4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lighting also affects how dark his eyebrows appear in photos, which can either add or subtract from an impression of bushiness.
I'm just curious... so more direct lighting would make his eyebrows... do what in your opinion? Be more or less prominent? Sincerely curious what your opinion is about that since you brought it up.

I'm just curious... so more direct lighting would make his eyebrows... do what in your opinion? Be more or less prominent? Sincerely curious what your opinion is about that since you brought it up.
Side lighting is used in photography to create drama. In his earlier photo, you can see the light source is coming from the upper right because there are shadows extending to the lower left under his chin and nose. His eye sockets are dark, his bump nose is pronounced, and his features are sharp. It looks like there is some lens distortion that happens when the camera is too close to the face--making his bump nose seem even larger and the other parts of his face smaller than they might be in reality.

In the new photo, the lighting is more even and diffused, which tends to soften his features a bit. He still has the bump nose, but the photo doesn't look as moody or intense. His eye sockets don't look like he might be a descendant of Vlad Dracule.

It could very well be that the new jail has a better camera setup than the old.

MOO

Direct lighting, as opposed to overhead lighting has a strong tendency to make eyebrows look lighter. I remember during Covid lockdown and the rise of Zoom calls this was discussed a lot when people were using their desk lamps to illuminate their faces. Then rings lights became popular. Ring lights don't effect the eyebrows' appearance as much, but I'm pretty sure that Ada County isn't using one of those for their mug shots anyway. I suspect their mugshot photo setup is lot more like what you get at the DMV.

Even with the direct front light source, you can see his eyes are more deep set than usual. Overhead lighting also further deepens the appearance of the eye sockets and emphasizes the brow ridge. Brows appear dark or even darker with an overhead light source.

Do I think he has bushy eyebrows naturally? I think he has thick eyebrows and I think seeing his eyes and brows in isolation in the dark would definitely heighten their appearance. Do I think his defense team groomed his eyebrows before his first court appearance? Probably. Do I think he is allowed to have the tools to keep up that grooming on his brows when there aren't court dates--no. He had no way of knowing when he was going to be transferred to Ada County--if his defense team was worried about making sure his Ada mugshot would be non threatening they would have made sure he had the chance to shave as well.

AT will be requesting sealed hearings again in the near future, no doubt.

"The State believes there may be certain evidentiary hearings, for example if the state files 404b notices or motions in limine relating to the evidence, some of that information might be extremely prejudicial [to Kohberger] and the State would agree to seal hearings where prejudicial information is going to come out in that hearing."

07:01:49

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renasalazar
Back