8 Mitigating Factors Proffered by Def Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*** ALL ARTWORK IS SOLD ***
Thank you for your ongoing support!

SJ
Team Jodi

i agree completely, but i think it runs even deeper than this, i think she was uncomfortable with her "latina" appearance, felt it was a liability, wanted instead to appear more anglo, and be accepted as anglo. clearly many women choose to go the blonde route, but in ja's case i think it had more to do with an attempt to mask her ethnicity than anything else, same goes for the light-colored contact lenses she can be seen sporting in some photos. moreover i don't think she was particularly proud of being from yreka and i get the distinct impression that she wasn't particularly proud of her parents/relatives either. most likely thought they cramped her style (and gave away her act). a lovely piece of work she is.

It appears Jodi did not think her family was sophisticated enough for her lifestyle. In her mind, she deserved better than what she was "stuck" with. They were honest, hard-working people but this was not good enough for her. Yet it was her mother Jodi turned to when she was out of money and no one else would help her out.

In the guilt phaseit was all because of Travis being a LDS elder (terminology? big-wheel equivalent in church)

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but a Mormon "Elder" is any boy over the age of 18 who is endowed with the priesthood (a commonplace thing, most boys have the priesthood soon after they turn 18). The young missionaries you see out on their bikes are all "Elders". That's what they call them. It does not suggest or connote that the person is in any way a big wheel, it's just typical Mormon grandiosity designed to flatter the holder of the title into staying in the church and not asking too many questions. It's like the missions, they rarely convert people for real, the mission is all about cementing the missionary's own faith.

<mod snip>

(not a Mormon or an ex-Mormon, but living in Arizona surrounded by them has prompted me to learn a lot about it through sheer curiosity).

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING Jodi Arias, or anyone on her behalf can do at this point, to change her fate. She will get the death penalty. The jury has already decided she qualifies for it, when they voted PROVEN to the fact that the premeditated murder was especially cruel. They are ready.

http://youtu.be/iYnKsdK50c0

Did I hear that correctly....Good Morning America reported today that Patty dropped out as being a witness for Jodi Arias? If yes, I guess even best friend cannot find mitigation factor, WOW:floorlaugh:

I agree with a previous post that these mitigating factors do seem juvenile. Yes, I totally think CMja came up with them or had a huge part in them. And she is relying on a former friend she probably hasn't had contact with for several years & an ex boyfriend who wasn't real credible the first time around? No family members, members of the community, former co-workers, church members, etc. You see where I am going with this. Exactly what did she contribute to society? How about any prior history of charitable contributions, volunteering of her time to help improve the community, donations of artwork/photography for organizations, or any causes she supported before?
After she joined the Mormon church, how much charitable work was she involved in for the church? Did she really try to be a good Mormon, did she even really attempt to follow the teachings/beliefs? I am not a Mormon but I know the answer to this.

Also, since she is claiming childhood abuse....Where are the family members who will confirm this? If it affected her in such a way that it could be considered as a mitigating factor, shouldn't she at least provide proof that the effects of said abuse required some kind of of treatment? According to what her experts want you to believe, her diagnosis of PTSD was only due to her murdering Travis. It wasn't related to any childhood abuse/trauma. IMO, she received discipline as a child like millions of other children & it goes no further than that. And the only abuse as an adult is also only based on her word alone. There is no proof anywhere. Did she seek medical treatment for any injuries, mental health treatment, etc. No, she did not.

IDK, I can't imagine the DT really believing any of this is going to help CMja. IMHO, it's very obvious throughout her life, she was concerned primarily with herself & not much else. She did not attempt to continue her education, jumped around from job to job, let others provide a roof over her head, & took advantage of others to continue to live the lifestyle she felt entitled to. There is nothing in her character prior to committing this murder that can possibly be used as a mitigating factor. That speaks volumes for me.

Did I hear that correctly....Good Morning America reported today that Patty dropped out as being a witness for Jodi Arias? If yes, I guess even best friend cannot find mitigation factor, WOW:floorlaugh:

That doesn't really surprise me. So all she has now is DB? Wow, that will say a lot to the jury just in itself.

Skye Hughes is correct...For the first time in her life, Jodi has to face consequences. She thinks she can still manipulate people...the mitigating factors one more manipulation..she does not comprehend how others see her. Her view of the world is though her lense.

Brother not speaking for Jodi, except blowing her out of the water , telling public that Jodi tape recorded sex tape to send to Travis' Mormon girlfriends.

BROTHER Joey stated #jodiarias Recorded May 10, 2008 SEX CALL to send to OTHER potential GF of Travis = FACT http://t.co/EnQWpzV2hQ
credit: , researcher

8 Mitigating Factors Proffered by Defense Team
(copied ~verbatim from jury instructions in penalty phase May 17, except that fifth factor is split in 2 factors)

For anyone who wants to see & hear, Nurmi's opening stmt where he discusses these 8 mit/factors.
Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 1 - Part 1 - YouTube

1. Age = 27 ………………………………...........
2. Lack of Criminal History………………………
3. A Good Friend …………………………………
4. Lacked Support from Family……………..….
5a. Suffered Abuse & Neglect as Child ……….
5b. Suffered Abuse & Neglect as Adult ………..
6. Tried to Make the Best of her Life …………
7. Consistently Tried to Improve Herself………
8. Talented Artist ………………………………..

The AZ statute re Mitigating circumstances 13-571(G)
http://www.azcourts.gov/ccsguide/MitigatingCircumstances.aspx

Planning to make a series of posts, each with one claimed mitigating factor and
--- notes of comments from azcourts.gov website discussing that factor in the statute;
--- some evidence the Def. has offered in their case already or said they will offer;
--- some evidence the State has offered already (or could offer, IMO);
---my questions about whether some info would be admissible in this phase;
-- my thoughts about the value (only, IMO) of each factor.

Ok, other cyber-jurors, what do you think?

Agree or disagree, factor by factor?

When all the mitigating factors are combined, do they negate the Death Penalty for JA?

ETA:
Great if you'd like to add to the list of points either the Def. or the State has on any of these factors.

However, trying to get a sense of whether, on a factor-by-factor basis,
our members think the Mit. factor has been already proven, is likely to be proven (w. what we know)
OR whether Def. hasn't shown it and will be unable to prove it next week.

For each factor, please give your feeling about whether Def team can"win" on that factor.
In other words, a poll of sorts.
Feel free to discuss too.
When all the mitigating factors are combined, do they negate the Death Penalty for JA?

Mods,
Will there be a trial thread for today's proceedings? Thanks.

What is wrong with people? Making death threats? Really? I hope these people are arrested. This is not how our system works. People making death threats are criminals.

Aha! Told ya that was the likely reason Patty backed out of testifying. Whack-a-doodle-doo trial watchers out there who think their brand of crazy vigilantism is appropriate. They also think they are anonymous and that they cannot be tracked down. Oh so wrong. They can be found and if these are actual/credible threats they will be charged.

Never discount the actions of the crazy. Turns out Arias isn't the only dangerous one in the world, eh? Nature abhors a vacuum and more crazy may have stepped in to take up any void.

This is HORRIBLE. It really could be an appealable issue. I cannot believe people can be so stupid. :frown:

This is ridiculous! I wanted her to testify--as long as she was going to tell the truth. I mainly want justice for Travis, but Jodi has to have a fair trial. I don't want Jodi, Nurmi, and Wilmott to tell more lies about Travis, but we're looking at the possibility of the death penalty here. Is Darryl going to let his face be shown today? Could Maricopa County and Patty's home county not trace the calls, arrest the people responsible, and provide some protection for her? This just isn't right! ALV lied on the stand and said just because Jodi lied that THAT doesn't make her a liar. I can understand people being angry at her because she was so biased against men. We haven't even heard Patty yet.

I don't know what was really said or done here - but if threats were made I think it is massively hypocritical, and completely unacceptable to insert oneself into any case, to try to influence justice for any victim by threatening harm to another person.

What is wrong with people? Making death threats? Really? I hope these people are arrested. This is not how our system works. People making death threats are criminals.

Saying you will testify for your friend is one thing, getting there and having to be deposed by Juan Martinez before your testimony is quite sobering I trust. I betcha Harry D. Brewer ( his real name ) was :scared::scared: after his little depo with Juan Martinez as well. It would not surprise me at all if he does not testify either. :floorlaugh:

The defense KNEW that JM would crucify her on the stand with her record, so they should have NEVER thought of calling her, setting her up for failure, imo.

Consider the source, Nurmi. He lied to Chris and Sky Hughes ( according to both of them, whom I believe ). In my opinion, this too is a lie. Wouldn't surprise me if Donovan or one of the other convicted felons friends of Jodi's placed the phone call, just to make the fake recording. They are desperate. Nurmi filed request for mistrial Sunday. It will be denied in short order this morning I trust. I believe she is mortified that her case regarding her DUI cases, being exposed, etc are going to affect her and her family well into the future. That is a far cry from a death threat. She is the one who has been on several media outlets appearing (in my opinion) high as kite. She is the one who got arrested for DUI. If someone reported that, that is fair game. Once she realized in the pre trial prep the depth and breadth of questions Mr. Martinez was posing to her...yeah you bet your life she felt threatened.....that the truth would be told.

IF there were death threats of course that will be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted, as it should be.
For now, I just do not find this credible.

For the love of God, she said in media interviews she STILL believed , despite all the forensic evidence, that Jodi did not commit this crime, until the day Jodi admitted she murdered him in court. Here is the transcript from CNN http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/04/ng.01.html

Here she is acting , well....you be the judge in court, ( you will note in this video Chris Hughes testifies that Nurmi lied to him and Sky about the forged ped. letters ) http://t.co/YPl381DivH

In my opinion....this is the situation. She courted the media and found out it was a Pandora's box....because she seemed to me that she was so overtly impaired.... it brought up the question, wow I bet this chick has a drug/alcohol criminal history, hmmmmm let's see. Sure enough, one click of Google and ......

In addition, she realized in the pre trial prep with Mr. Martinez he absolutely knows that she may have sold her story and pics and videos to HLN/ rag magazines and others and likely knows the dates, times and amounts. Her testimony would have no value and do far more harm than good, for herself and her friend. I do not like, trust or respect her or Nurmi. The best way to predict someone's future behavior is to look at their past behavior. MOO

I seriously don't see ANY mitigating factors at all.

How can art be a factor?? WTH? And it's not even anything original.

I also think not having any family members help out is really going to make the jury wonder what's up.

Can the Prosecution bring up the cease and desist on her copied art?
I'd like to see that brought in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back