4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All MOO

I think the whole sheath discovery is confusing b/c from the PCA it appears that Payne was the one who first saw it but if I remember correctly he didn't arrive to the scene until 4 hours after other LE. Yet somehow no other LE agents saw it?

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case that someone had a sample of BK's DNA and planted it on there. It could just be that it's not even a match to begin with. There's a reason why the prosecution is so desperate to keep all of their DNA/IGG work secret.

It's been stated in court documents that the profile is "partial and ambiguous"... well, ambiguous means "open to more than one interpretation", which really tells you all you need to know.

Since it was a partial profile, they had to use a statistics-based computer program to fill in the rest. It's possible that if an outside expert was allowed to compare the alleged sheath sample to the swab taken from BK, they would not be a match.

The entirety of the case against Bryan will come down to one self identified eyewitness, with a dubious story. For example, DM somehow hearing someone say 'I'm here to help' but doesn't hear four humans being murdered while at least one of them fought back. Not too mention possibly never calling 911 since we don't know who did call 911 8 hours allegedly after it all happened.

Bryan has no connection to any victim, their friends, their family or co -workers. He never worked with them, traveled with them, dated them or partied with them. He has no prior arrests, no history of violence, threats, stalking, intimidation of the victims or those in their orbit. He is without a motive.

There are no eyewitnesses, earwitnesses, fingerprints, footprints, or video of him coming or leaving the house at 1122. There is no DNA of any victims in his car, house, office or apt. He appeared at a doctors office for a physical 3 days after the bloody, brutal stabbing murder of the 4 victims, and had no cuts, bruises, scratches or injuries.

The indictment of Bryan appears to have been built around speculations, rather than investigators following leads of those persons of interest, who had motive, had anger issues with the victims, had means and opportunity.

Of course, one of the biggest head scratchers imo is that it appears that BK engaged in close physical combat with at least two of the victims (X and K) yet somehow did not leave any of his DNA anywhere in the house other than a spec on the button of the sheath. Also, since he was at the doctor three days later we know he had no cuts/wounds which again is hard to believe if he did it.

There was also not one spec of DNA/blood anywhere in BK's apt, car, office, etc which is a miracle imo. The odds of this are borderline impossible.

All MOO and remember I'm not saying he's innocent but I am not ready to say he's guilty either.
I don't think anything he said implies he found the sheath alone or even first.

MOO

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case that someone had a sample of BK's DNA and planted it on there. It could just be that it's not even a match to begin with. There's a reason why the prosecution is so desperate to keep all of their DNA/IGG work secret.

Well, the DNA on the sheath matches to an immediate relative with his father’s DNA found in their home garbage. This is a point of fact.

As a point of my opinion, my impression is that the prosecution wants to hold bombshell evidence for trial, as is standard practice.

Bryan has no connection to any victim, their friends, their family or co -workers. He never worked with them, traveled with them, dated them or partied with them

IMO we as yet have no idea if he’d worked up some connection in his mind, which was not reciprocated. Which also of course has long been one of the theories as to why they were so gruesomely murdered.

I don't think anything he said implies he found the sheath alone or even first.

MOO

All MOO

From the PCA and Payne's statement...
As I entered this bedroom, I could see two females in the single bed in the room. Both Goncalves and Mogen were deceased with visible stab wounds. I also later noticed what appeared to be a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side (when viewed from the door).

If I was AT one question I would ask Payne what he meant by 'later' and exactly how much later did he notice the sheath.

From my recollection...

Officer Smith was one of the first on scene, so he must have found the sheath. Nope, no mention from Smith about any sheath, only that he saw the dog.

Smith was leading Payne and Blaker who were the next pair of Moscow PD to arrive on scene at 4:00pm. Smith did not inform them of any sheath being found. Payne states in the PCA that he saw what appeared to be a sheath on the bed next to MM, visible from the doorway.

Blaker was with Payne walking through the scene, but Blaker didn't see any sheath and Payne didn't point it out to either Smith or Blaker that he saw what appeared to be a sheath.

Blaker states that ISP investigators found a sheath at M's right side visible from the door. Although Blaker had arrived at the scene with Payne and they were walked through by Smith, neither Blaker or Smith saw the sheath. And even though Payne states he saw what appeared to be a sheath visible from the doorway of MM's bedroom, he didn't point it out to Smith or Blaker.

Payne and Blaker both state that ISP investigators were already on scene when they arrived, yet the sheath had apparently not yet been taken into evidence because Payne saw it, or what appeared to be it, to the right of MM.

No ISP investigator named who allegedly found the sheath and took it into evidence. Of all of the officers mentioned in the PCA and search warrant, only Payne claims to have seen what appeared to be a sheath.

This is my interpretation and in my opinion it appears that Payne found the sheath.

All MOO

All MOO

From the PCA and Payne's statement...
As I entered this bedroom, I could see two females in the single bed in the room. Both Goncalves and Mogen were deceased with visible stab wounds. I also later noticed what appeared to be a tan leather knife sheath laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side (when viewed from the door).

If I was AT one question I would ask Payne what he meant by 'later' and exactly how much later did he notice the sheath.

From my recollection...

Officer Smith was one of the first on scene, so he must have found the sheath. Nope, no mention from Smith about any sheath, only that he saw the dog.

Smith was leading Payne and Blaker who were the next pair of Moscow PD to arrive on scene at 4:00pm. Smith did not inform them of any sheath being found. Payne states in the PCA that he saw what appeared to be a sheath on the bed next to MM, visible from the doorway.

Blaker was with Payne walking through the scene, but Blaker didn't see any sheath and Payne didn't point it out to either Smith or Blaker that he saw what appeared to be a sheath.

Blaker states that ISP investigators found a sheath at M's right side visible from the door. Although Blaker had arrived at the scene with Payne and they were walked through by Smith, neither Blaker or Smith saw the sheath. And even though Payne states he saw what appeared to be a sheath visible from the doorway of MM's bedroom, he didn't point it out to Smith or Blaker.

Payne and Blaker both state that ISP investigators were already on scene when they arrived, yet the sheath had apparently not yet been taken into evidence because Payne saw it, or what appeared to be it, to the right of MM.

No ISP investigator named who allegedly found the sheath and took it into evidence. Of all of the officers mentioned in the PCA and search warrant, only Payne claims to have seen what appeared to be a sheath.

This is my interpretation and in my opinion it appears that Payne found the sheath.

All MOO
'I noticed' and 'I observed' are pretty standard language for a personal reporting of a crime scene. It doesn't necessarily imply a singular ownership of recovery of a piece of evidence.

There would have been multiple people working the rooms of that home, documenting everything. They aren't all listed in the PCA.

MOO

'I noticed' and 'I observed' are pretty standard language for a personal reporting of a crime scene. It doesn't necessarily imply a singular ownership of recovery of a piece of evidence.

There would have been multiple people working the rooms of that home, documenting everything. They aren't all listed in the PCA.

MOO
IMO, I don't think Police are allowed to move the bodies until the coroner sees them. It might have been hard to see the knife sheath "laying on the bed next to Mogen's right side" until they moved the bodies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside
Back