Found Deceased 4 young males, Jevon Hurst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, Hugo Morris, traveling in a silver Ford Fiesta,Harlech/Porthmadog,North Wales,19 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you give the gist without any inappropriate details?
It's not too inappropriate, I'm just worried that it will be seen as speculation or rumour seeing as I can't reference it as it was a live stream that's now gone. There was quite a lot discussed, the most interesting thing was that the farmer owner of the land was distressed that he hadn't discovered the vehicle, but that was because it couldn't easily be seen. The car was eventually reported by a member of the public who had seen it from a higher vantage point in a higher-sided vehicle from the road. They said it was a very distressing scene and that car was partially submerged on it's rooftop in a body of water alongside the road (this much has now been confirmed in mainstream media as well).

or

The FB post is no longer available (that was quick). Thank you anyways!

It's not too inappropriate, I'm just worried that it will be seen as speculation or rumour seeing as I can't reference it as it was a live stream that's now gone. There was quite a lot discussed, the most interesting thing was that the farmer owner of the land was distressed that he hadn't discovered the vehicle, but that was because it couldn't easily be seen. The car was eventually reported by a member of the public who had seen it from a higher vantage point in a higher-sided vehicle from the road. They said it was a very distressing scene and that car was partially submerged on it's rooftop in a body of water alongside the road (this much has now been confirmed in mainstream media as well).
Thank you, I did wonder about how visible the car would be as the google map linked up thread showed an A road which would have had a good volume of traffic in the last couple of days

Yeah I back you up that was the jist of what was said.

The body of water was hinted at being more like a large puddle rather than a river to.

The body of water was hinted at being more like a large puddle rather than a river to.
Maybe a pond or flooded area on the farmer's land? It must have been deep enough to have partially submerged the car. Perhaps water levels dropped since Sunday's rain.

Just to say hope everyone is ok after following this thread all day - i feel exhausted trying to take everything in! I just wish the outcome could have been different.
It has been an emotional roller coaster. So much hope that the boys would be found safe whilst reading between the lines of the latest press updates and fearing the worst. I just really hope they were unconscious and unaware they had crashed.

In this article it mentions the car was found in a ditch.

The car looks has left the road on a bend, it seems the driver lost control and ended up in a ditch.'

Such sad news. Like everyone, I was really trying to cling to some hope with this today. They look like such sweet boys with their big smiles and curly hair. I hope they knew nothing of whatever happened to them, and that it was swift.

The Mail mentioned that the crash site was close to this waterfall trail. Google Maps
Gives a good sense of the road via google street view - in the heavy rain on Sunday the water may have been extra high. Looks like there could be quite a drop to the water in places, too, with some stretches being fairly well hidden by trees.

Poor kids. Poor families. What a horrible, horrible shame.

Last edited:
Just to say hope everyone is ok after following this thread all day - i feel exhausted trying to take everything in! I just wish the outcome could have been different.
Thanks wiseowl I hope you’re okay too - It was an Emotionally exhausting day I think from early on this morning in our hearts of hearts we all knew it was heading a tragic way.

The road has reopened now so I’m guessing tomorrow we will probably see the crash scene as I’m sure family members will be allowed to lay flowers at the scene - from articles it sounds like it’s on the sharp bend of the road as a lot of us thought.

The police will now have a huge investigation to conduct Early on it was stated that the car was fitted with a black box - does anybody with better mechanical knowledge than me know if this will track speed of the car and exact time of the crash? This might allow the police to piece together the lead up to the crash.

Also with them being in the car for what is presumed to be roughly 47 hours before being found (last WhatsApp access was just after midday Sunday one of parents said earlier) will tests be able to roughly determine time of their deaths? If it was my child I’d want to know as I’d need to hope they died instantly.

My thoughts are with the families of these 4 lovely boys the pain you’re going through is unimaginable.

Free Angel Sorrow photo and picture

The black box will indeed track the location and speed of the vehicle. That is the whole objective of "black box" insurance. If the data records that the car is being driven not in accordance with the laws/speed limits wherever the GPS data determines the location of the vehicle then the insurance company could/may invalidate and cease the insurance on it. I've no idea how they deal with minor occasional infringements - do they simply jack up the monthly insurance fees......

The black box data and more specifically when it suddenly stopped will determine the exact time of the crash. There will be a whole load of extra data that could probably be determined about the general driving such as how hard are they braking and accelerating, and possibly how long were they driving without a break though this might be difficult to determine if they stop and rapidly swap drivers and then drive on.

Indeed one suspects the insurance company will be very eager to look into the black box data in precise detail with a view to finding any way they can declare the car to be uninsured at the time of the crash thereby ensuring they can avoid any payout. Of course as yet we do not who was driving, whether they had a licence, and what the toxicology reports might say when they get back in a few months time.

The black box will indeed track the location and speed of the vehicle. That is the whole objective of "black box" insurance. If the data records that the car is being driven not in accordance with the laws/speed limits wherever the GPS data determines the location of the vehicle then the insurance company could/may invalidate and cease the insurance on it. I've no idea how they deal with minor occasional infringements - do they simply jack up the monthly insurance fees......

The black box data and more specifically when it suddenly stopped will determine the exact time of the crash. There will be a whole load of extra data that could probably be determined about the general driving such as how hard are they braking and accelerating, and possibly how long were they driving without a break though this might be difficult to determine if they stop and rapidly swap drivers and then drive on.

Indeed one suspects the insurance company will be very eager to look into the black box data in precise detail with a view to finding any way they can declare the car to be uninsured at the time of the crash thereby ensuring they can avoid any payout. Of course as yet we do not who was driving, whether they had a licence, and what the toxicology reports might say when they get back in a few months time.
The black box data if indeed there was one which seems almost certain with a 17 year old new driver is going to be key to being able to find out what happened as there obviously weren't any eye witnesses.

Based just on my own experience of when my children were 17 there is no way that it would be anyone other than the owner who was driving, ime no one drives anyone else's car at that age

JMO

I have some questions about that black box. I'm not familiar with them myself, but how does the insurance co. receive the data - is the box meant to report back if it thinks there's an incident, or does it just send data at regular intervals, or do the insurance co. need to physically hook it up to a reader?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate
Back