8 Mitigating Factors Proffered by Def Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question to those who desire the death penalty for Jodi (It doesn't matter to me whether she gets the dp or lwop): Suppose Jodi stood up tomorrow and told the entire truth about how she murdered Travis and then apologized the family for her egregious actions including painting Travis out to be a sexual deviant. Would you still want her to receive the death penalty or would you find her honesty, finally, to be a redeeming quality to receive lwop?

first of all, how would we know she's telling the entire truth, since she's told 3 stories already and claimed ALL of them were true?
second, why would she do this against her own self interest? she has appeals to file, so she will not admit to what she did here. if she admitted her guilt----not as a DV victim, but as a murderer----it could be used against her if she ever gets a new trial. so why would she do that?

i expect her to talk about her life, her aspirations, etc., from before she murdered TA. also, her generosity to other inmates and her interest in helping DV victims----all BS, but i think she may talk about it. that's really all i expect her to say.

first of all, how would we know she's telling the entire truth, since she's told 3 stories already and claimed ALL of them were true?
second, why would she do this against her own self interest? she has appeals to file, so she will not admit to what she did here. if she admitted her guilt----not as a DV victim, but as a murderer----it could be used against her if she ever gets a new trial. so why would she do that?

i expect her to talk about her life, her aspirations, etc., from before she murdered TA. also, her generosity to other inmates and her interest in helping DV victims----all BS, but i think she may talk about it. that's really all i expect her to say.

Let's just say that she is taking complete responsibility for the murder. She admits that Travis never hit her--ever. She tells where the gun was discarded etc...and we know she is being truthful because it all makes complete sense. She ends her statement with she can't change anything but the least she can do is tell the family the truth for what its worth.

Question to those who desire the death penalty for Jodi (It doesn't matter to me whether she gets the dp or lwop): Suppose Jodi stood up tomorrow and told the entire truth about how she murdered Travis and then apologized the family for her egregious actions including painting Travis out to be a sexual deviant. Would you still want her to receive the death penalty or would you find her honesty, finally, to be a redeeming quality to receive lwop?

I firmly believe in the DP in cases such as this because she is literally (imo) a waste of depleting resources.

That those $$ and put it into early childhood development programs. For me it's the only 'benefit' she can payback to society.

Absolutely, yes I want her to receive the death penalty in the name of the Grandmother, whose life she effectively ended too, in the name of Steven and all that he has suffered, and the fact that all of the siblings have likely had same PTSD and will suffer for YEARS over it, for all of the nieces and nephews of Travis, like Steven's little girl who are suffering because their is no joy in their parents to share with them. Damn straight, I want the death penalty. I couldn't care if she got up there, saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Ghost, and testified speaking in tongues.

Here is Dave, Amen! Dave Hall Leaving Courtroom After Jodi Arias Verdict - YouTube

Jodi Arias Trial - Travis's Friends React To the Guilty Verdict - Livestream link - YouTube

She will get the death penalty. And, friend, she will deserve it. In the words of Dave Hall, Travis' very dear friend, "If what Jodi Arias did to Travis Alexander does not qualify for the death penalty in America, then we need to abolish it."
Someone said on twitter, man's law....God's judgment. I have no problem with helping her stand in front of him to learn of it sooner rather than later. I concur!

Absolutely, yes I want her to receive the death penalty in the name of the Grandmother, whose life she effectively ended too, in the name of Steven and all that he has suffered, and the fact that all of the siblings have likely had same PTSD and will suffer for YEARS over it, for all of the nieces and nephews of Travis, like Steven's little girl who are suffering because their is no joy in their parents to share with them. Damn straight, I want the death penalty. I couldn't care if she got up there, saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Ghost, and testified speaking in tongues.

She will get the death penalty. http://t.co/9rv5XVw12T And, friend, she will deserve it. In the words of Dave Hall, Travis' very dear friend, "If what Jodi Arias did to Travis Alexander does not qualify for the death penalty in America, then we need to abolish it."
Someone said on twitter, man's law....God's judgment. I have no problem with helping her stand in front of him to learn of it sooner rather than later. I concur!

No mercy for her even if she tellls the truth saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues? Dang. I would never want anybody that angry with me...lol

I want to know who the defense is fighting to keep from giving a statement? Chris or Sky Hughes would be powerful! They just know how to bring Travis to life for an audience, and it would be the only thing the jury would need to give her the DP.

Let's just say that she is taking complete responsibility for the murder. She admits that Travis never hit her--ever. She tells where the gun was discarded etc...and we know she is being truthful because it all makes complete sense. She ends her statement with she can't change anything but the least she can do is tell the family the truth for what its worth.

jodi arias would never do this. so what's the point discussing it? if she were not the very sick puppy she is, she would have done just this YEARS ago. instead, she's spent 5 years and made up 3 stories in an attempt to get away with murder. the person you're talking about showing contrition and coming clean is NOT this convicted killer.

If she speaks for herself - as KN already told the jury she would, my guess is that she will be contrite and self serving, but as usual, unaware of how she comes across. She won't recant her BS since she's much to concerned with how she is seen by others (and imo she's really enjoying this damsel turned martyr persona she has created for herself)

I expect to see a lot of "I can understand how you'd think..." - her way of telling the jury they got it wrong, but she isn't holding it against them. It will be condescending, and the jury won't appreciate it.

It wouldn't matter to me what she says. It's too late for apologies, that would be self serving, not genuine.
Let the punishment fit the crime!

jodi arias would never do this. so what's the point discussing it? if she were not the very sick puppy she is, she would have done just this YEARS ago. instead, she's spent 5 years and made up 3 stories in an attempttto get away with murder. the person you're talking about showing contrition and coming clean is NOT this convicted killer.

Jodi would never do this? It could happen...

The Psychology Today article reassures those of us armed only with common wisdom, that artistry or pretensions of artistry do not redeem vicious acts of murder. That those who commit them, "artistic" or not, do go on to murder again. Thank you ChinaBlue and the Sleuth who posted that article up thread. Thanks also to the several Sleuths who located the ads that Falsity traced and calls her art work. That took some digging & gives valuable insight into yet another masquerade. We could see this was no Monet, in fact was cartoon in style, but you got to the bottom of it.

Aside from all of our deconstruction, this whole presentation of "my talent as mitigation" strikes me as unfit and insulting, given the nature of her crime, i.e., what she did to the victim and later, to his memory. Glam pix of female models and icons have no relevance to this murder and are, in fact, an outrage. Very like Falsity belting out songs alone in the interrogation room. I mean, WHAT!? I wll say, however, that it is very much in keeping with the Arias m.o. of forcing herself on one and all.

No mercy for her even if she tellls the truth saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues? Dang. I would never want anybody that angry with me...lol

Not to worry friend,
she would be faking it all, and you will never find yourself having committed a brutal murder.

Re defendant speaking and/or addressing her m. factors: Wouldn't remorse indicate that everything she maintained as truth was a lie? Once she apologizes for killing Travis, wouldn't that be the equivalent of admitting guilt? Do we really think she's capable of retracting her entire story?
Oh, how I wish SOMEONE in her life (besides Juan Martinez) like the Fox interviewer for instance would say, "No, we don't believe you. You're lying. It's been proven you're lying. Now, would you like to tell us the whole story from the beginning?"
That entire tangled web she wove has been deconstructed.
It's unfortunate that once you start lying and it's been proven you're lying (like the ME report to begin with), your atty's or the Judge can't say "No, no one can defend you until you tell the truth. The proof is in the pudding and until you can concoct a story that matches the evidence, you're indefensible."

Jodi would never do this? It could happen...
I'll be a blue nosed gauntlet before the CM has a complete turnaround on everything she's said over the past 5 years. Even in her post verdict the CM still threw out ridiculous and new allegations.

Apart from all that, even *if* she did admit everything including what she'd done that made Travis so angry, it would sink her for premeditation. Not Going To Happen. The CM has nothing to lose.

Nothing surprises me about this case. The way I see it is even if she fessed up to everything the only real punishment would be the DP. Too many people have suffered grief and Travis' grandmother died from the trauma of it all.

When she was arrested she had several knifes and a gun in her recent rental car- she could have been heading to another crime- she could never be trusted not even behind bars- DP.

CMJA is one of the very few criminals I am OK with getting the DP and this scenario wouldn't change it. You couldn't take her word for it and even hypothetically if we just knew her words to be true it doesn't negate in any what she did.

Does anyone know if Jodi can trash Travis all over again when she takes the stand? Is she allowed to talk about her fake abuse and the fake pedophilia all over again?

I can't imagine how hard it is for Travis's family to listen to these lies in court, as well as not being able to react, but I hope they know that nobody believes JA except possibly parole or two she has wrapped around her finger. The world has seen who Travis is and it's a good man.

Now that I have written all that out, I'm not sure I actually have much of a point. I think Jodi was abused by someone as a child, and that her family support might have been lacking at some time in the past, but it in no way mitigates the unspeakable crime she committed. (Although it may, as the DT are hoping,go towards mitigating her responsibity insomuch that her penalty is not the DP- penny dropping moment here folks, is this what they are actually contending?)

BBM (finally figured out what that meant!) - The only problem I see with this theory is if someone did abuse her, JA would have already dragged them out and hung them out to dry. I do wonder if her perceived lack of support is just a chicken or the egg type of thing. Did she ever go to her parents for support? Maybe they were supportive in a way that didn't work or suit her budding personality disorder. She could have felt no support and pushed back, causing the parents to retreat.

I can see how anyone close to JA's real personality could have been a little scared of her. I thought this was an interesting take on the interrogation video with SA.

So telling they cannot find one real redeeming and mitigating factor for JA.

She will never say she is sorry. Want to redeem maybe just a sliver of yourself? Get up there, ask for the DP and say you will halt any future appeals.

But then again, like that will ever happen. I see her going out with a bang of crazy, with one last chance to throw as many more people under the bus that she can. Good riddance I say

Considering everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie, who would believe her? She could apologize until she is blue in the face. It's too late for saying sorry.

I for one cannot find one redeeming quality to change my mind about her getting the DP. The punishment, while still not harsh enough, fits this crime.

The autopsy pics tell me everything I need to know to be content with her getting the DP

I, like you, don't care if she gets the death penalty as long as she stays in prison. But I don't think remorse at this point could ever make up for the fact that she premeditated this for weeks and had hours and hours and miles and miles while she drove across the desert to change her mind. She wanted him dead at all costs. IMO there are NO mitigating factors because of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back