4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 534436
okay let's just take out the part about the judge looking at Bill Thompson and let's just focus on Bill Thompson wording. This is from the transcript from the video from the last court hearing or if You can call ADA county and get copies of the transcripts of that if you are interested.

but what Bill Thompson said due to the nature of this case all of the victims were stabbed to death with a knife or a sharp edge item, I think that his was an inappropriate comment by him. IMO

start at 30 minutes and no seconds
BBM: Why does the timestamp skip from 30:49 to 30:54? I used closed captioning but did not pick this up. Also jmho but strange choice of wording that immediately stands out to me.

BBM: Why does the timestamp skip from 30:49 to 30:54? I used closed captioning but did not pick this up. Also jmho but strange choice of wording that immediately stands out to me.
you have to use the transcript feature, I didn't use the CC feature but you can still hear it in the audio still. I did use an earlier timestamp to be sure that I didn't miss the words.

Last edited:
View attachment 534436
okay let's just take out the part about the judge looking at Bill Thompson and let's just focus on Bill Thompson wording. This is from the transcript from the video from the last court hearing or if You can call ADA county and get copies of the transcripts of that if you are interested.

but what Bill Thompson said due to the nature of this case all of the victims were stabbed to death with a knife or a sharp edge item, I think that his was an inappropriate comment by him. IMO

start at 30 minutes and no seconds

All stabbed to death according to autopsies so I see nothing wrong with BT mentioning this. It is what it is and the facts need to come out.

2 Cents.

View attachment 534281
Yeah I have to look into that octillion times DNA situation and I'm still researching it.
<Snipped for brevity>

1 in 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. It’s always useful to see the zeroes.

Only 117,000,000,000 humans are estimated to have ever lived on earth.

Does that help?

IMO A.T. might need funding for a Time Machine AND a Galactic Star Cruiser to help the defense team find the real killer.

This is a jury trial about REAL throats being cut. The attorney off handedly used a phrase, an analogy, referring to 'cutting his own throat' if he agreed to an inconvenient schedule. I don't see that as being such a huge inappropriate thing. After all, there were 4 throats cut and that is the real priority here. Why is is such a horrible thing to mention the subject when we are actually focusing on that same thing in real life?

<Snipped for brevity>

1 in 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. It’s always useful to see the zeroes.

Only 117,000,000,000 humans are estimated to have ever lived on earth.

Does that help?

IMO A.T. might need funding for a Time Machine AND a Galactic Star Cruiser to help the defense team find the real killer.
Yes Thank you

edited to add: it's not Anne's job to find the real killer imo.

This is a jury trial about REAL throats being cut. The attorney off handedly used a phrase, an analogy, referring to 'cutting his own throat' if he agreed to an inconvenient schedule. I don't see that as being such a huge inappropriate thing. After all, there were 4 throats cut and that is the real priority here. Why is is such a horrible thing to mention the subject when we are actually focusing on that same thing in real life?
Saying "I'll feel like cutting my own throat if I do X Your Honor" in an offhanded and "humorous" way during the hearing did nothing to focus serious attention on the actual cutting of the real victims' bodies. Saying "I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall Your Honor" isn't something cute for an attorney to say in an offhanded joking manner at a hearing for a trial where the victim died of blunt force trauma to the head either. Nor is jokingly saying "I wanted to kill X Your Honor" appropriate at any murder trial.

People, including attorneys, say inappropriate non-PC things all the time. The world doesn't end but sometimes people ARE fired for nothing more than uttering "insensitive" words. In those cases, some people will see the firings as justified while others see them as yet another instance of "snowflake thinking" where people have the right never to be offended by anyone else's words. (In that world there is apparently no meaningful difference between words and deeds.)

In this case, no one is saying BT should lose his job. No one is saying he should be reported to the bar either, at least no one here. I don't think anyone is even saying it was one of the worst things to ever be said on the record by an attorney in any courtroom. And certainly no one thinks BT would actually cut anyone's throat including his own.

I may be wrong but I think this issue has been discussed at length mostly because some here have argued only AT has ever said inappropriate/regrettable things in court. So the warning from the new judge for the attorneys to "behave themselves" could only have been aimed at AT. (I'm pretty sure if AT had EVER joked about "cutting throats" there would be calls for her to be fired by the state of Idaho and censured by the bar. Not sure if those reactions would stem from gender bias or from an anti-defense attorney bias or both but I strongly suspect she'd have been excoriated.)

IMO, the judge's warning was aimed at attorneys on both sides. And BT's on-the-record dramatic choice of words about cutting throats is only one of several reasons he should be included in the warned group.
MOO

Really curious to see if he's swayed by the silver tongue. If he grants the D an extension for filing their (replacement, mitigating) expert, he hamstrings the State. So will he hold to the original deadlines or will he push the trial from June (and his preferred May) to Seotember?
I don't think this Judge is going to swayed by anything or anyone. He is highly organized and it shows. He expects things to done in a timely fashion as he mentioned and I believe he will stick with the original timeline of May.

I did get the feeling AT was off her normal 'game' during this hearing. In previous hearings it seemed like she was running them rather than the very non confrontational JJJ. I think the new Judge is a good move all the way around.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83
Back