4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if BK ever did interview actual convicts for his research, but if he did, did he ask what went through their minds at trial? Granted this is merely a hearing, but what is going through his? I sense duper's delight.

All the attention he couldn't get naturally...

Now he has staff (i.e. his legal team) doing his bidding.

The process itself is very impersonal. I mean, they're taking about him and he's right there. Maybe real life is a lot like that for him. Talked about but rarely talked to? Outsider, looking in? Insider, looking out.

Is it possible for him to box out what happened around 4:10am that morning? Or is fully grounded in the moment here, like he's on TV in the TV?

Has to be surreal.

I see no discomfort. No remorse. No real engagement even.

JMO

He behaves differently from a defendant on trial who killed someone in a fit of jealousy or anger vs someone like BK who plotted and planned the murder of people who were total strangers.

Pardon my ignorance.

Just curious but why was he a fugitive at that point? If he was a fugitive why didn't they just arrest him on either of the two traffic stops in Indiana on his way to PA?

The definition of a fugitive is a person who has escaped from a place or is in hiding, especially to avoid arrest or persecution.

Let's say LE did indeed believe he was 'on the run' then again why didn't they just arrest him either of the two times they pulled him over on his way to PA?

Another question is why didn't they just bring BK in for questioning when he was still in Idaho and ask him for a DNA sample then?

Why follow him across country?
All excellent questions! IDK the answers.
My only guess is that LE needed that type of warrant because he was located out of State at the time? IANAL.
Additional reasons the D might want to know when LE first had BKs name (they might have the same questions).
JMO

The search warrant for the apartment states LE expected him to return.

One likely location for the clothes/mask/shoes that he was wearing during the attack would be his residence. While I believe Kohberger is visiting family in Pennsylvania over the current school break at WSU,I believe he intends to return for the start of the next semester,so I expect his belongings to still be in his residence at 1630 NE Valley Rd,G201.

And from the court filings we know that there was an interview on telephone between BK and the FBI at some point before his arrest, date and content unknown.

JMO

The prosecution doesn't believe that the defense has met the criteria of an alibi defense as stated in the Idaho statute. However, the judge has discretion regarding how he wants to proceed regarding the alibi defense, according to Idaho statute. And since this is a death penalty case, it's possible that the judge will allow the defense some latitude with regard to their alibi defense.

The defense believes that the prosecution has the evidence for their alibi defense, and in response to the prosecution's motion that the defense include in their alibi defense information that meets the criteria of the Idaho statute, the defense had requested/proposed to the judge that they (the defense) hold an ex parte hearing with the judge in order to discuss the content of their alibi defense and what the prosecution says it is lacking.

In proposing an ex parte hearing with the judge, he defense wanted the opportunity to explain to the judge what they believe they can prove from the cell evidence, but does not want to give this information to the prosecution, hence the request made by the defense for an ex parte hearing with the judge without the prosecution present.

I don't think it has ever been confirmed if this offer of/request for an ex parte hearing of the defense with the judge ever took place, however the process of requesting this hearing sheds light on the reasons why the defense's alibi defense does not meet the exact criterion in the Idaho code.
Excellent overview:
Dates of filing:
6/9/2023 D Motion for exemption or extension fo time
6/15/2023 P Objection to Motion
7/24/2023 Notice of D response to alibi demand
7/27/2023 States Motion to compel
8/2/2023 Objection to states motion to compel - where the D mentioned an ex parte hearing.
4/26/24 D supplemental response to alibi demand

He behaves differently from a defendant on trial who killed someone in a fit of jealousy or anger vs someone like BK who plotted and planned the murder of people who were total strangers.
I suspect however that his detachment is global, even to those related to him.

Slow simmer, I'm not sure anyone is safe. I assume he must have a stun belt on in the courtroom but I'd be scared next to him.

JMO

I suspect however that his detachment is global, even to those related to him.

Slow simmer, I'm not sure anyone is safe. I assume he must have a stun belt on in the courtroom but I'd be scared next to him.

JMO
Oh, yes. Very likely. No interest in emotions, whether his or others, except possibly enjoying the fear of his victims.

@BrianEntin

Lunch break now in Kohberger change of venue hearing. First part after lunch won’t be streamed — judge concerned about putting some of the social media posts on the stream. Could bias potential jurors watching. I’m meeting the Goncalves now to talk. They’ve been in court.

3:38 PM · Aug 29, 2024

This social media content, I don't think it's particularly sensitive. The power point had a screen grab of media outlets covering the Kohberger case. Today's hearing is specifically about media satursation. I gather that the judge doesn't want to add media saturation by what's broadcast from his courtroom!

JMO

#JBlive raises a great question-- are these hearings contributing to the media explosion?

Makes you wonder. If AT is creating media content that she then can count against BK. This hearing, it's not a matter of transparency! Journalists could have reported just as they are.

Seems like AT is massaging the media machine!

Making sure there's chronic public interest, then arguing against it!

JMO

1724963561374.png

Dr. Bronson's chart can be found at timestamp 1:37:31

See other cases noted above.

Kohberger case showed 444 articles 39,872 population ???? Outcome

• 16 Cases where the population was between 27, 500 and 62,000
  • Median number of articles was 85
  • Change of venue was granted in 12 of these cases
  • Change of venue was granted in 78% of cases with more than 80 articles

James “Todd” Murphy, the president of media tracking company Truescope said at the hearing that....

Latah County has about 3% of the state's population but the media exposure to the case was measured at about 36%. Ada County, where Boise is located, has about 34% exposure and roughly 26% of the state's population.

When the defense team hired a company to survey Latah County residents, 98% percent of the respondents said they recognized the case and 70% of that group said they had already formed the opinion that Kohberger is guilty. More than half of the respondents with that opinion also said nothing would change their mind, according to defense court filings.

Some respondents also made dire predictions, according to the filings, saying that if Kohberger is acquitted, “There would likely be a riot and he wouldn't last long outside because someone would do the good ole' boy justice,” “They'd burn the courthouse down,” and “Riots, parents would take care of him.”

I will be really surprised if there's a change of venue. Should not happen, imo. This dude can get a fair trial, imo.

Comes along with the crime. Dont commit a crime(s) if you dont want to be tried in a county, not of your choice!
You dont get to make the rules/laws! moo

MOO

Remember he is innocent until proven guilty. We don't know for sure he did commit the crime.

And not sure how anyone has a problem if it is moved. If LE has evidence that he did it then they can prove it in any state or county.

Side note: I always thought it was interesting with BK's background that he'd pick a state that has the death penalty. Just another part of all of this that doesn't make any sense imo.

MOO

MOO

Remember he is innocent until proven guilty. We don't know for sure he did commit the crime.

And not sure how anyone has a problem if it is moved. If LE has evidence that he did it then they can prove it in any state or county.

Side note: I always thought it was interesting with BK's background that he'd pick a state that has the death penalty. Just another part of all of this that doesn't make any sense imo.

MOO
I dont think Someone who
MOO

MOO
I think we all know he is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law - however, this is not a court room and we have our beliefs as to whether we believe he is innocent or guilty. I believe he is guilty.

MOO

MOO
I am confused by your post? It sounds inconsistent...

You said:
"Remember he is innocent until proven guilty."
"thought it interesting with BK's background that he'd pick a state that has the death penalty."

• We do have to remember a person is innocent until proven guilty
  • If he's innocent why did he pick a death penalty state?
  • Please do not read more into my posts - assuming or guessing?
  • We do not know all of "BK's background"
  • thank you in advance
  • My post are matter of opinion, not fact

The judge overseeing the Bryan Kohberger case abruptly paused a hearing on the capital murder trial’s potential change of venue Thursday after an expert witness for the defense in a presentation showed content from social media in court.

Kohberger, a former Washington State University graduate student accused of killing four University of Idaho students, is scheduled for his capital murder trial in June 2025. Judge John Judge, who is overseeing the case in the 2nd Judicial District, heard arguments Thursday from both sides as to whether the trial should remain in Latah County, where the crime occurred.

Thu, August 29, 2024 at 4:55 PM EDT

MOO

MOO

Only legally a killer is innocent until the jury all come back with guilty.

LE and the prosecutors and over half of Moscow believe he is guilty and it will become a legal conviction in 2025.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back