4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94

Media Thread/No Discussion
Media Thread/No Discussion #2

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Media Guide to the Idaho Courts

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe BK's parents are victims of him as well. It appears they've tried to support him anyway they possibly could. JMO

Yes!

His dad helped him move into his Pullman apartment as well as helping him drive his car back to Pennsylvania. His dad also talked to his neighbors asking them to be friends with BK. The wife was creeped out by him and didn't want him in her apartment but they thought the dad was nice.
BK's dad said BK had trouble making friends.

Yes!

His dad helped him move into his Pullman apartment as well as helping him drive his car back to Pennsylvania. His dad also talked to his neighbors asking them to be friends with BK. The wife was creeped out by him and didn't want him in her apartment but they thought the dad was nice.
BK's dad said BK had trouble making friends.

I always thought it was very odd, but revealing, that BK's dad asked the new neighbours to befriend his son. I did that when my son was in kindergarten, as 'making friends' was a new skill to learn.

But BK was getting a PHD ----he certainly had plenty of time to learn how to make his own friends. It's sad that his father felt he had to try and do so. IMO

I always thought it was very odd, but revealing, that BK's dad asked the new neighbours to befriend his son. I did that when my son was in kindergarten, as 'making friends' was a new skill to learn.

But BK was getting a PHD ----he certainly had plenty of time to learn how to make his own friends. It's sad that his father felt he had to try and do so. IMO
You get the sense that the family was steeped in damage control, so much so that it was habitual. Which is what happens, I think, when one member is volatile, unpredictable. They were probably vigilant, desperate to smooth things over so BK didn't relapse. But like you say, it's one thing to help him make friends in kindergarten, help him onto the bus in kindergarten, but he's a 28 year old PhD student. So maybe it was just old patterns, not easy to let go of, leaving the training wheels on, or BK's family was trying hard to keep BK from popping off.

We're trying to make sense of BK given what we know of him. His family has known him all along, his whole complicated life. I can't fathom having to try to reconcile all that. The newborn, toddler... to teenager, then the external success of college and a Master's, acceptance into a PhD program, the appearance as a professor (TA) and then suddenly MASS MURDERER. They've got to be reeling.

Internally he was a plotting powder keg.

JMO

I believe BK's parents are victims of him as well. It appears they've tried to support him anyway they possibly could. JMO
I have seen similar situations with parents who have toxic/evil children. Sometimes they are codependent, through wounds from their own life experiences, but they are indeed victims. No one wants to believe their child is what BK has turned out to be.

I have seen similar situations with parents who have toxic/evil children. Sometimes they are codependent, through wounds from their own life experiences, but they are indeed victims. No one wants to believe their child is what BK has turned out to be.
THIS.

Nothing could have prepared them for what he turned out to be.

JMO

Quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger will appear Thursday in court, where a number of topics are expected to be addressed.

"A scheduled hearing is set for June 27, 2024, at 10:00 a.m. PT. This hearing will be open to the public and will be live streamed on the Court's YouTube channel," a court document filed in Latah County, Idaho, said.

Published Jun 27, 2024 at 5:00 AM EDT

@newsfromkerri

Before the hearing gets rolling, here's a little background: Kohberger, 29, is accused of stabbing four UI students to death on Nov. 13, 2022. If convicted, he could face the death penalty. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges, and is incarcerated at the Latah Co. Jail.

12:43 PM · Jun 27, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
80schick
Back