48 Hours Mystery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CameraShy said:
Sounds like BS to me. Is Geragos defending the Ramseys now?

LOL...good one!

There are just too many unanswered questions concerning the Ramsey's and their actions that morning. I still can't believe John ran for a political seat in the state. Lordy, too bad they didn't put as much effort in finding the killer of their daughter as they did his campaign. I still say Burke's going to get loaded in college one night, and spill his guts.

we're finally going to learn it was her uncle...

Again, nothing new. The girl, a daughter of ,I believe, a local psychiatrist was about 14 when this happened, her mother awakened to sounds in the next room , got up and thwarted the attack. I thought the guy left "saliva"? Would there not have been an effort to match this dna to the dna on Jonbenet's body? I do remember she was threatened, along the lines of "be quiet or I will bash your head in". Of course, if the BPD didn't save a swab, and test dna , then I guess there is always the chance the guy is the same perp and we will never know. Maybe something they say will clear this up.

What I hate is when news media declares "The Ramsey's are Cleared." They are not. CBS did this to lure viewers in to watch the show. When I hear Steve Thomas say "The Ramsey's are Innocent," I'll believe it. Until then, I believe what he had to say in his book.

sissi said:

from the link

Correspondent Erin Moriarty also reports that there is new evidence that JonBenet's killer, who investigators now believe was an intruder, may have tried to kill again. Her report will be broadcast on 48 Hours Mystery, Saturday at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

The other victim, investigators say, was a little girl identified as "Amy," who took dance lessons at the same school as JonBenet, and was attacked and sexually assaulted at night in her bedroom on Sept. 14, 1997.

An investigator at Denver's police crime lab for forensics says DNA found at the Ramsey murder scene came from a male who was not associated with the case, thus ruling out family members as well as a convicted sex offender in Boulder who had been mentioned as a suspect.

snip

The DNA collected from the crime scene, which appears to completely clear the Ramseys, is now being used to check out dozens of suspects who were ignored for years.

48 Hours has also learned that investigators are tracking down "people of interest" in the Ramsey case and demanding a DNA sample from their mouths.

luvbeaches said:
...I still can't believe John ran for a political seat in the state. Lordy, too bad they didn't put as much effort in finding the killer of their daughter as they did his campaign...
When the Ramseys first moved into town "full time" I thought people were eating out of their hands.

Then John's run for 105th district. LOL! He got skunked in the primary! One of my instructors the other day was mentioning how he ran into John at the store... The instructor made a comment about how it's nice that you can murder your child and still be in good social standing.

I just have to roll my eyes at the many antics of the Ramsey's, Patsy's stupid business and red hot rod car... I hope they will get sick of living the quiet life and go back to Boulder or Atlanta and leave our town alone!

Rocky said:
we're finally going to learn it was her uncle...
are u serious

and I am open to them not being the killers-its only my good friends here that give me pause-and- beofre we write this off as crazy- recall the Smart girl and her cousin- they blew this off because of ricci - turned out it was the guy- so I will keep an open mind..

TexMex said:
from the link

Correspondent Erin Moriarty also reports that there is new evidence that JonBenet's killer, who investigators now believe was an intruder, may have tried to kill again. Her report will be broadcast on 48 Hours Mystery, Saturday at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

The other victim, investigators say, was a little girl identified as "Amy," who took dance lessons at the same school as JonBenet, and was attacked and sexually assaulted at night in her bedroom on Sept. 14, 1997.

An investigator at Denver's police crime lab for forensics says DNA found at the Ramsey murder scene came from a male who was not associated with the case, thus ruling out family members as well as a convicted sex offender in Boulder who had been mentioned as a suspect.

snip

The DNA collected from the crime scene, which appears to completely clear the Ramseys, is now being used to check out dozens of suspects who were ignored for years.

48 Hours has also learned that investigators are tracking down "people of interest" in the Ramsey case and demanding a DNA sample from their mouths.

OMG..say this isn't so! Are they SAYING no one checked "suspects" dna in all of these years!!!!
The DNA collected from the crime scene, which appears to completely clear the Ramseys, is now being used to check out dozens of suspects who were ignored for years

For what it's worth, I never thought the Ramseys had anything to do with their daughter's murder. It simply doesn't fit. I'm not 100% convinced, but I think the chance is remote. Think for a moment how different the Smart case would have been if MaryKatherine hadn't seen what she did. If the Smarts had awakened and found that Elizabeth was simply gone without a trace, her father would have been accused of even more than he was in the tabloids. He would have been GUILTY in the eyes of the public. Strange things happen and truth is far stranger than fiction.

I hope the case is solved someday for the sake of JonBenet.

sissi said:
Again, nothing new. The girl, a daughter of ,I believe, a local psychiatrist was about 14 when this happened, her mother awakened to sounds in the next room , got up and thwarted the attack. I thought the guy left "saliva"? Would there not have been an effort to match this dna to the dna on Jonbenet's body? I do remember she was threatened, along the lines of "be quiet or I will bash your head in". Of course, if the BPD didn't save a swab, and test dna , then I guess there is always the chance the guy is the same perp and we will never know. Maybe something they say will clear this up.
They were apparently unable to get a DNA sample in the Dancewest case. That was in the Tracey III doc.

kimba said:
how could this have been ignored all this time?

Because the cops have "known" all along that either John and/or Patsy killed her so why investigate anyone else? That's the shame of this whole case...no actual evidence against either parent so for 8 freakin' years this was ignored. Shameful. :mad: :furious:
Karen

Finding DNA in JBR's underware proves nothing unless it was the blood or semen of the perp. The Boulder P.D found DNA in underware straight off the shelf, I dont think JBR was truely sexualy mollested that night just somone used an iplement to make it appear a sex crime took place by some perv, to cover up what really happened.We will see ,we will see.

luvbeaches said:
What I hate is when news media declares "The Ramsey's are Cleared." They are not. CBS did this to lure viewers in to watch the show. When I hear Steve Thomas say "The Ramsey's are Innocent," I'll believe it. Until then, I believe what he had to say in his book.

Given that Steve Thomas is a proven liar, you may wish to reconsider your position. Even if he weren't a proven liar, it's hardly "fair and balanced" to essentially stick with one set of "facts" you elect to believe and then conveniently discard all contrary evidence. If you even-handedly weigh ALL the evidence, you will realize an IDI.

ostealthone said:
November 2004: GEORGE W BUSH Relected PRESIDENT of the United States of America.

December 2004: Scott Peterson found GUILTY OF MURDER and sentenced to DEATH.

Soon we celebrate the birth of our SAVIOR.

I feel the presence of God.
How about:
November 2004: GEORGE W BUSH Relected PRESIDENT of the United States of America.

December 2004: Scott Peterson found GUILTY OF MURDER and sentenced to DEATH.

December 25, 2004: we celebrate the birth of our SAVIOR.

January 2005: JBR mystery finally solved: an intruder confesses.

I feel the presence of God.

TexMex said:
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041217-071205-9747r.htm

NEW YORK, NY, Dec. 17 (UPI) -- CBS News says that JonBenet Ramsey's killing has been linked to the rape of another little girl who took dance lessons at the same school in Boulder, Colo.

In a report to be broadcast Saturday night on 48 Hours Mystery, the network says that JonBenet's parents are no longer suspects.

The television show also reports that DNA from the JonBenet Ramsey killing does not match any family members or friends or a convicted sex offender who had been a suspect.

Is Tracey now exonerating Mr. X for fear of a lawsuit?

AuntieKaren said:
Because the cops have "known" all along that either John and/or Patsy killed her so why investigate anyone else? That's the shame of this whole case...no actual evidence against either parent so for 8 freakin' years this was ignored. Shameful. :mad: :furious:
Karen

We have Steve "Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire" Thomas to thank for this state of affairs. If Lou Smit hadn't PLEADED to testify before GJ to counter the RDI spin, the Ramseys would have been toast. When the intruder confesses, RDI fanatics are going to suddenly realize Alex Hunter really WAS courageous to stand up to the lynch mob mentality that permeated BPD and will credit Judge Carnes and Mary Keenan with far more intelligence than they heretofore thought possible.

Somebody who thinks that it was an intruder--- please explain the "ransom" letter and the pineapple and the Hi-Tek boot print, please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
risazrubin
Back