Found Deceased 4 young males, Jevon Hurst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, Hugo Morris, traveling in a silver Ford Fiesta,Harlech/Porthmadog,North Wales,19 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is almost definitely the case. None of the boys had signal, it seems, in the area of the accident. It makes sense that the black box would also be out of transmission range at that location.
It may also simply send its information every ten minutes or so.
I think the phones stopped working on Sunday - but that could easily be because the phones were submerged rather than because of a lack of signal up there

I think the phones stopped working on Sunday - but that could easily be because the phones were submerged rather than because of a lack of signal up there
This article from the Daily Mail has some aerial photographs of the crash site and the bend in the road. I hesitate to say they are good photographs as it seems an awful thing to say, but it does really show clearly how these poor boys could have come of the road. Four pals killed in Wales camping trip horror smash 'were so unlucky'

With the amount of rain there has been lately, it would not surprise me if there was a lot of standing water on the road and / or run-off from the higher, saturated terrain on one side of the road. You don't have to be going fast to aquaplane.

Yeah it was torrential on Sunday morning and quite high winds so that’s a possibility.

Looking at the third picture that arrogantcat posted, I think the most likely explanation is that they’ve come down the road and took that bend too fast and not been able to correct the line of the car in time (this won’t have been helped by the awful weather conditions on Sunday - there’s also a lot of standing leaves on the exit of that bend which for people who don’t know the layout of the road will not have helped as they can’t see the road markings)

Yeah it was torrential on Sunday morning and quite high winds so that’s a possibility.

Looking at the third picture that arrogantcat posted, I think the most likely explanation is that they’ve come down the road and took that bend too fast and not been able to correct the line of the car in time (this won’t have been helped by the awful weather conditions on Sunday - there’s also a lot of standing leaves on the exit of that bend which for people who don’t know the layout of the road will not have helped as they can’t see the road markings)
It does seem possible. I would just add that too fast doesn’t need to be over the speed limit for that stretch of road. So much judgement we need to apply as drivers and unfortunately that comes with experience. Added to an unfamiliar road and terrible driving conditions, tragic combination.

It does seem possible. I would just add that too fast doesn’t need to be over the speed limit for that stretch of road. So much judgement we need to apply as drivers and unfortunately that comes with experience. Added to an unfamiliar road and terrible driving conditions, tragic combination.
Yeah I agree, I mean going too fast for the driving conditions.

I know that stretch of road quite well and in poor driving conditions and visibility you really do have to take it slower than the actual speed limit unless you’re 100% familiar with the bends in the road - you also get people coming towards you with beaming headlights in sections which makes it difficult to see to.

That poor friend must be feeling all kinds of emotions.

So sad to read about the boys in the shop on the morning of the crash buying supplies for their trip - just shows how quickly life can change and how fragile life actually is.

Last edited:
Officers investigating the fatal road traffic collision involving four young teenagers have issued an appeal for dash cam footage.

The collision happened on the A4085 near Garreg Llanfrothen, Gwynedd and involved a silver Ford Fiesta which was discovered on Tuesday, November 21st.

Sadly, the four occupants – 16-year-old Jevon Hirst, 17-year-old Harvey Owen, 17-year-old Wilf Fitchett and 18-year-old Hugo Morris were all pronounced dead at the scene.

Police are particularly keen on obtaining dash cam footage from anybody who may have been travelling on the A4085 between Penrhyndeudraeth to Beddgelert in either direction between 11am on Sunday, 19th November and 10am on Tuesday 21st November to contact them.

Superintendent Simon Barrasford of North Wales Police said: “Our deepest condolences and thoughts remain with the families of the four boys. They are all being supported by specially trained Family Liaison Officers.

“A full and detailed investigation is underway to establish the cause of the collision. Part of that investigation involves reviewing CCTV footage and we’d like to thank everyone who has already made contact with us.

“Part of the investigation will also involve a full forensic vehicle examination and work is underway with our Forensic Collision Investigation Unit.

“We’d like to thank the local community in Garreg for their continued patience and understanding.”

As is normal procedure with road traffic collisions, signage and cones have been placed at the location by the highways department.

We urge anybody who may have information or dash cam footage that could assist the investigation to contact officers at the Roads Crime Unit via the live webchat quoting reference number 23001169854.

➡️ https://orlo.uk/AkH67

**The families request that their privacy is respected at this difficult time**

Look at this post on Facebook

The parents of the four boys visited the crash scene today.

Thankfully the media seem to have respected their privacy and not put cameras in their faces during this traumatic visit.

The Media have moved on, we are back to Megan, Gaza, Ukraine, Tory party/HMG, Black Friday and the rest.

Not far away a few months ago there was a similar group of 18/19 year olds' - three off in a car which piled off the road going into a slight LH bend into an immovable tree off to the right while doing considerably more than the 30mph limit mandated on that section approaching a village at around midnight. All of which led to the same terminal end result.
After the press had got the rent-a-quote from a suitable local to proclaim they and the whole village were shocked (actually no most were not, reflecting that they managed this without killing anyone else passing by which was a sorta positive) they moved on and it hardly registered in the national press bar a small mention.

The inquest into these deaths begins on Wednesday.

Fellow sleuthers is this normal that this process starts so soon? Before any funerals have taken place.
It's part of the process to release the bodies for funerals.

The Inquest

If an Inquest is to be held, it will be opened soon after the death. This allows the Coroner to give authorisation for a burial or cremation to take place.

It's part of the process to release the bodies for funerals.

The Inquest

If an Inquest is to be held, it will be opened soon after the death. This allows the Coroner to give authorisation for a burial or cremation to take place.

Thank you Richard, I’m no expert on all this I only got onto this site after the death of my best friend

Last edited:
I've stayed quiet on this one, but my brother knows Harvey Owen's mum. So very sad for all of the families involved, it's hard to begin to imagine the pain they are all feeling. Harvey's mum's cupcake shop has been receiving incredible support with record numbers of customers. I guess people want to help but don't know how, so supporting her business while she is taking a break from it is a great way to show how much they care.

'A fundraiser for the families of the boys has topped £18,000 and there have been queues out of the door at Crystal's Cupcakes, the business of Harvey's mum, Crystal Owen, as people try and show their support in their own way.'

An inquest into the deaths of four teenagers killed in a car crash has heard that all four of them drowned.
Wilf Fitchett, Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen and Hugo Morris, from the Shrewsbury area, were found in an overturned, partially submerged car in Gwynedd, north Wales.
The boys - one aged 16, two aged 17 and one aged 18 - were discovered on Tuesday, 21 November.
A search was launched after they failed to return home from a camping trip.
The opening of an inquest at Caernarfon, Gwynedd, heard post mortem examinations on all four teenagers showed the provisional cause of death to be drowning in all four cases.

Poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandabarr
Back