4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is anybody else surprised at the renewed interest in this now that kc is trying to get a paid interview? I find it interesting to see new posts from recently joined members.
As the days go on, the chances of her ever getting a paid interview grow from slim to none. Anytime a new story appears about her (usually in a tabloid), the backlash against her is immediate and fierce. :moo:

Baez was a huge pot stirrer and considered a joke by most people so his indignation was completely disingenuous. :moo:

Ashton was supposed to be a consummate professional, surely he knew better than to sit there smirking and snickering like he was in high school.

Baez aka BOZO won the case anyway.

Just Sayin

I agree with a large portion of your post, but not all. As far as I'm concerned, Ashton LOST this case with his "iffy/new" tests/science and his SMUG demeanor. I don't believe he proved his case and said so since the beginning.

Why does fca's behavior always get a pass?...Certainly if you noticed the demeanor and facial expressions of one of the prosecutors than you noticed fca shoving her fingernails into her tear ducts and scraping the flesh off her nose with tissue paper the entire trial, right? Or how she pretended to be sad, even inconsolable, and had to be cradled by her atty when the jury was present but the instant they left she was perfectly composed, often giddy.... She was the one on trial, her behavior is the behavior that should matter...

All jmo.

Ashton was supposed to be a consummate professional, surely he knew better than to sit there smirking and snickering like he was in high school.

Baez aka BOZO won the case anyway.

Just Sayin

Did you watch all the pretrial hearings leading up to the trial, and all the taunting, game playing, slimy things that Ashton had to put up with from jbaez? It's a wonder how that man only contained himself to a burst of laughter in light of all the craziness jbaez and fca threw at this man for 3 years... I think he showed great restraint...

All jmo.

Did you watch all the pretrial hearings leading up to the trial, and all the taunting, game playing, slimy things that Ashton had to put up with from jbaez? It's a wonder how that man only contained himself to a burst of laughter in light of all the craziness jbaez and fca threw at this man for 3 years... I think he showed great restraint...

All jmo.

Ashton's smug demeanor put me off.

Not just that outburst.

Just Sayin. JMHO

Why does fca's behavior always get a pass?...Certainly if you noticed the demeanor and facial expressions of one of the prosecutors than you noticed fca shoving her fingernails into her tear ducts and scraping the flesh off her nose with tissue paper the entire trial, right? Or how she pretended to be sad, even inconsolable, and had to be cradled by her atty when the jury was present but the instant they left she was perfectly composed, often giddy.... She was the one on trial, her behavior is the behavior that should matter...

All jmo.

I believe she was sad. I think she was sorry her daughter was gone. I still don't think she murdered her with malice. I think it was most likely she was responsible for death due to neglect or accident. I still think the jury got it right. I think that the prosecution screwed this case up by charging too much and acting like it was a slam dunk. Same with OJ.

I believe she was sad. I think she was sorry her daughter was gone. I still don't think she murdered her with malice. I think it was most likely she was responsible for death due to neglect or accident. I still think the jury got it right. I think that the prosecution screwed this case up by charging too much and acting like it was a slam dunk. Same with OJ.

If she was truly sad than why did she have to act/pretend to be sad?...the poking, jabbing, etc... Even Perry called her out on her "performances" and turning it off and on for the jurors...

All jmo.

Those are my thoughts exactly ScarlettScarpetta,

when the sequential notgulitys were read aloud, I wasn't shocked.

And something that doesn't get mentioned much.....

During deliberation, the jury quickly put Murder 1 off the table and were considering the lesser charges.

The breakdown was 6/6 for manslaughter.

Not just that outburst.

Just Sayin. JMHO

Yah, I see that... It sounds to me from your posts, and from the poster's opinions you're agreeing with, that you held this "smug" demeanor of Ashton's against him. Against the case... His job is to deliver the evidence to the jury, he's basically just a vector of information, that's all. His body language isn't evidence, nothing about him, as a person, should be considered or have any affect on the verdict, or winning or losing, whichever one you said... It's really too bad so many, including the jury, turned this into a popularity contest, that is incredibly unfair to Caylee...

All jmo.

Those are my thoughts exactly ScarlettScarpetta,

when the sequential notgulitys were read aloud, I wasn't shocked.

And something that doesn't get mentioned much.....

During deliberation, the jury quickly put Murder 1 off the table and were considering the lesser charges.

The breakdown was 6/6 for manslaughter.

It is a shame they did not give them other options. They put it out there all or nothing.. and got burned. It is one thing to try and catch someone for murder if you have a methodology and plan but they really had nothing and it is completely plausible that Caylee drowned in the pool. Still would have been her neglect but it is plausible.

I don't care for baez but he nailed this case from the beginning. He made sure she did what he wanted because he knew in the long run this case had so many holes he could get her off.

I think when people demonize other people making them all about one minute they miss a lot of the facts.

If she was truly sad than why did she have to act/pretend to be sad?...the poking, jabbing, etc... Even Perry called her out on her "performances" and turning it off and on for the jurors...

All jmo.

I don't know. Maybe she was afraid, maybe she was cried out.. Who knows??? But I don't think that makes her guilty.

Yes, the laughing guy.

I was watching when that happened and don't blame Baez for blowing his top.

Ashton couldn't contain himself, and he only added to the carnival type atmosphere of the trial.

LDB didn't act out in court.

Baez was putting on a show. He's a huge farce. I still remember that he gave that speech about how no one could be happy because Caylee was still dead the day of the verdict and then he proceeded to go down the block to a bar and start drinking in front of the bar's huge picture windows while one of his sidekicks jumped up and down like a two year old and his other sidekick gave the finger to the crowd outside.

Again, this is just my opinion, I think Baez had one of the jurors on his side and knew the worst he could expect that day was a hung jury. He was just too cocky before the verdict.

DC's book paints him as a total sociopath who was using people, tampering with evidence and making attempts to frame other people for Caylee's murder, leaking information left and right for his own benefit and isolating Casey from her family to ensure her complete dependence on him and that he would have total control over any communications that the Anthonys may have (via contraband letters he smuggled into the jail) and according to DC, soliciting Casey for sexual favors after stating behind her back "the B killed her kid, she's got a few screws loose."

While I'm not saying all of that is true, we already saw what he did to Kronk on national TV about a year or two before the trial, which was not accuse him of hiding the body, but claiming that he should be a suspect in Caylee's murder. If he'd stoop to witness tampering, which I think he did, I think he would stoop to jury tampering.

I don't, however, think the rest of his defense team knew about it. I think they were actually shocked when she was acquitted. Especially Cheney, since he tried to talk Casey into a taking a plea.

Hey do you guys know if that Jennifer Ford, juror 3 facebook page was real? Am I even allowed to post about it if it isn't confirmed? If I'm doing something wrong here, feel free to delete my post.

Anyway, DC also cited that facebook page in his book as legit and claimed she made the following posts:

August 29: 1) Jose Baez is a good attorney. 2. No explanation of death. Can you explain how Caylee passed? DO NOT JUDGE!!! 3. Jeff Ashton asked for way too much. Had he asked for lesser, he would have got it. There will be a book. You will all know the truth, then you can kiss my (butt) Take your hate toward Casey THANK YOU.

August 30: Baez was kind of hot. Ashton wasnt. Ashton was boring. Baez was funny. Ashton was putting us to sleep. you werent there so stop judging. You can all kiss my (butt). NOT GUILTY. why are you all so stupid? get a life people. Its not like you knew Caylee! Geez...

September 11: Hopefully when I get to LA for my interview with E! I can finally meet my idol, Kim Kardashian.

I wonder if she was the juror who would put her notebook down, sigh and turn away whenever Ashton got up to speak? IMO, Judge Perry screwed up big time when he rushed jury selection and actually blocked the state from getting rid of some of these people.

Baez was putting on a show. He's a huge farce. I still remember that he gave that speech about how no one could be happy because Caylee was still dead the day of the verdict and then he proceeded to go down the block to a bar and start drinking in front of the bar's huge picture windows while one of his sidekicks jumped up and down like a two year old and his other sidekick gave the finger to the crowd outside.

The DT deserved to celebrate their hard fought victory.

Cheney Mason was giving the media vultures the finger, can't blame him for that.

And Dorothy Simms was the one jumping.

Just Sayin MOO

It is a shame they did not give them other options. They put it out there all or nothing.. and got burned. It is one thing to try and catch someone for murder if you have a methodology and plan but they really had nothing and it is completely plausible that Caylee drowned in the pool. Still would have been her neglect but it is plausible.

I don't care for baez but he nailed this case from the beginning. He made sure she did what he wanted because he knew in the long run this case had so many holes he could get her off.

I think when people demonize other people making them all about one minute they miss a lot of the facts.

They had several lesser charges to consider.

I don't know. Maybe she was afraid, maybe she was cried out.. Who knows??? But I don't think that makes her guilty.

Well George's behavior on the stand was enough to convince the jury he was guilty of something with little to no evidence against him.

But no, that does not make Casey guilty anymore than it makes George guilty. There are other things that cause me to think Casey is guilty, mainly her car, her behavior during the thirty one days (circumstantial evidence that pointed to her disposing of the body, avoiding anyone who would want to know Caylee's whereabouts and covering up Caylee's death) and the fact that she obstructed the investigation into her daughters death and lied to and manipulated everyone she could get her hands on without remorse to get what she wanted.

Her jailhouse videos provided motive in the seething anger she exhibited towards her parents and her utter self centeredness. She was deluded enough to think that she was missing a fun birthday party being held at the house (without Caylee, which obviously curbed all celebration) and cried herself to sleep over the fact that she wasn't eating chili by the pool.

What was even more disturbing aside from her lack of remorse over Caylee's disappearance and her rage at being in jail over lying to the police was how utterly manipulative she was in trying to turn her parents against the police and her insistence that Caylee was still alive and the police weren't looking hard enough for her. SHE was completely innocent, she was doing everything she could to find Caylee and darn it, no one appreciated her. She then attempted to manipulate her parents into getting her out of jail (so she could look for Caylee who she knew was dead) and be around her father (who she claimed molested her and did something suspicious with Caylee's body.) This after telling him that he was one of the best grandparents ever. (The jury had nothing to say about that, apparently they thought it was all an act and she was obviously terrified of him even though she was screaming at him and her mother for not getting her out of jail.)

But according to the jury, all of that was outweighed by the fact that her body language seemed sincere and her friends said she seemed like a good mother. Right, a good mother who had no job, was lying her head off and stealing and was not supporting her daughter and any time she wanted to party or take a break from Caylee, all she had to do was say she was at work.

I'm not sure what trial this jury was watching, but it wasn't the Casey Anthony trial.

Cheney Mason was giving the media vultures the finger, can't blame him for that.

Just Sayin MOO

Yes. Simms was the one jumping. I referred to her as "Baez's sidekick" and Cheney as "Baez's other sidekick."

Cheney giving the finger was in bad taste. The same way that Ashton laughing during the defense closing statements was in bad taste.

I guess by the same argument, you could Ashton deserved to laugh after having to listen to JB's nonsense throughout the trial.

Not just that outburst.

Just Sayin. JMHO

He absolutely should not have laughed. He even admits that.

I don't think that should have lost him the case though if the jury was focusing what they should have been focusing on.

Do you think George was involved? If you think he wasn't, don't you find it rather cruel that he was accused of horrible things that were never proven and the despite the judge's orders to disregard that, the jury seemed to find credibility in the accusations against him?

They were given the options to convict her of second degree murder (a non death penalty offense) aggravated child abuse and manslaughter (also non death penalty offenses.)

The jury let her off on all serious charges because they couldn't decide who her caretaker was. Even though it was never proven that anyone but Casey was present when Caylee died. For some reason, they took Casey at her word on that. They didn't even try to fact check her story using the circumstantial evidence such as phone records or George's work records to try to verify whether or not she was telling the truth (which she had a long history of not doing.) I'm not even convinced that they listened to the prosecution at all, since some of them still seemed to think that Cindy could have made the chloroform searches.

I respect the fact that you think the verdict was the right one, but I still don't think the jury came by it by the right methods. They didn't follow the rules that they were asked to follow, including considering possible penalty. They let the fact that they didn't like Ashton sway them. They refused to discuss any of the circumstantial evidence they were ordered to give the same weight to as the direct evidence. They didn't disregard statements that they were told by the judge to disregard such as River Cruz's statement. They cherry picked the evidence that supported the scenario that Baez presented and ruled on emotion even though they claimed that they didn't. Then these people had the gall to state that they didn't want to render the verdict they rendered, but they had to because they had "sworn to follow the law."

Ultimately, they did not follow the law and Caylee (not Ashton, not George) was the one who suffered for it.

Just Sayin MOO

Every single one of them has no class at all. They all knew she was guilty but the case gave them their much desired fame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06
Back