50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the National Enquirer idea is great. It is getting his face out to Millions of people. Everyone goes to the corner store, grocery store etc. Someone out there knows him.
They could use the headline....ALIENS ABDUCTED MAN AND ERASED HIS MEMORY THROUGH SMALL HOLE IN HIS JAW. Uh huh...it sounds like a fabulous idea. (shaking head) How many people honestly take that magazine seriously?!?!?!?! If I saw a person's photo in it...I wouldn't look twice to identify them due to the nature of the magazine and it's reputation.

They could use the headline....ALIENS ABDUCTED MAN AND ERASED HIS MEMORY THROUGH SMALL HOLE IN HIS JAW. Uh huh...it sounds like a fabulous idea. (shaking head) How many people honestly take that magazine seriously?!?!?!?! If I saw a person's photo in it...I wouldn't look twice to identify them due to the nature of the magazine and it's reputation.

I totally agree with you, SS. But, someone recently (maybe in the Maddy forum??) had mentioned that the NE was making strides at becoming more "mainstream" and honest. I guess I haven't paid much attention to NE while I've been in the checkout lately (or EVER :)) but I will see if I can find any articles pointing to the increased credibility of the NE. If nothing else it would put my mind at ease a little to know the NE isn't quite as trashy as it once was.

I guess I just don't really see the point of putting it in the NE if it's still a total fake tabloid - I mean who would see him that would think the story was real???

I've been thinking about that 20-year gap comment too, thinking maybe he went missing 20 years before he was found. I've been doing searches for people disappearing around 1984.

Also, I joined a site called wikimapia...kinda like a combination of Google Earth and Wikipedia. If you set the view to Hybrid you can see the aerial view plus the names of the roads - plus users can go in and label specific landmarks and add a description. I've been looking on there to get a better overview of the Richmond Hill area:
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=31.940072&lon=-81.309986&z=13&l=0&m=h&v=2

Who cares if people take it seriously or not. Its not like a lot of people are going to see his story and start looking for him. Its just getting his photo out to someone who might recognize him.

Who cares if people take it seriously or not. Its not like a lot of people are going to see his story and start looking for him. Its just getting his photo out to someone who might recognize him.

But what if someone does not immediately recognize him by glancing at the cover, because he may have been missing for many years and/or presumed dead. Someone in his family or friends may need to read the article and study his photos more closely.

But what if someone does not immediately recognize him by glancing at the cover, because he may have been missing for many years and/or presumed dead. Someone in his family or friends may need to read the article and study his photos more closely.

Yes that is true. But if the story isn't run at all there is no chance of anything. Of course I think it would be great for the story to be in more respected magazines, cnn, etc, but if this is all we got I will take it. 99% of the cases that we look at on here get zero coverage anywhere.

It seems to me that Mr. Kyle helped make the decision for an article to be written in the NE about himself. Mr. Kyle is an adult and by no means stupid. He is capable of making choices for himself without anyones aide. Just because he has amnesia it doesn't mean he is mentally challenged in any way and doesn't know what he is doing. He has been described as having an above average IQ. I don't think the nurse is abusing any privileges here. She isn't forcing him to do anything he doesn't want to do IMO.

It seems to me that Mr. Kyle helped make the decision for an article to be written in the NE about himself. Mr. Kyle is an adult and by no means stupid. He is capable of making choices for himself without anyones aide. Just because he has amnesia it doesn't mean he is mentally challenged in any way and doesn't know what he is doing. He has been described as having an above average IQ. I don't think the nurse is abusing any priviledges here. She isn't forcing him to do anything he doesn't want to do IMO.
Then maybe he doesn't realize what type of magazine NE has been for the past 20 years or so. You are right and I would never think of Mr. Kyle as being anything less than intelligent, of course.

However, Mr. Kyle has been unable or unwilling to come to this site to work on his case for whatever reason and has depended on the nurse to do so. We don't know he is receiving all of the information or if he is allowing her to take over for him in order for him not to deal with it...as it could prove to be too distressing for him. This could be the case and we don't know how little or much he is actively involved in finding out his identity besides searching various missing person sites and doing a couple of interviews thus far.

Benjaman was found in 2004. He isn't residing in a hospital anymore. He lives with friends. I'm sure he has most likely been to a grocery store during that time and most likely knows what NE is. I think it's a good chance for him to get some exposure.

Then maybe he doesn't realize what type of magazine NE has been for the past 20 years or so. You are right and I would never think of Mr. Kyle as being anything less than intelligent, of course.

In that case, I would hope his intelligence tells him to seek advice of people who have dealt with such cases in the past. I find it would be a bad choice of places to put his story. Hopefully, his friends...the nurses and doctors who treated him...will help steer him away from this one. : )

In that case, I would hope his intelligence tells him to seek advice of people who have dealt with such cases in the past. I find it would be a bad choice of places to put his story. Hopefully, his friends...the nurses and doctors who treated him...will help steer him away from this one. : )

Simply Ridiculous! I guess we will agree to disagree.

I wonder if the reason why they let it be in NE was because of the money from selling the story. Since he cannot hold down a job he might need financial help and hopes that this will allow people to figure out who he is.

I just hope his story is picked up by more media. What about People magazine?
We should concentrate heavily on this before it hits the newsstands in a rag mag! Let's get our letter campaign back on the legitimate news media and magazines before that possibly hits the stands or we might not get another chance. ;)

I wonder if the reason why they let it be in NE was because of the money from selling the story. Since he cannot hold down a job he might need financial help and hopes that this will allow people to figure out who he is.
Can he legally get that money since he has no SSN? It seems to me he would have to pay taxes on it as income and with no SSN...he couldn't. However, the nurse sure could if she sold it to them.

I've been searching right along with all of you and although this is probably nothing, I'm coming out of lurkdom to post this.

http://www.nola.com/forums/searching/index.ssf?artid=38738

The age, ties to Indiana and the three brothers fit to what Mr. Kyle believes he remembers. I don't know enough about post-traumatic stress and schizophrenia to know if this rules Mr. Kyle out though.

If Benjaman's nurse (or anyone) thinks it's a possible match and wants to respond to her post, feel free!

Back to searching and lurkdom. :)

I wonder if Larry Huff would have been fingerprinted when he went to Vietnam? If so, would those fingerprints be among those already checked by the FBI when they checked the databases for fingerprint matches for Benjaman Kyle?

ETA: Your post brings up a good question though. Did "Benjaman Kyle" serve in Nam? He would have been about the approximate age to have done so.

I've been searching right along with all of you and although this is probably nothing, I'm coming out of lurkdom to post this.

The age, ties to Indiana and the three brothers fit to what Mr. Kyle believes he remembers. I don't know enough about post-traumatic stress and schizophrenia to know if this rules Mr. Kyle out though.

If Benjaman's nurse (or anyone) thinks it's a possible match and wants to respond to her post, feel free!

This is certainly worth checking out! I am glad you posted it!

Don't lurk! Come join us! Welcome to WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro