Joanne Johnson, 93, murdered in her Augusta, Kansas home, September 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think the girls are sisters, but I wonder if they were both living in the same house from the way the reporter quotes the father...

It could just be poor reporting.
The father of those girls said he had no idea his daughter was involved and still doesn't believe it.

The father said that since that day, his daughter and the other girl have been up in their rooms.

I don't think the girls are sisters, but I wonder if they were both living in the same house from the way the reporter quotes the father...

It says she was walking with her friend in the park when they were "coerced". They're also the same age. Most likely they're not sisters.

So the police had enough evidence to physically put them at the scene and arrest them with Murder-1. The girls admitted to being there and witnessing. I wonder if something was stolen. IMO

It says she was walking with her friend in the park when they were "coerced". They're also the same age. Most likely they're not sisters.

So the police had enough evidence to physically put them at the scene and arrest them with Murder-1. The girls admitted to being there and witnessing. I wonder if something was stolen. IMO
Bbm.
Good question.
Such a brutal, heinous act.
What a painful death for this vulnerable lady. :mad:
And it wasn't instant.
She may have begged them to stop or pled for her life ?

Thanks for the link.

From that link :
He said his daughter said she and her friend were walking in a park on the day of the murder when a white man came up to them and "coerced" them into going to Johnson's home. She said the man grabbed a rusty axe from Johnson's garage and beat Johnson to death.

Holy cow.
I'm not buying that a white man walked up to them and coerced them into this brutal crime.
Nope.
I get wanting to protect your kid, however... their excuse is ridiculous; imo.
Omo.

Last edited:
Bbm.
Good question.
Such a brutal, heinous act.
What a painful death for this vulnerable lady. :mad:
And it wasn't instant.
She may have begged them to stop or pled for her life ?

Thanks for the link.

From that link :
He said his daughter said she and her friend were walking in a park on the day of the murder when a white man came up to them and "coerced" them into going to Johnson's home. She said the man grabbed a rusty axe from Johnson's garage and beat Johnson to death.

Holy cow.
I'm not buying that a white man walked up to them and coerced them into this brutal crime.
Nope.
I get wanting to protect your kid, however... their excuse is ridiculous; imo.
Omo.

Did he have red hair? This story has shades of "Carleee Russell" faux kidnapping.

From the quoted MSM link:

The county attorney told KSN News that the girls have not been charged yet. Their first appearance is scheduled for Aug. 29.
Yes but when they were arrested, it said they were arrested for 1st degree murder. I think they're trying to figure out if they can be charged as adults or something, so they're formally not charged yet. IMO

Yes but when they were arrested, it said they were arrested for 1st degree murder. I think they're trying to figure out if they can be charged as adults or something, so they're formally not charged yet. IMO
Update: Revised KS Statute prevents the girls from being charged as adults...

Girls Cant Be Charged As Adults

Each state is different on how they arrest juveniles. IMO, the next hearing (on 8/29) will likely be in district court where they will be charged as adults:

The “First Appearance” Docket begins at 1:00 PM

The “First Appearance” Docket is also called the “Arraignment” Docket. When you appear on this docket you will be called by the Judge to approach the lectern and make your initial plea. You will be given the opportunity to advise of retained counsel, request additional time to retain counsel, request appointed counsel, speak with the prosecutor, or request a trial. The Judge is not able to give you legal advice.

a) A “not guilty” plea means you do not believe you have violated the
Ordinance with which you have been charged. Your case will then
be set for hearing at a later date.
b) A “no contest” plea means you do not contest the charges against
you. The court is then required to adjudge you “guilty”.
c) A “guilty” plea means you admit you did what you are accused of
doing.

ETA: Add Butler County Court link

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the suspects are age barred from being prosecuted as adults per KS Statute.

I’m surprised that the state of Kansas would have that legislature and statute, but it is what it is. It’s still an extremely serious charge and will certainly be dealt with seriously, presumably.

Yes, this is what I was referring to, as well. I don't know if it was a foster child as the second or just a friend with a troubled.home staying with them or bad reporting. But several things made it sound like both lived in 1 house.

Reactions: GRT
Yes, this is what I was referring to, as well. I don't know if it was a foster child as the second or just a friend with a troubled.home staying with them or bad reporting. But several things made it sound like both lived in 1 house.
Cousins?

idk

jmo

I thought there might be exceptions, but it seems pretty clear. In California, it's below 16. Varies by state quite a bit. Well I guess this case will be sealed and the max sentence they can get is till they turn 22.5. We may not know any details as they don't have any incentive to tell the truth. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678
Back