8 Mitigating Factors Proffered by Def Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought mitigating factors were to show that a person had something to contribute to the world. I think these mitigating factors look like JA wrote them up herself. They are juvenile fantasy.

1. Age = 27 ………………………………...........motive: biological clock was ticking and Travis wasn't going to marry her. Was close to being "too old" for the other good Mormon males to be interested.
2. Lack of Criminal History………………………Growing pot. Animal abuse. Perjury. Stalking.
3. A Good Friend …………………………………Until you piss her off or she upgrades.
4. Lacked Support from Family……………..….Not true. She only wanted family when she needed them.
5a. Suffered Abuse & Neglect as Child ……….oh please. She got hit with a wooden spoon. IMO she wasn't hit enough.
5b. Suffered Abuse & Neglect as Adult ……….. Says Jodi and only Jodi.
6. Tried to Make the Best of her Life …………In what way? Trying a new religion for each BF? Tried to be a sex goddess? Tried to see 1000 places before she died on someone else's dime?
7. Consistently Tried to Improve Herself………the only thing I can see is that she got her GED and breast implants.
8. Talented Artist ……………………… I won't say she has NO talent. It's just not of a level that the world would miss.

Based on the interview she gave after the verdict she still doesn't get it. Only her fan club believes she was a victim. She just continues to make herself look worse by spitting out more hatred of TA and Juan. If she had any proof to back up any of her claims the trial would have been a good time to bring it up. All she has is lies and innuendo, no substance. I think her scheduled statement will remove any chance she might have had at LWOP.
perfect.

Question to those who desire the death penalty for Jodi (It doesn't matter to me whether she gets the dp or lwop): Suppose Jodi stood up tomorrow and told the entire truth about how she murdered Travis and then apologized the family for her egregious actions including painting Travis out to be a sexual deviant. Would you still want her to receive the death penalty or would you find her honesty, finally, to be a redeeming quality to receive lwop?

Travis is gone and can not be brought back....Her actions yell for the DP regardless what she says

WEBSLEUTHS!

Thank you for True Crime Radio. Thank you.

Being able to listen to past recordings of people discussing this case is just excellent.

Thank you again

She does think of herself as a professional photographer. In fact, she listed herself on linkedin as an "Independent Photography Professional"

She can think whatever she wants of herself. Fact is she was a waitress. Nothing wrong with being a waitress, but that is what she was. Now she is a convicted murderer.

There's been so much talk about JA as an artist and photographer before Travis' death.

Has there ever been MSM reports of her actually making any $$ from either? Any social media posts? Facebook? MySpace?

Ok, she photographed a friend's wedding. Paying gig?
Any other weddings or events? PPL events?

Before Travis' death, any art or photos sold, in local art galleries, in gift shops, in floral shops, in restaurants where she worked?

Any reports of her work displayed or exhibited anytime, anywhere?

--------------------------------------------------------------
ETA:
I'm an artist too. If you want to see my work, just check at Red Robin Burgers or Macaroni Grill.
That is, you can see it if they have not yet cleared our dishes, silverware, crayons, and butcher paper off the table where I ate. LOL

IMO, she has zero mitigating factors - KN states that because she was 27, that is supposed to make a diff? She is being tried as an adult - It doesn't matter if she was 23, 24, 27, 28, well, you know.

As for the no priors claim - She has been found guilty of Premeditated Murder in an extremely cruel way. Example: It isn't as if she is going to get leniency for her first DUI because she didn't have any prior to this charge...

I've already made my points on the non-support from family...

See y'all in Court tomorrow!

What was the RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION of
---Jodi's Family Of Origin (Thx for FOO phrase, ALV);
---Jodi, when moved out of FOO's household?
---Jodi, when living w. D.Brewer?

IIRC,
--in trial Jodi referenced non-denominational Christian religion, when she told story about her serving diner, older man w. Bible, then using that as reason to re-connect w. Bobby J, vampire hunter.(Not clear whether she was non-denom as well)
-- someone on this or other forum, said FOO was Catholic.

Any link, or anyone recall clearly what religion, if any, was claimed at trial (pre-LDS)?

Number 6 states trying to better herself...I recall Nurmi saying something about how she joined the Mormon church..who here agrees that if Travis was Muslim she would be wearing a burka right now?

Yah, I remember her saying she's no longer a practicing Mormon because she doesn't have access to their church services.

It's always someone else's fault FGS.

I don't believe she was EVER Mormon. She's just a chameleon who tries to mold herself to whomever she's around.

:banghead:

MOO

Mel

In the guilt phase, Def team's questions elicited from Jodi info about her conversion to LDS. it was all because of Travis being a LDS elder (terminology? big-wheel equivalent in church), how he pressured her, overpowered her emotionally, so she converted quickly, almost as if it were against her will, the meek, mild, little thing that she was
Okaaaaay.

Now in the penalty phase, Def says JA's conversion was to improve herself, to make her life better, etc., so it's a mit/factor.

I semi-interpreted that as Nurmi saying JA --
--ditched her old religion beliefs and
-- converted to this new, improved, better, more upscale version of religion (by becoming an LDS member).

Kinda like:
--no more shopping at the Dollar Store and instead being pampered at NeimanMarcus, or
--abandoning an old Pinto or Maverick and cruising around in a Ferrari.

Listened and watched to his op/stmt again, and he did not say that, but
it struck me that way. Just my imagination? Or did anybody else get that vibe?

If she had bn Catholic (or non-denominational Christian, or?) before, seems to insult them as the religion for unimproved people who do not want to better their lives. I wonder if some jurors might be offended.

Maybe nothing came out at trial about her forner religious affiliation.
No offense intended pls, to anyone's religious beliefs here.

Someone posted that if Travis had been Muslim, JA would have donned a bhurka. I'm inclined to agree.

In the guilt phase, Def team's questions elicited from Jodi info about her conversion to LDS. it was all because of Travis being a LDS elder (terminology? big-wheel equivalent in church), how he pressured her, overpowered her emotionally, so she converted quickly, almost as if it were against her will, the meek, mild, little thing that she was
Okaaaaay.

Now in the penalty phase, Def says JA's conversion was to improve herself, to make her life better, etc., so it's a mit/factor.

I semi-interpreted that as Nurmi saying JA --
--ditched her old religion beliefs and
-- converted to this new, improved, better, more upscale version of religion (by becoming an LDS member).

Kinda like:
--no more shopping at the Dollar Store and instead being pampered at NeimanMarcus, or
--abandoning an old Pinto or Maverick and cruising around in a Ferrari.

Listened and watched to his op/stmt again, and he did not say that, but
it struck me that way. Just my imagination? Or did anybody else get that vibe?

If she had bn Catholic (or non-denominational Christian, or?) before, seems to insult them as the religion for unimproved people who do not want to better their lives. I wonder if some jurors might be offended.

Maybe nothing came out at trial about her forner religious affiliation.
No offense intended pls, to anyone's religious beliefs here.

Someone posted that if Travis had been Muslim, JA would have donned a bhurka. I'm inclined to agree.

I believe she simply "dabbled" in religion, based upon her current male targets interests. I really think she considered herself "enlightened and open minded" in an arrogant kind of way.

I don't believe she has any honest faith or beliefs because she has NO remorse for what she did but will eventually "find God" in prison because only by "using" God or religion will she be able to fake whatever new persona she will adopt.

Now I don't believe she will really find God but rather will fake it to gain attention or to claim remorse or whatever her new scam will be.

IIRC,
--in trial Jodi referenced non-denominational Christian religion, when she told story about her serving diner, older man w. Bible, then using that as reason to re-connect w. Bobby J, vampire hunter.(Not clear whether she was non-denom as well)

Any link, or anyone recall clearly what religion, if any, was claimed at trial (pre-LDS)?

Why bring Religion into this? Not a Mitigating Factor... Edit: And then I respond to SwampMama about Religion.....

I believe she simply "dabbled" in religion, based upon her current male targets interests. I really think she considered herself "enlightened and open minded" in an arrogant kind of way.

I don't believe she has any honest faith or beliefs because she has NO remorse for what she did but will eventually "find God" in prison because only by "using" God or religion will she be able to fake whatever new persona she will adopt.

Now I don't believe she will really find God but rather will fake it to gain attention or to claim remorse or whatever her new scam will be.

That's right - Remember Dr. DeMarte's testimony on how CMA molded whatever to meet her needs. Same thing here - she only joined LDS to get closer to Travis. JMO

Jodi is busted scamming folks about the t shirts she is selling. The shelter asked her site to remove any mention of their organization and for Jodi to cease claiming an affiliation. Rather they say if anyone wants to donate to them, please do so, directly. She better not mention this charity work or JM will eat her for lunch.

http://t.co/2ezyfEuXtf

Do you think today is the final day? Is court scheduled to go to four thirty Arizona time?

Donald Trump doesn't buy any of her mitigating ...he says she deserves the death penalty. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/19/jodi-arias-donald-trump-death-penalty Considering she had a gun and knives in her car when she was arrested, I assume she was on her way to kill someone else. I concur with DT, she deserves the death penalty. I know the jury is going to decide that way as well. Justice for Travis!

Question to those who desire the death penalty for Jodi (It doesn't matter to me whether she gets the dp or lwop): Suppose Jodi stood up tomorrow and told the entire truth about how she murdered Travis and then apologized the family for her egregious actions including painting Travis out to be a sexual deviant. Would you still want her to receive the death penalty or would you find her honesty, finally, to be a redeeming quality to receive lwop?

Too late, any remorse shown now would be suspect and I honestly don't think she has any at all so I still think she should get Death penalty and the sooner the better.

IIRC,

Hahaha. I read "non denom" as "non demon".

Yah, I remember her saying she's no longer a practicing Mormon because she doesn't have access to their church services. It's always someone else's fault FGS.

I don't believe she was EVER Mormon. She's just a chameleon who tries to mold herself to whomever she's around.

:banghead:

MOO

Mel
i agree completely, but i think it runs even deeper than this, i think she was uncomfortable with her "latina" appearance, felt it was a liability, wanted instead to appear more anglo, and be accepted as anglo. clearly many women choose to go the blonde route, but in ja's case i think it had more to do with an attempt to mask her ethnicity than anything else, same goes for the light-colored contact lenses she can be seen sporting in some photos. moreover i don't think she was particularly proud of being from yreka and i get the distinct impression that she wasn't particularly proud of her parents/relatives either. most likely thought they cramped her style (and gave away her act). a lovely piece of work she is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back