4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally am looking at this as a juror of the general public and I sincerely believe this is what will happen. This is my opinion only.

The way it works in the USA courts:

1.) A prosecution expert testifies
2.) A defense expert testifiies.
3.) THE JURY decides who to believe, who is more credible, what explanation is the most reasonable.
4.) Sy will testify (if judge allows him) about the cell tower evidence.
5.) The FBI CAST expert with 30 years experience will testify about the cell tower evidence - there is information about this in the PCA.

6.) The jury will decide which expert's explanation is the most reasonable.

Sy's and the prosecution's testimony and Motions on this subject are so confusing, convoluted and full of this:

A.) Possibilities
B.) Maybes
C.) Could be's
D.) If we had more information

.......Because of this......the jury will find that the CAST information from the FBI and other prosecution data experts is much more reasonable than Sy's evidence, and they will go with this.

Look, the number one most important piece of evidence for juries - I have posted links several times about this - is DNA evidence. DNA evidence alone with no alibi convicts defendants from 20 to 30 years ago.

BK's skin cell DNA evidence shows it is reasonable it is his DNA on the sheath under a victim in her bed. I believe the jury will see BK's DNA as being beyond reasonable doubt evidence that helps prove him guilty.

Unknown - at this time - evidence could come up via cell tower/phone evidence, but from what I know right now this post is my .....

2 Cents
You certainly possess an excellent analyitical mind--I enjoy reading your posts-- so well
Thought out.

I suppose this is like an appeal for the defense motion? JMO, I don't think it will make any difference if the defense gets a change of venue. The evidence we've seen so far seems convincing enough for any jury to convict. DNA, video, GPS, phone records/CAST, eyewitness testimony, not to mention other circumstantial evidence from his activities, attempts to hide his DNA, etc.

Population of Boise (Ada County) is 235,216.
Population of Moscow is 26,677.
Chances of seating an unbiased jury are much better in Boise than Moscow AND the Ada County courthouse has just been remodeled, has plenty of parking, larger courtrooms, and there are many, many more hotels and restaurants in Boise than in Moscow.

Chances of seating an unbiased jury are much better in Boise than Moscow AND the Ada County courthouse has just been remodeled, has plenty of parking, larger courtrooms, and there are many, many more hotels and restaurants in Boise than in Moscow.
There are plenty of people in Moscow to seat an unbiased jury.

I personally am looking at this as a juror of the general public and I sincerely believe this is what will happen. This is my opinion only.

The way it works in the USA courts:

1.) A prosecution expert testifies
2.) A defense expert testifiies.
3.) THE JURY decides who to believe, who is more credible, what explanation is the most reasonable.
4.) Sy will testify (if judge allows him) about the cell tower evidence.
5.) The FBI CAST expert with 30 years experience will testify about the cell tower evidence - there is information about this in the PCA.

6.) The jury will decide which expert's explanation is the most reasonable.

Sy's and the prosecution's testimony and Motions on this subject are so confusing, convoluted and full of this:

A.) Possibilities
B.) Maybes
C.) Could be's
D.) If we had more information

.......Because of this......the jury will find that the CAST information from the FBI and other prosecution data experts is much more reasonable than Sy's evidence, and they will go with this.

Look, the number one most important piece of evidence for juries - I have posted links several times about this - is DNA evidence. DNA evidence alone with no alibi convicts defendants from 20 to 30 years ago.

BK's skin cell DNA evidence shows it is reasonable it is his DNA on the sheath under a victim in her bed. I believe the jury will see BK's DNA as being beyond reasonable doubt evidence that helps prove him guilty.

Unknown - at this time - evidence could come up via cell tower/phone evidence, but from what I know right now this post is my .....

2 Cents
This is an excellent break down!

My personal opinion is that the best that Sy could do is present a map of locations in which BK *could* have been instead. As in, locations that we could not prove he was not in - that's the kind of language I'm expecting to see. Locations, most likely, close to Moscow or following the trajectory of the drive.

IMO, any juror would be able to see past the "plausibility theory". Given the wealth of evidence, imo.

Since I don't live in the USA, this makes sense to me.

I'm not entirely certain why the prosecution prefers the venue does not move in the cases that get so much publicity? I 100% understand that it makes if harder for the families of the victims to attend. Personally, I believe that since the cases are so expensive anyways, they might as well provide boarding for the families.

Because if the venue does not move, my concern is the following:
The DT would try to find jurors that have not heard of the case, or if they heard of it, they have no opinion on BK. I know it is usually "would you still be able to be impartial" but hear me out, I believe that occasionally the court would allow the DT to add extra questions to avoid any perception of impartiality.

Now, statistically. From the people of Moscow, the ones who have heard of the case but don't have an opinion on BK guilt are not the representation of the average citizen; I believe they would be the people who are more naturally inclined to vote not guilty. I believe this is a phenomenon that has taken place in other cases that had an enormous amount of publicity, like Casey Anthony.

So IMO if the venue stays in Moscow, via jury selection, they might end up with jurors that are more inclined to vote not guilty. I hope this makes sense?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back