4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Summary page additions
1726418902274.png

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc.coi/CR29-22-2805/Summary/Case-Summary-Kohberger-09132024.pdf

Not so blurry of a mug shot:

New Mugshot
this one from Ada County Idaho #BryanKohberger accused in the murders of four University of Idaho students, was transported by plane Sunday morning from the Idaho county where he was being jailed to another county where his trial will be held.Kohberger's transfer from Latah County, where the killings took place in November 2022, to Ada County, more than 300 miles south and home to Idaho's capital, Boise, comes after an order last week from the state Supreme Court to proceed with a change of venue.

1726422802577.png

Re: BK's status in his new home:

Once in Boise, Kohberger was put in a jail cell alone, without extra security, according to Ryan. “He’ll be housed by himself, just simply because it’s safest for him, it’s safest for the other inmates, it’s safest for our staff,” Ryan said. “And that’s consistent with what we did with other high profile inmates that we’ve had in our jail recently.”

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article292516299.html#storylink=cpy

According to one reporter he has not been in charge of a death penalty case but has worked on post conviction stuff for a death penalty case.
With the addition of Chad Daybell, Idaho has 9 people on Death Row. From what I can tell, the state has executed 3 people in the last 47 or so years. With numbers like that, & taking into account not all DP trials result in guilty verdicts nor is the DP always the jury's unanimous choice when there is a guilty verdict, it still seems to me DP trials aren't very common in Idaho. So no judge will have much experience presiding over DP trials. I think too it would have been a bit weird for the ISC to look for a judge with DP experience vs look for a reputable judge in Boise who is available.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back