9 year old flies from MN to Las Vegas with NO ticket

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe meds would help, but it still seems to me the boy was just let loose, was running wild w/o consequences, and had no respect for authority or laws.

I would like to know the reaction of the parents when he came home after being absent so many times. How can they THINK he was PROBABLY spending the night at his friend's house?

Who were the friend's parents who would allow the boy to spend multiple nights with them? Did they feed him? Discipline him? Seems odd.

Something that doesn't make sense to me is how the dad says he is often spending the night at a friend's. If this kid is so uncontrollable, how is he welcome at another child's home on a regular basis?

I learn more and more a little at a time about this child. For lack of better termss he is a wild one. I've never heard of a 9 year old wondering the city alone at all hours of the day and night. Never heard of one stealing a truck and never ever heard of one just up and walking onto a plane like he did.
He imo needs a proper mental exam. Sounds like a child who needs meds. IMOO

You don't hear much about 9 year olds wandering the city because most 9 year olds have parents who give a darn.

This kid's dad didn't even know he was missing. He made comments to suggest his son is often not home and wanders in and out. He suggested he believed his son might have spent the night at a friend's as he does often. On a school night? Really? And why and how did this child not go to school but the dad didn't realize he wasn't there?

Sounds like serious neglect here yet many are willing to lay the blame squarely in the lap of a nine year old child, calling him a "delinquent" who needs to be "dealt with", or saying he needs medication or is a cunning sociopath. Maybe we should just execute this small child who apparently poses such a permanent threat to society? Is that what we should do? Bring back hanging for minors who commit crimes?

Geesh.

I think this sounds like a brilliant little kid who is desperate for love and parenting, who is willing to go to incredible lengths to find someone who gives a damn- someone who won't ignore h or immediately view and treat him as a wild animal or an incorrigible criminal or severely emotionally disturbed maniac.

Sadly, based on many of the comments I'm seeing, I think the kid may have to go farther than NV to find that. The citizens of this country have already given up on him for the most part. Now I wonder why that is?

Something that doesn't make sense to me is how the dad says he is often spending the night at a friend's. If this kid is so uncontrollable, how is he welcome at another child's home on a regular basis?

You don't hear much about 9 year olds wandering the city because most 9 year olds have parents who give a darn.

This kid's dad didn't even know he was missing. He made comments to suggest his son is often not home and wanders in and out. He suggested he believed his son might have spent the night at a friend's as he does often. On a school night? Really? And why and how did this child not go to school but the dad didn't realize he wasn't there?

Sounds like serious neglect here yet many are willing to lay the blame squarely in the lap of a nine year old child, calling him a "delinquent" who needs to be "dealt with", or saying he needs medication or is a cunning sociopath. Maybe we should just execute this small child who apparently poses such a permanent threat to society? Is that what we should do? Bring back hanging for minors who commit crimes?

Geesh.

I think this sounds like a brilliant little kid who is desperate for love and parenting, who is willing to go to incredible lengths to find someone who gives a damn- someone who won't ignore h or immediately view and treat him as a wild animal or an incorrigible criminal or severely emotionally disturbed maniac.

Sadly, based on many of the comments I'm seeing, I think the kid may have to go farther than NV to find that. The citizens of this country have already given up on him for the most part. Now I wonder why that is?

I agree. It scares the heck out of me that people are mentioning meds instead of asking "Why?" and "How?"

I really hope he hasn't seen his dad on TV. I don't know why he is hiding his face. Maybe he'll claim that he's hiding his face to protect his son who is a minor. I kind of think it has a little more to do with testicular fortitude. I wonder how that might be interpreted by a nine year old boy. I asked my son how he would feel. He said "That would make me sad, because I'd feel like he's ashamed of me."

Whatever the reasons for his behavior, he is going to be 10 very soon. Once he turns 10, if he continues with this behavior, he will be a delinquent dealt with by juvenile justice system. That's just a simple fact.

IMO some posters are confusing brilliance with being street-wise. I don't see this child as brilliant, and I'm betting his school records reflect this. As a former inner-city teacher, I can say for certain there's a difference.

Being street-wise is a learned behavior, and it sounds like he's had a lot of practice. To reverse this, being brilliant doesn't mean you're street-wise.

I agree. It scares the heck out of me that people are mentioning meds instead of asking "Why?" and "How?"

This comment is not fair. Please see post #105,my comment that was asked to be modified but I deleted.We do care about this child and are looking for answers.

IMO some posters are confusing brilliance with being street-wise. I don't see this child as brilliant, and I'm betting his school records reflect this. As a former inner-city teacher, I can say for certain there's a difference.

Being street-wise is a learned behavior, and it sounds like he's had a lot of practice. To reverse this, being brilliant doesn't mean you're street-wise.

He's unusually perceptive, resourceful and demonstrates an above average ability to understand and exploit social psychology.

I do think he has a skill set that sets him apart from simply "street smart" if he's shown a legal way to untilize these skills to benefit himself... IMO he could do really well in life.

It could mean the difference between becoming a criminal sociopath or a lobbyist! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Gitana1, you make a very good point about staying at friend's houses and being a problem. I do not know how to post sections of a quote,but the comment about posters wanting this child executed or hung is out of line. You are stretching what people are saying. I am not attacking ,I find your comment upsetting.

If he stayed at friend's house, that doesn't mean parents of this friend even knew he was there.
As for brilliance, sorry to say, some people seem to be enamored by illegal behavior.
I don't see any brilliance here.

Doing well on standardized tests or even school for that matter, does not prove that a child is brilliant. It might show that the child is obedient, tests well and has good executive functions, but our public education system is known for making incredibly brilliant people think they're not.

I believe every child could be brilliant if given the chance to learn in ways which work best for them instead of being forced into a mold. As a former inner-city (Minneapolis) student, I've chosen to homeschool my children. :D

We likely wont get a chance to know if he is brilliant or not, because many will label him as "trouble" and "bad" and if he doesn't already believe it, he will soon.

I do not think doing illegal things is good. From the beginning I've wondered how he became so street smart and suspected that it was because of neglect. My main concern is that this kid ended up this way because of parents who didn't "parent" and now he is facing the consequences of his parents' inaction. I'm not trying to glorify what he has done. I absolutely believe that there should be consequences for things, and I think the consequences should start with the parents.

It's not okay to do illegal things, I just want to know why. Is there neglect? Abuse? or is there actually a mental disorder? Whatever it is, this doesn't make him "bad" it makes him a kid who needs help. I just hope he gets what he needs. I'm just afraid what he is going to get is labels....and that is not what he needs. I still believe he could do amazing things with the right support system. I believe every child can.

This comment is not fair. Please see post #105,my comment that was asked to be modified but I deleted.We do care about this child and are looking for answers.

I'm sorry if you feel like this was a personal attack, that was not my intention.

I did see that post and I agree.

Overindulged children leave home all the time to manipulate. Because as the child gets older
he/she wants more freedom, more things, bigger and better things.

Sometimes kids are just looking for a challenge and are bored outta their minds from being under stimulated.

Sometimes kids are just looking for a challenge and are bored outta their minds from being under stimulated.

And sometimes kids or adults commit crimes and claim they did it because they were bored. I am not sure where you are going with "bored" idea?
Is somebody supposed to entertain this child all day long?

And sometimes kids or adults commit crimes and claim they did it because they were bored. I am not sure where you are going with "bored" idea?

Is it not our jobs as parents to try and create mentally stimulating yet safe environments for our children?

This kid is freakin sharp. He needs guidance and a good school, pronto. He's either going to end up a legit businessman or a very wealthy criminal. Someone needs to step in and make sure he goes the legal route! Come to think of it, he could combine the two and end up a successful politician lol! :crazy:

Reminds me of that Leo DiCaprio film, about the con artist guy who pretended to be a pilot, etc!

That's the first thing I thought of when I started reading this thread! And LMAO about the successful politician!

No, they are to guide & nurture & educate him in his strengths, in positive ways, so he can become a productive member of society. They are to teach him how to curb his impulses. Educate him, protect him from himself.

You know... Parent!

Good to see someone else that agrees. He learned this behavior from someone. All I see is career criminal by age 23, if he isn't shot by then. Not seeing brilliance, just seeing tricky learned behavior for a "free ride" in every sense of the word.

Call me Debbie Downer, but it is what I see.

Well, I think he's a little young to have him already shot dead by 23 or a career criminal. And I disagree, he sounds pretty smart to me. I think if he were to get proper guidance he could use his smarts for good not evil! He is only nine years old, I don't think it's time to lock him up and throw away the key quite yet.

It will be interesting to see if mom planned this as a version of a "balloon boy" adventure and that she was hoping to get on the talk show circuit, etc.

AACK! :pullhair: Balloon boy! That's a name I thought I'd never have to hear again in my lifetime! :lol:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back