50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
christine2448 said:
Me too Lion! That one I kept staring at....his nose seems thinner, but, that could happen with age...?

I think that the overall shape of that man's(far left post 197) nose does work; however, the man has more flesh and fat on his nose than Benjaman. The nose is one thing that continues to grow, albeit slowly throughout our lives. But, at the same time fat tends to decrease in our our face as we age.

Didn't Benjaman either break his nose or have an injury to his nose? If the noses were blatantly different I would say that the two noses are too dissimilar. But, I think there is enough of a resemblance to warrant looking further, especially because I think the eyes, facial structure, mouth, and the way he holds his jaw are somewhat similar to pics of Benjaman.

I think that the overall shape of that man's(far left post 197) nose does work; however, the man has more flesh and fat on his nose than Benjaman. The nose is one thing that continues to grow, albeit slowly throughout our lives. But, at the same time fat tends to decrease in our our face as we age.

Didn't Benjaman either break his nose or have an injury to his nose? If the noses were blatantly different I would say that the two noses are too dissimilar. But, I think there is enough of a resemblance to warrant looking further, especially because I think the eyes, facial structure, mouth, and the way he holds his jaw are somewhat similar to pics of Benjaman.

I have to agree I see a very strong resemblence as well. Especially in the eye area. Almost eerie. Wow! Great job Christine!

Is there anymore information about these guys on the website where you found their pictures? Do say for example, this guy was from the Class of 1973. Do we know approximately what year he would have been born??

1973BRUCEKENTMCCORMICK.jpg

I named their pictures w/name and year of graduation....

Run your mouse over the pic, right click, choose properties, will give you name and year they are showing in pic.

Some guys are shown in more than one year..so maybe higher degrees?

omg what about Him from 1968
https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECE/...e/Classes/1968/159/alter?width=140&height=204

THIS MAN is the closest to who I would expect a young composite to look like.
I am working on personal experience here.. I dated a young man 30 years ago who has MANY of the mystery man's facial features, and I recently saw him for the first time in 30 years. It was very interesting to see how he has aged, wrinkle patterns, hair pattern, etc.
His nose, chin and eyes were virtually the same.

Of course, this Purdue graduate may well be alive and well in his family and community, I hope he is.. But he looks more like BK than anyone I have seen to date.

JMO. I think we are looking for a young man who was ALWAYS thin, always a bit " rangy" looking vs "plump" or " athletic" looking, and who probably had a receeding hairline by his mid-20's.. which may or may not show up in yearbooks, depending on the age of the student, of course.

:blowkiss:
Maria

I named their pictures w/name and year of graduation....

Run your mouse over the pic, right click, choose properties, will give you name and year they are showing in pic.

Some guys are shown in more than one year..so maybe higher degrees?

Chris, straight from Purdue: they can be photographed for the year's yearbook as underclassmen in fraternity and organizational photos ( group shots). Only the Graduating Class had the formal portrait photos ( Senior, 4th year students), as well as the advanced degree students in Graduate Schools at Purdue.. depending upon the year, some are single photos, some are group shots.
Purdue has very strong Graduate programs for Engineering. I am sure they did in the 60's and 70's. These guys will be anywhere from their mid 20's to early 40's ( no joke). Many guys with a Bachelor's in Engineering went back to school at some point, not necessarily right after graduation with their Bachelor's degree, and got a Master's in a specialty area- especially Aerospace Engineering, when the Space and Aeronautical sector became a lucrative field in the late 60's forward.

Since Graduate School is so expensive, and since some, if not many Purdue students put themselves through grad. school by working and saving, or going to school part time while working, there can be a very wide range of ages seen in the Graduate School photos. I know it's confusing, but since we are looking at a living person looking for an ID and since most of the people we look at in the yearbooks will NOT be missing or UID in any way, it may be easier than we think right now. Thank goodness. :)

I have a question..... When comparing pictures, I automatically discount possibles based on the moustache. BK has a solid moustache across the upper lip. Some possibles show a gap in the moustache just under the nose. In my mind, I think that a moustache would always grow the same -the gap is a "natural" component of that particular person's moustache. How does everyone else look at the moustache? Does the moustache's particular characteristics change over time?

I'm afraid I may be discounting possibles too quickly. I looked at the picture dimples posted and I see many similarities with BK, but found myself quickly discounting it because of the moustache - which may be absolutely the wrong thing to do.

I wonder if moustache growth is on Wikipedia? I'll go look.

Salem

Side-By-Side Comparison for Bruce McCormick (from Christine's post #197) has been added to the photo thread HERE. Good eye, Christine, I think it looks a lot like him. Now we need to find out if Bruce McCormick is still around somewhere....

I am a new mbr but long time lurker here. I joined WS as this case fascinates me no end and I would love to see BK back with family and loved ones. I probably don't have a lot to contribute but one thing stood out to me that I don't think has been mentioned. The paramedics stated that he was sweaty when they picked him up. This to me means he can't have been either out in the sun or unconcious for too long prior to being found. One of the first things that happens when you have heat stroke or are severely dehydrated is you stop sweating. You can't hydrate yourself if you aren't able to drink. I know that doesn't give much of a clue to his identity but it may mean he was attacked soon before being found. The attacker could have taken his clothes to stop him making himself public and seeking help straight away. Just thinking out loud on that but maybe?

Good Observations Missellen and welcome to WS.....I agree with the Bruce McCormick comparison, does anyone have the capability to do an overlay and see how the features lineup.

I am a new mbr but long time lurker here. I joined WS as this case fascinates me no end and I would love to see BK back with family and loved ones. I probably don't have a lot to contribute but one thing stood out to me that I don't think has been mentioned. The paramedics stated that he was sweaty when they picked him up. This to me means he can't have been either out in the sun or unconcious for too long prior to being found. One of the first things that happens when you have heat stroke or are severely dehydrated is you stop sweating. You can't hydrate yourself if you aren't able to drink. I know that doesn't give much of a clue to his identity but it may mean he was attacked soon before being found. The attacker could have taken his clothes to stop him making himself public and seeking help straight away. Just thinking out loud on that but maybe?

Hiya! Welcome to WS! Don't have much to contribute??!!!!! Of course you do! Every eye, every idea is IMPORTANT. You bring up a very good point here IMO, FWIW.

For some reason I am thinking he was there some time, long enough for the sun to burn his eyes and cause cataracts? Help me out posters? Am IRC?

Thats what I had always assumed he was there for a long time unconnsious with his eyes open. Which led to his eye surgeries etc.

In reference to Bruce McCormick from Purdue, I did a search, and found a Bruce McCormick who works as a advisor for Akers Capital. There is a reference to him stating:

"Bruce McCormick is currently Director of Strategic Business Development at Intel Corporation. In this position Mr. McCormick is responsible for wireless investment strategy. Mr. McCormick's 26 years in technology management includes processor, peripheral and memory marketing management, business development and management and manufacturing experience. Mr. McCormick earned a Bachelors and Masters degree in Electrical Engineering at Purdue University and a MBA from Santa Clara University."

link: http://www.akerscapital.com/team/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member