4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This defense motion says the DNA on the sheath was found on Nov 20, 2022 at the ISP crime lab.

"On November 20, 2022, the ldaho State Police Lab in Meridian, Idaho located DNA on the button of the sheath and performed STR analysis that led nowhere when ran through CODIS (Combined DNA IndexSystem), other than to show the provider was male."
Right, but the STR test didn't turn anything up. They had to arrange for the IGG test after that. And we know from your link that LE noticed a white sedan they identified as a Nissan Sentra as being the potential car of the killer on Nov 18th. That was 2 days before the STR test. They didn't allude to the car being an Elantra until Nov 25.

I don't see a date when the IGG test was run but that seems to be one of the reasons the defense is asking for the State to turn over its IGG investigation procedure.

Right, but the STR test didn't turn anything up. They had to arrange for the IGG test after that. And we know from your link that LE noticed a white sedan they identified as a Nissan Sentra as being the potential car of the killer on Nov 18th. That was 2 days before the STR test. They didn't allude to the car being an Elantra until Nov 25.

I don't see a date when the IGG test was run but that seems to be one of the reasons the defense is asking for the State to turn over its IGG investigation procedure.
I don't think we've seen court documents that say they initially identified a Sentra, but I may have missed it. I completely understand where the defense was going with this--did the investigators change their facts to fit BK once IGG identified him (i.e., their experts said it was a Sentra, then they get BK's name, and suddenly their experts say it was an Elantra) or did the facts they had fit the match on the sheath (the experts determined it was an Elantra before they had the name).

So they were seeking the timeline of when the IGG spit out the name, but also the details of how that tree was put together and were any "loopholes" in the databases accessed that violated terms of service.

But haven't they had the information for a while at this point? Wasn't it all turned over last winter? Wouldn't we have heard about it by now if the defense found anything they thought they could exploit? It seems like we would. IMO

I think what you wrote above is even stronger proof it wasn't a frame job with planted DNA. They sent it to the crime lab almost immediately---probably before they learned about the bushy eyebrows or the white Nissan. Certainly before they had a chance to single out BK as a potential patsy. If they identified the white sedan around Nov 18th, then that was AFTER the DNA had already been sent out to the State Lab.

I am confident that the DA will be able to show the jurors that there was no way for LE to plant the DNA.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAA
Back