8 Mitigating Factors Proffered by Def Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no idea why the jury would consider LWP. I know that Parole is no longer offered in this state in these kinds of cases, don't know about Arizona.

She is most certainly of future danger. No one does what she did, as much as she did, and without any *real* reason for it. By that I mean they were married for years and he was torturing her, trying to kill her, torturing children, ect... for many years. Even then this was too much rage/curiosity on her part. Nothing, and I mean nothing, warranted what she did is this situation.

If she gets life, I expect her to try again. She will cause harm when she does not get her way, imo.

I'm coming into this late, but is the defence really claiming that age 27 was too young to know better? I wish I'd known that when I was in my late 20s; I could have got away with a lot more than I did.

I hear ya'. That means all those gang members around here killing people for higher rank are safe to keep on killing and never face jail time.

I do believe the intention of that statement was she was not quite mature yet. Heck, I've met people in their late 60's that are not quite mature yet, they never will be. Can they murder and get away with it too? Maturity is no excuse for murder.

Would the loan, (for the house), have been organised before or after the subprime crash?

Not that I think it makes much difference, or is an incredibly important mitigating factore, but I think it most likely that Jodi was in fact sexually abused as a child. ( I was, and feel catagorically confident in saying it is no excuse, nothing like it)

Also, on the family support side, sometimes families may offer "support", which, for whatever reason isn't appropriate, helpful, whatever. (Don't we all have those family members? Now while I'm airing dirty linen, I could tell you about one of my sisters who drinks way too much, is a drama queen, and an expert at the revision of history. I do love her dearly, but, during some very dark days in my life many years ago she was anything but supportive, although she would claim the opposite)

There seems to be a lack of connection between Jodi and her family, going back to her being a teenager, that was never solved. Jodi can only be described as completely needy, I wonder why she didn't lean on her folks more? ( I know they thought her different/difficult or whatever, but she wasn't a murderer back then. She was their daughter/sister/neice.If she had had that support, percieved she did at least, well would things have been different?
(I know she might have just been a spoil brat, rejecting the support that was offerred, but, o lor, she was so needy, why didn't SHE need them more?)
Her poor parents, I know, impossible to put yourself in their situation, but, well, the smiling in court, the ribbon wearing, the letters etc. Just doesn't seem quite right.

I found the journal evidence very uncomfortable, because I was once in an abusive marriage, and kept a diary, and didn't write a thing about the abuse in it. Don't tell, don't say, and NEVER write it down is what I learnt as a child.(I knew anyhow, of course I did, I remembered what happened after that picnic so lovingly described in the diary etc) I do not think Travis did abuse Jodi. I think it wasn't written because it didn't happen, but journal keeping is not a science, and we are all complicated critters.

Now that I have written all that out, I'm not sure I actually have much of a point. I think Jodi was abused by someone as a child, and that her family support might have been lacking at some time in the past, but it in no way mitigates the unspeakable crime she committed. (Although it may, as the DT are hoping,go towards mitigating her responsibity insomuch that her penalty is not the DP- penny dropping moment here folks, is this what they are actually contending?)

That call came from someone in Mesa because of this line: ..

call me in the middle of the night. He even called a hotline for bipolar people and said that JA is bipolar and she needs help that's why we talked her into coming back up here so we could get her some help and she could be around family

I wonder if it was Travis too, or the girl and guy Jodi was living with in Mesa, you know the ones that got 'married' over the weekend, so she had to move out (LOL).

The fact that nobody has come forward and claimed ownership makes me think it WAS Travis, he had their number as he threatened to call them in the last text exchange, and he certainly had cause.

BBM

It may not have been Travis, Yreka is in northern California it could have been anyone south. For example it could have been Brewer when they lived in Palm Desert.

Be of good faith today friends, the jury is not going to let that family down now at third base. They found her guilty. It was unanimous, MURDER ONE , PREMEDITATED. Then the found that especially cruel because the victim suffered extreme pain or anguish, PROVEN. They are going to give her the death penalty and give the Alexander siblings the justice they deserve.
Here is Chris Hughes saying seven out of seven siblings want the death penalty.
The jury is going all the way. Know that and have a great Sunday with your families in a live out loud happy way that would make Travis proud. Hugs! http://t.co/IBpiJZPs13

Does anyone know if Jodi can trash Travis all over again when she takes the stand? Is she allowed to talk about her fake abuse and the fake pedophilia all over again?

I'm coming into this late, but is the defence really claiming that age 27 was too young to know better? I wish I'd known that when I was in my late 20s; I could have got away with a lot more than I did.

I was thinking that it means they're saying she made it to age 27 without committing a crime. But I don't know.

I'm sure this has been brought up. But why did the DT say she's a talented artist, yet failed to say she's a talented photographer?

Remember Nurmi referring to CMA as "a girl" Thursday? He also said that the jurors would see who she was as a person "before 2006" and "before she met Travis" as if that is who she really is and became a "changed" person if you will after she met Travis.

Start at about 21:34 in this video:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195462&page=60

LOL --

BBM. Baez pulled that one too -- but I think he went as far as to call CA a child. We chuckled and said "let's wait and see if he's going to call her a toddler".

Bother are adult women -- can't change that fact.

Carry on....

Mel

I'm sure this has been brought up. But why did the DT say she's a talented artist, yet failed to say she's a talented photographer?

Probably because the talented photographer was stupid enough to take photos of herself murdering Travis. It might be best to leave the reference to photographs out altogether.....

Does anyone know if Jodi can trash Travis all over again when she takes the stand? Is she allowed to talk about her fake abuse and the fake pedophilia all over again?

If she does I hope someone starts booing her or does a slow handclap...

I am at a loss over her being 27 is a mitigating factor. I hope Juan exposes her "art" for the traced copyright infringement it is. I am fascinated by the fact she thinks she has anything to say that the jury wants to hear. I would imagine KN and JW have advised her not to speak since the jury sent a clear message they don't believe her. But CKJA just can't help herself.

I am at a loss over her being 27 is a mitigating factor. I hope Juan exposes her "art" for the traced copyright infringement it is. I am fascinated by the fact she thinks she has anything to say that the jury wants to hear. I would imagine KN and JW have advised her not to speak since the jury sent a clear message they don't believe her. But CKJA just can't help herself.

I'm not sure Juan has any way of knowing which pieces she'll show to the jury, but wouldn't it be cool if he shows them the Hat/Dior Cowboy/Guess knockoff crap side-by-side? She's dishonest about every. last. thing.

BBM

It may not have been Travis, Yreka is in northern California it could have been anyone south. For example it could have been Brewer when they lived in Palm Desert.

IIRC in her first interview with Det. Flores, JA described a scene where she and a prior bf were arguing, and she tried to leave but he blocked her car with his because he was afraid she'd hurt herself (or others). I think it was DB, because she described him as usually very calm but on this occasion he made a motion with his outstretched hands that he'd never made before.

If she speaks for herself - as KN already told the jury she would, my guess is that she will be contrite and self serving, but as usual, unaware of how she comes across. She won't recant her BS since she's much to concerned with how she is seen by others (and imo she's really enjoying this damsel turned martyr persona she has created for herself)

I expect to see a lot of "I can understand how you'd think..." - her way of telling the jury they got it wrong, but she isn't holding it against them. It will be condescending, and the jury won't appreciate it.

Question to those who desire the death penalty for Jodi (It doesn't matter to me whether she gets the dp or lwop): Suppose Jodi stood up tomorrow and told the entire truth about how she murdered Travis and then apologized the family for her egregious actions including painting Travis out to be a sexual deviant. Would you still want her to receive the death penalty or would you find her honesty, finally, to be a redeeming quality to receive lwop?

Juan Martinez pointed out to the jury that she has committed crimes, such as lying under oath. The gas cans, and those lies is part of the trial and something they can consider when deciding to dismiss ANYTHING she may say tomorrow.

https://t.co/PYN591mURA

Question to those who desire the death penalty for Jodi (It doesn't matter to me whether she gets the dp or lwop): Suppose Jodi stood up tomorrow and told the entire truth about how she murdered Travis and then apologized the family for her egregious actions including painting Travis out to be a sexual deviant. Would you still want her to receive the death penalty or would you find her honesty, finally, to be a redeeming quality to receive lwop?

They might have mercy on her but how would you know it wasn't yet another made up story- she would have to give the location of the gun, clothes and knife in my opinion- It might make a difference in the verdict, who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back