8 Oct 2010 - Elizabeth's attorneys move for dismissal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the reason her attorney's stated that their attorney/client relationship was damaged was because they state the detective told her not to trust her own attorney's. What in the world was this guy thinking?

Here is a link to a news story by Yami Virgin in San Antonio that is rather good:
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_3627.shtml

Hi Jess....is this Chief McManus being interviewd in this video ? He seems very passive when asked if he knew or the DA knew. Plus, if he didn't know, would Det.Salame, just up and go on his own paying his own way to and from ? I find it all very strange for sure...and Mr.Maloney's statements resonate to me...

I have never heard here in SA on the local news if that was done or not but I can tell you given recent developments I would not be surprised if it did NOT happen. I'm disgusted by this turn of events and would really like Chief McManus to say something about what he plans to do about his detective that knew better. In my book there is no excuse for this. Salame could very well be the one who causes this case to implode and he should have to answer to that.:furious:

It infuriates me too. It really makes me wonder what else might have been screwed up on their end. Oh wait...no Amber Alert...yeah, messed up through and through from the get go, IMO! Also, not even seeming interested in doing a landfill search until someone else footed the bill. Again MHO! :snooty: I just have no confidence in that police dept. God forbid anyone else is the victim of a crime in SA!! Or hey, open call to criminals! That's the place to be :angel:
:truce:

I think i'm going to be sick :sick:

IF she does get released I hope like *Hell* they eventually find SOME kind of evidence to convict her (weather it be murder charges etc). that can throw her little butt back in the slammer for.

:banghead:

I think the SAPD just hopped a train to *Crazy Town*

Respectfully snipped:

SAPD believes Elizabeth murdered Gabriel? I thought they were unsure and that is why a missing persons case has been left open as well. Has something changed?

Nothing has changed. They've believed that for some time. It's been in the press, including an interview with Logan where he says it.

It's possible they might have some sort of evidence that he was killed.
they are not going to reveal everything they know.

if they do have some sort of evidence, I hope they eventually charge EJ with First Degree Murder.

They have no physical evidence of it.

Where in the MSM does it state that SAPD now believes Elizabeth Johnson killed Gabriel? I'm not finding it. Does anyone have a link?

It's not that 'now' they believe it - it's nothing new.

I'll get Logan's interview where he says it in a bit. It's an old one, so it's going to take me a bit to dig it up.

BBM. Alcock? What did he do? It's the detective who appears to have done something very, very wrong that caused this current situation.

I see it differently... The detective did something very wrong that got us here, however, his intention was to get a confession from her and to find Gabriel... (I think... or was his intention to spoil the case and free EJ? i dunno).
But Alcock is filing to dismiss the case against EJ, dismiss the fact she kidnapped (let alone prob killed Gabriel - which she should have been charged with but wasn't even charged...) It's clear she kidnapped Gabriel cuz she took him and he's GONE. She should have been charged with even MORE, but now even the facts are going to be dismissed? How can her lawyer, who is asking for her to WALK FREE, sleep at night? His intention is to set free someone who obviously committed a horrible crime(s).

I see it differently... The detective did something very wrong that got us here, however, his intention was to get a confession from her and to find Gabriel... (I think... or was his intention to spoil the case and free EJ? i dunno).
But Alcock is filing to dismiss the case against EJ, dismiss the fact she kidnapped (let alone prob killed Gabriel - which she should have been charged with but wasn't even charged...) It's clear she kidnapped Gabriel cuz she took him and he's GONE. She should have been charged with even MORE, but now even the facts are going to be dismissed? How can her lawyer, who is asking for her to WALK FREE, sleep at night? His intention is to set free someone who obviously committed a horrible crime(s).

I see it as the detective did wrong, and the attorney is just doing his job. And no, I don't see it at all as any facts being dismissed. The facts stand, and her attorney, and everyone else, knows that.

We can't have LE violating perps' constitutional rights, or cases will be dismissed right and left.

And her attorney may well be losing sleep over this. I had a friend who was a prosecutor, and then became a defense attorney. She didn't like the things she had to do, although intellectually, she believed in the system, and knew why things are the way they are. But it got to her emotionally. She couldn't reconcile it. She committed suicide. Ever since, I never assume that any defense attorney likes what they have to do when they did their job. I know many of them struggle, and that it's painful.

Hopefully there's some kind of loophole, something they can still hold her on. She is one person I do *NOT* want out on the street again - ever. I think she's very dangerous, in a number of ways. And she definitely needs to be punished for what she did to Gabe, no matter what it was.

The whole situation is just awful.

I see it as the detective did wrong, and the attorney is just doing his job. And no, I don't see it at all as any facts being dismissed. The facts stand, and her attorney, and everyone else, knows that.

We can't have LE violating perps' constitutional rights, or cases will be dismissed right and left.

And her attorney may well be losing sleep over this. I had a friend who was a prosecutor, and then became a defense attorney. She didn't like the things she had to do, although intellectually, she believed in the system, and knew why things are the way they are. But it got to her emotionally. She couldn't reconcile it. She committed suicide. Ever since, I never assume that any defense attorney likes what they have to do when they did their job. I know many of them struggle, and that it's painful.

Hopefully there's some kind of loophole, something they can still hold her on. She is one person I do *NOT* want out on the street again - ever. I think she's very dangerous, in a number of ways. And she definitely needs to be punished for what she did to Gabe, no matter what it was.

The whole situation is just awful.

Yes, I agree the detective did something very wrong too, so sue him too or demote him or fire him from the sapd. But why does that mean the criminal walks? They can just throw out whatever evidence he obtained, no? Change the lawyer if EJ doesn't trust Alcock... Alcock's been doing a superb job for EJ, not sure why she's still whining left and right. The world has no justice, that is what I have come to realize.
Sorry about your friend, quitting her job would have been a better solution than suicide... very sad. I guess someone has to do the dirty job of a defence attorney for criminals who harm children...But I just wish they didn't work so damn hard when defending them, maybe just lose the case?

Even if they did get dismissed, they can file other charges on her like Kidnapping in the second degree, and conspiracy to commit custodial interference...Remember, she is still in contempt with the custody hearing.

Color me "Legally" dumb...but let me see if I understand this correctly...Is the court asking for more time to respond to the request for dismissal ????

hi Kap- I think the prosecutors want more time- and I agree with you- things have gotten kind of weird all of a sudden

hi Kap- I think the prosecutors want more time- and I agree with you- things have gotten kind of weird all of a sudden

Thanks Saba...I'm probably thinking more into this than need be...as I have a habit of doing sometimes.... I wonder how long an Extension Of Time can last. Do they actually request a week, 2 weeks, a month ??? Or is that determined by the Judge ?

My gut reaction to this is that the case will not be dismissed.

the reason her attorney's stated that their attorney/client relationship was damaged was because they state the detective told her not to trust her own attorney's. What in the world was this guy thinking?

Here is a link to a news story by Yami Virgin in San Antonio that is rather good:
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_3627.shtml

Hi Jess....is this Chief McManus being interviewd in this video ? He seems very passive when asked if he knew or the DA knew. Plus, if he didn't know, would Det.Salame, just up and go on his own paying his own way to and from ? I find it all very strange for sure...and Mr.Maloney's statements resonate to me...

Sorry just now seeing this..yes that was McManus in the interview.

Attorney for Baby Gabriel's mom claims detective violated rights
Web Posted: 10/22/2010 6:00 PM CDT

Police Chief William McManus said the detective did conduct the interview May 10, three months after a police probe here led to a landfill search on the possibility that the baby was killed and thrown in the trash.

But McManus called the defense claims unsubstantiated and said the detective has not been removed from the case.

snip

McManus declined to talk about specifics of the motion but said the detective discussed only the San Antonio portion of the police investigation of Johnson.

“What we have at this time are unsubstantiated allegations,” he said. “No formal complaint has been filed with SAPD. Should a complaint be filed, we will handle accordingly.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...s_sa_detective_violated_rights_105567503.html

I mostly lurk because this just breaks my heart...

But, she (and probably with TPS help)threw away a baby! Threw him a way!

He is not with family, he is not with people who truly love him. She thinks this is ok? really? And there is talk in her camp that this should be dismissed?? really?

She threw away a baby! That is the only thing that matters. Where is Gabriel?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06
Back