4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That was fast! And fascinating!

AT wants to know how the State will present their DP case, what they're using for aggravating and mitigating factors, and the State will provide that in discovery by March, bit they want to know what the Defense will attempt to counter it with, if I understand today's exchange correctly. They were both very measured in their words, neither betraying anything!

And what was BK thinking? They're talking about HIS LIFE.

Though I just don't think he cares. Not the way most people would care anyway. He's just watching it play out. Detached IMO is his natural state.

JMO
Yes, getting both sides exchanging information about the witnesses and evidence they will be presenting at trial will keep it moving in the right direction. Glad for the families that this hearing went well today. Hope it continues. moo

Personal musings....

I probably have a pro-prosecution bias to begin any case and low tolerance for shady defense tactics, but I will say this: I especially have to hand it to defense attorneys, it's a just I wouldn't and couldn't do. Wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't, for all the same reasons. This case has been in the works for a long time already and the trial now isn't until next summer and that assumes it won't be moved beyond that even.

We have a looooong way to go. The State might be quite ready, waiting mostly now on defense moves that require countermoves, but AT still has a huge job to do. Vigorous defense, force the State to work hard for BARD, but she also has to work to block the DP. That has to be daunting. All that discovery, make sense of it, find ways to challenge it, find experts who cam answer to it. It's almost like she needs to prepare for two separate trials within one.

So, while I might find some of her efforts/antics distasteful, I'm grateful that there are lawyers willing to take on hard cases, DP cases. Our system demands it.

I believe BK to be guilty as charged but even I don't know the depths of his psyche, the scope of his mental health, full insight into his childhood and brain chemistry.

Sadly, this is the most notice BK has ever gotten. I sense some duper's delight. He did what he did, now the whole world knows his name. That might equal a certain kind of perverse success to him. And now, while he continues to sit detached, all these pawns of his will work tirelessly and seriously, on both sides of Counsel, to hammer out the details.

Our justice system hangs on it.

Maddening though that he might be feeling very smug and empowered by the gamesmanship of it. Watching like he doesn't have a pony in the race.

When he's the pony.

JMO

I think the people proclaiming his unequivocal innocence should probably take the same advice.

Many of them (in this very Twitter/X thread) are doing so by implicating law enforcement directly or via innuendo. And in some cases, doing the same with both deceased and surviving victims.

JMO and respectful counter

Bill Thompson and Moscow police chief say he did it...I do not presume he is innocent just like these 2

do not presume he is innocent

Presumed innocent IN A COURT OF LAW.
The public can say and believe whatever we want/express our own opinion based on the known facts and evidence in the case.

We will not always agree, and that is fine. I’m thankful that here at WS it’s done much more respectfully than other places i.e., social media etc.

I’ve been following this case silently mostly lurking reading posts, and I agree with many others here, based on the facts and known evidence, IMO BK is guilty as sin.

IMHOO

ETA-clarification

Last edited:
Presumed iinnocent IN A COURT OF LAW. The public can say and believe whatever we want/express our opinion based on the known facts and evidence in the case.

We will not always agree, and that is fine. I’m thankful that here at WS it’s done much more respectfully than other places I.e., social media etc.

I’ve been following this case silently mostly lurking reading everyone’s posts, and I agree with many others here, BK is guilty as sin.

IMHOO

Yes. Thanks for clarification.

bbm

@kfixler

Update: Judge issues written order in #Idaho4 #BryanKohberger murder case setting June 2, 2025 as the trial start date, and running through Aug. 29, 2025. Court scheduling order here.

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc.coi/CR29-22-2805/2024/062724-Scheduling-Order.pdf

5:01 PM · Jun 27, 2024

I read through that scheduling order the other day and it's pretty clear Judge J Judge has worked hard with both sides to get down on paper that level of detail. I'm impressed by it. I know this trial seems to be taking for ever but that scheduling order does show Triple J's committment to getting BK to trial. It will happen. moo

From the Case Summary page

View attachment 514125
Thanks for posting @Nila Aella. Looks good and organised! I like the planning ahead and triple JJJ keeping the house in order. Three months seems so long for the trial but then realised time frame is intended to accommodate jury selection & voir dire (?) and also potential penalty phase.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back