates that heard things did not call 911 sooner.
I've never seen a satisfactory explanation for this either. We will have to wait for the trial to hear D and B's explanations.

<mod note - please remember to use only initials for surviving roommates>

Last edited by a moderator:
This question gets asked in every thread.... for me, the answer is obvious -- D maybe didn't like knowing they somebody's guest was outside her bedroom, but what from which she heard or saw would rise to the level of an emergency? This is a party house where calling the cops on your roommates would be social suicide -- calling 911 to report roommates for being awake and noisy? Who would do that?

I've always wondered if since they all knew that Kaylee and her BF had broken up--did DM in her half asleep and possibly hungover state think that maybe Kaylee or Maddie (less likely since she was dating someone) had met some guy while they were out that night and brought him home for a hookup? Strange guy coming from upstairs on the rare night Kaylee is there, he's being sneaky because he and/or Kaylee don't want news of this to get back to Kaylee's ex. Way too embarrassing to call the cops in case it is just that, and far more likely statistically to be a hook up than a man who has just killed 4 people in the house.

I always thought that D was probably half asleep when BK was in Maddie’s room. But I find it hard to imagine that, if she then heard Xana say “someone’s here”, surely she would’ve heard her subsequent attack too? Unless Xana simply ran super fast to her bedroom and the walls were REALLY sound proof. If D WAS spooked over this noise, I can imagine she texted B, who likely heard nothing or woke up after Xana and Ethan’s attack, and was reassured “it’s probably nothing, etc etc.” I also don’t find it hard to believe that they slept really late the next day, especially if they fully woke up and walked around a little / texted each other at 4am. That would mess with my sleep too. All moo, I put no blame whatsoever on either B or D.

<mod note - please remember to use only initials for surviving roommates>

Also from the same story from Howard Blum:

"A medical examiner revealed to me that a single arcing blow sliced through Chapin's neck, catching the jugular. He fell in the second-floor stairwell doorway."

Now I'm wondering if he crawled back to XK's room or was he found there just outside of DM's bedroom door?
Now I am actually putting myself through the exercise of reading HB's book. In the book, it says that EC had only just emerged from XK's room when he was face to face with the intruder and attacked and it says he "falls in the doorway." Then he attacks XK and steps over EC's body as he leaves her room.

So HB has changed his story.

In Blum's book, Chapter 1, the story starts on Dec. 15, 2022 - the day MK and BK left Pullman, then it says, "Just five days earlier he'd (MK) flown off in harsh sunshine in Philadelphia to Seattle, then caught a twin-engine Ebraer E170 jet for the one-hour-or-so shuttle flight into a dark, frigid Pullman(Washington)-Moscoe (Idaho) Regional Airport." So, IMO, according to Blum, MK flew to Pullman on Dec. 10, 2022.

JMO.
Does it really say in the book that BK and his father left Pullman on the 15th? If so, that is a major error in the first chapter. The 15th is the day BK was pulled over for 2 separate traffic stops in Indiana. No way could he have gotten that far in less than one day.

Full Video: Idaho Suspect Bryan Kohberger Traffic Stops in Indiana, 12/15/22​

The Hancock County Sheriff’s Department and the Indiana State Police recently released officer bodycam footage of traffic stops with Bryan Kohberger from December 15, 2022. Kohberger is a suspect in the November 2022 slayings of four University of Idaho students at a Moscow, Idaho, house. The 28-year-old Kohberger was arrested at his parents’ Pennsylvania house on December 30th. He was extradited to Idaho, where he will face trial. Kohberger says he will be exonerated.

@MassGuy Thanks for the link. :)

From story.
"DM - who also slept on the second floor - told police he heard her cry out:
'There's someone here!' "

D. HE heard??
I shouldn't be surprised that Blum's theory is that BK met M at the Mad Greek, even though the owner insists he was never there. I know we discussed that at some length and some of us did wonder if the owner could know for sure if he had been there and perhaps paid with cash. I would be curious who he talked to "with direct knowledge of the murders" that would have suggested that.

My opinion on the room mates is that they had a stereotype in their minds that a murder would be excessively loud and undeniable. Its highly possible this was in fact relatively quiet, so the little they did hear they talked themselves out of being silly and eventually went to sleep and reality didn't sink in

Does it really say in the book that BK and his father left Pullman on the 15th? If so, that is a major error in the first chapter. The 15th is the day BK was pulled over for 2 separate traffic stops in Indiana. No way could he have gotten that far in less than one day.

My mistake. The book actually starts on the morning of December 15, but BK and MK are in Kansas, so presumably they left Pullman before then. Kansas is only mentioned once. There's no local flavor or anything to tell the reader where they were. MK flew into Pullman on the 10th of December according to the book. The entire book is framed by the drive MK and BK took back to Pennsylvania.

JMO.

I'm wondering if LE chose to mislead about where EC was found for investigative purposes? So, IMO this information could go either way. I do think that if it was XK who said "There's someone here!" to EC, then it would make sense that he would leave their bedroom to investigate as opposed to shutting and locking the bedroom door. Just another thing that we're going to have to wait until the trial to find out which scenario is correct unfortunately.

JMO.
No. LE would not mislead for investigative purposes in the arrest affidavit. This information could not "go either way". Blum is incorrect. Which is nothing new. I disagree with you and we can agree to disagree.

Gonna run this past people here and see what they think on this, but if I were in my room, looked out, saw someone dressed like that in the hallway, and I got lucky in that I was able to close the door and lock it without him hurting/murdering me, too... I'd sit there in complete silence probably until someone came to my room to either rescue me or try to kill me (the door's locked, I would call 911 if the person attempted to break the door down). Why would I do this? Because I'd be terrified the person was either still in the house or would return and noiselessly prowl outside the door and hear the little beeps the phone makes as I called 911. I wouldn't walk, I wouldn't want the floor to creak, there's no way I'm speaking on the phone even in a whisper. Why? Well, he probably didn't kill me because he thinks I'm asleep. If he knows I'm awake-- in that situation, I probably get killed. So I'm going to move mountains to make sure that person thinks I'm asleep. No dialing, no walking, no movements, no nothing.

Gonna run this past people here and see what they think on this, but if I were in my room, looked out, saw someone dressed like that in the hallway, and I got lucky in that I was able to close the door and lock it without him hurting/murdering me, too... I'd sit there in complete silence probably until someone came to my room to either rescue me or try to kill me (the door's locked, I would call 911 if the person attempted to break the door down). Why would I do this? Because I'd be terrified the person was either still in the house or would return and noiselessly prowl outside the door and hear the little beeps the phone makes as I called 911. I wouldn't walk, I wouldn't want the floor to creak, there's no way I'm speaking on the phone even in a whisper. Why? Well, he probably didn't kill me because he thinks I'm asleep. If he knows I'm awake-- in that situation, I probably get killed. So I'm going to move mountains to make sure that person thinks I'm asleep. No dialing, no walking, no movements, no nothing.
MOO but it's not a suburban house with suburban customs.
Much different feelings about calling the police, fear of overreacting, the ridicule and ostracism that would follow would give every reason to play down seeing a stranger, yet a familiar type of dude in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli