7.0 Earthquake Hits Haiti Hospital Collapses

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm.. CNN was able to get into the airport and get supplies. Makes you wonder.
there is just so much transportation, so just much man power.
I trust that the meds and the man power that went down to Haiti is meant to help not go into storage,
at the Airport :waitasec: so CNN got some what would that mean?
I know that some was sent to the Dominican Republic where many of the wounded were sent too.
While we are siting in a warm shelter with running water and electricity, we should be greatful that humanity acted so fast.
I also don't think that anything was sent there NOT to be used, and much of what has been sent has run out and needs to be replaced.
The helping hands that are there are taking their own life at risk, with after shocks and disease....
We should pray for them and thank God they are willing to do the work, much easier to send money. JMHO

Hmm.. CNN was able to get into the airport and get supplies. Makes you wonder.

they say 125 or so flights are landing per day..there is only one runway.
they are giving priority to medical

and they have a backlog of 1400 or so wanting to land

so they are doing what they can

they say 125 or so flights are landing per day..there is only one runway.
they are giving priority to medical

and they have a backlog of 1400 or so wanting to land

so they are doing what they can

I heard today on the radio the guy reporting from there said that a
2nd airport has been opened. I will try to find link.

there is just so much transportation, so just much man power.
I trust that the meds and the man power that went down to Haiti is meant to help not go into storage,
at the Airport :waitasec: so CNN got some what would that mean?
I know that some was sent to the Dominican Republic where many of the wounded were sent too.
While we are siting in a warm shelter with running water and electricity, we should be greatful that humanity acted so fast.
I also don't think that anything was sent there NOT to be used, and much of what has been sent has run out and needs to be replaced.
The helping hands that are there are taking their own life at risk, with after shocks and disease....
We should pray for them and thank God they are willing to do the work, much easier to send money. JMHO

What it means is that there is obviously an issue with distribution and for the 100th time who said I wasn't grateful? That means other people can do it. I heard a businessman was able to get supplies as well. I am glad journalists are using any power they have as they may be more able to get supplies out.

This is again not about being grateful or the glass half full or endless negativity.
Sorry, but in my opinion, you can't leave everything up to God.
Nothing changes if nothing changes in the world. By analyzing what is going wrong we take the first step to improve.

While you have been "trusting" what the manpower/supplies are meant for, people have died every second and that seems okay with you because in your words it is "God thinning out the population". Frankly, your comments are mind boggling to me but it gives me more of a sense of where you are coming from.

Sanjay Gupta and his producer were able to get enough meds to help a whole bunch of people today.

CNN has done an unbelievable job helping in Haiti.

Disaster do-gooders can actually hinder help

Uninvited volunteers, useless donations can cost money, time — and lives

More than a week after a magnitude-7 earthquake devastated the country, disaster organizers say they’re seeing the first signs of a problem that can hinder even the most ambitious recovery efforts: good intentions gone wrong. From volunteer medical teams who show up uninvited, to stateside donors who ship boxes of unusable household goods, misdirected compassion can actually tax scarce resources, costing time, money, energy — and lives, experts say.
“Everyone wants to be a hero. Everyone wants to help,” said Dr. Thomas Kirsch, co-director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Refugee and Disaster Response. “It’s not the way to do it.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34958965/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/

Amazing pics! The Israelis sure getthings done:clap:

:) My people. Yes I am gloating......
I got the video from the Israeli consulate (my family) in my e-mail - SAYING FIRST PICTURES FROM HAITI
I knew it would be interesting.
I posted they were first there - God Bless them. :)

So did anyone notice how Sanjay Gupta went to the airport pulling a cart yesterday? He went there in person, cart in hand, so that he could personally track down antibiodics that had been offloaded from planes but had not yet been distributed to fascilities that needed them.

Since he has a badge it took him only about five minutes to get into the airport (Doctors without Borders don't have badges). He spoke to a Military man with authority about why he was there and got the word out that distribution was not happening. SG stated that everyone at the airport was most helpful. They led him to the stacked medical supplies and helped him find the basic medicines that he then personally carried back to the location that needed them to help the children.

It seems they are missing the middle men. The workforce todate is overwhelmed getting the operations in place of having planes land and offloading the supplies they carry in, stacking them in an organized fashion, etc. But before yesterday there still wasn't a system in place from that point to divide and conquer and bring the supplies where they need to go. I wonder if a representative from each location could check in with the airport officials to be sure they know where you are located, who you are, etc. In other words, where are all of the make shift hospitals situated right now? The distributors would have to know the locations, how many there are and then devise the route and system in order to deliver as the supplies become available. Maybe everyone assumes that someone else knows they are out there waiting. Where is "out there"?

The existing manpower was being used to distribute water and food which is of utmost importance to everyone. Doctor Gupta pointed out that the supplies were there for the asking but no one had gone there to ask for them and, without a badge (clearance), one can't walk into the secure area of the airport.

Good thinking Doctor Gupta and now after you perform surgery, you can run over to the airport, collect and distribute antiobiotics and other medicines, give your on air report along with AC, maybe catch a few winks, perform more surgery - Bless you Sanjay Gupta, an American Hero.

If you want something done right, do it yourself. Benjamin Franklin?

Rome wasn't build in a day. ?

Get your facts first, and then you can distort 'em as you please. (Mark Twain)

The usual fortune of complaint is to excite contempt more than pity. (Samuel Johnson)

We must be patient: but I cannot choose but weep, to think they should lay him i' the cold ground. Hamlet

I stepped away from this thread the other day because it was becoming too heated. I come back, and people are still at each other. What's the deal?

Seriously, reading some of the posts, they have nothing to do with the horrible earthquake that killed over 200,000 and left 1.5 million homeless while many loot (some geting killed while looting) to eat,drink,get toothpaste to rub on their nostrels to get rid of the smell of death,and have some stinking candles. Woaahh. My bad. I guess to some, there is the belief that this horrible atrocity doesnt matter because the Haitians talk smack about us or because or race, religion, political views. Hey lets not get involved because we don't like them, they're funny looking, or not to our stature, etc. Pleaseee. Doesnt this sound stupid?

People, I cant stop crying everytime I think about the lives that where lost, the families torn asunder, the small orphans. The small orphans and other children who will have nightmeres for much of their lives because of the homes that they knew and families they had are now gone and in their place are piles upon piles of dead bodies laying in the streets where the children play. Can you imagine the smell 9 days later? Can you fathom the fear instilled in the people of Haiti, afraid to go inside, frearful if they rebuild the earth will shake again?

To those who think they should help only a certain group of people because of their countries beliefs or ethnenticity, I say wake up. this is a new world where people are members of the human race and God would not cause the deaths of 200,000 to thin out the human race..so quit talking smack so we can get back to the topic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back