911 Call

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually what I find weird about this call (didn't realize it before) is that she hung up.I mean,wouldn't you want help from the operator,instructions,what to do what NOT to do (like call your friends over when the kidnappers are watching over ya).You would cling to that voice! IMO
And she never asks "what shall I do?" etc

she gives infos but not the important ones

SBTC,she repeats "there's a note" but never says anything about the warnings

she's blonde......so what?

i am the mother...

she doesn't wait for the operator to ask anything

911: Does it say who took her?
PR: What?
911: Does it say who took her?
PR: No I don’t know it’s there...there is a ransom note here.

I don't know BUT IF YOU NEED ME TO I CAN LOOK!do you want me to?

what was so important that she hung up ,she was talking to the person who was sending help over..........it's like it happened on the 23th........they didn't even bother to open the door after the accidental(?) 911 call.
was she so eager to deliver the breaking news to the friends?

this is starting to bother me...............how the call ended.weird

Things must be very different in Boulder. I'm referring to the 911 call from the 23rd. My 4 yo grandson called 911 (from my home) because his mother had a really bad headache and he thought they could help her. We didn't know he had made the call till the police showed up. This scared my gs so he ran and hid under the bed. The police would not leave without speaking (in person) to him so I led them to the bedroom so they could see that there was really no problem, just a scared little boy trying his best to help his mom. They apoligized for the intrusion but said that "by law" they had to speak in person with the one who had made the call. Must not be the law in Colorado.

she gives infos but not the important ones

SBTC,she repeats "there's a note" but never says anything about the warnings

she's blonde......so what?

i am the mother...

she doesn't wait for the operator to ask anything

Bingo. IMO because on this morning Patsy was not only the actress, but was also trying to direct. Her priority was to direct attention to the faux ransom note which she had written.

Patsy mentioned her daughter was blonde twice in that call. That was pretty important to her, that he daughter was a blonde. And she saw to it that she WAS blonde. How many mothers will dye their 6-year old child's hair?
Bet Patsy wasn't the only "pageant mom" to do it, though.

Patsy mentioned her daughter was blonde twice in that call. That was pretty important to her, that he daughter was a blonde. And she saw to it that she WAS blonde. How many mothers will dye their 6-year old child's hair?
Bet Patsy wasn't the only "pageant mom" to do it, though.

I have watched every single episode of Little Miss perfect and Toddlers in Tiaras to date for or two reasons, Number one: to gain a deeper understanding of the "pageant mom" mentality ; Number two: because watching it is like watching a train wreak, I simply can't turn away but sometimes peek through splayed fingers while groaning! I see a basic common thread in the majority of those women, and Patsy.

I have watched every single episode of Little Miss perfect and Toddlers in Tiaras to date for or two reasons, Number one: to gain a deeper understanding of the "pageant mom" mentality ; Number two: because watching it is like watching a train wreak, I simply can't turn away but sometimes peek through splayed fingers while groaning! I see a basic common thread in the majority of those women, and Patsy.

Me, too, Linda. Good description. It IS like a train wreck.

My son was four years old when he went missing. It was seven in the morning and he wasn't in his bed. I searched the entire house, under beds, in closets, all the while yelling out his name. I still remember what I said in the 911 call like it was yesterday. I said, my 4 year old son is gone, I woke up and he's gone. Operator asked me his age, what he was wearing, and informed me police were on there way. I replied okay, hurry and hung up. I was frantic. I wasn't panting, or maybe I just didn't hear it over the sound of my heart pounding in my ears.

That's when I started ripping the huge stupid detachable pillows off my sofa and found him wedged in the crack. He apparently thought that would be a cool place to sleep like a rock. I was near hysterical when the police pulled up, I found him, but I was babbling and crying so bad I couldn't get a single word out, for a good while!

what was so important that she hung up ,she was talking to the person who was sending help over..........it's like it happened on the 23th........they didn't even bother to open the door after the accidental(?) 911 call.
was she so eager to deliver the breaking news to the friends?

this is starting to bother me...............how the call ended.weird

I think that it's because Burke came into the room, and broke up her acting skills by asking "what did you find". Kinda hard to concentrate on your acting, when your son storms into the room and starts asking questions.

My son was four years old when he went missing. It was seven in the morning and he wasn't in his bed. I searched the entire house, under beds, in closets, all the while yelling out his name. I still remember what I said in the 911 call like it was yesterday. I said, my 4 year old son is gone, I woke up and he's gone. Operator asked me his age, what he was wearing, and informed me police were on there way. I replied okay, hurry and hung up. I was frantic. I wasn't panting, or maybe I just didn't hear it over the sound of my heart pounding in my ears.

That's when I started ripping the huge stupid detachable pillows off my sofa and found him wedged in the crack. He apparently thought that would be a cool place to sleep like a rock. I was near hysterical when the police pulled up, I found him, but I was babbling and crying so bad I couldn't get a single word out, for a good while!
a very normal reaction and quite a different one from Patsy and John's.
the excuse that everyone behaves differently just doesn't fly here beccause their behavior was SO off the wall,it was like a flashing neon sign saying 'something isn't right with this picture!!! '

didn't Patsy always say that she didn't read the whole RN??

-----------------------

7 Was there any discussion about not calling the

8 police?

9 JOHN RAMSEY: Yes, for a moment. I mean,

10 Patsy said, it says not to call the police. I

11 said, call them anyway. We called them. I mean,

12 there's no question in my mind that that was the

13 right answer.

------------------------

the instructions re not calling LE in the ransom note are in the middle of it

-----------------------------

Mr. Ramsey

Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We do respect your bussiness [sic] but not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our posession [sic]. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a [sic] earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart [sic] us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John!

Victory!

S.B.T.C.

didn't Patsy always say that she didn't read the whole RN??

-----------------------

7 Was there any discussion about not calling the

8 police?

9 JOHN RAMSEY: Yes, for a moment. I mean,

10 Patsy said, it says not to call the police. I

11 said, call them anyway. We called them. I mean,

12 there's no question in my mind that that was the

13 right answer.

------------------------

the instructions re not calling LE in the ransom note are in the middle of it

-----------------------------

Mr. Ramsey

Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction. We do respect your bussiness [sic] but not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our posession [sic]. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange an earlier delivery of the money and hence a [sic] earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter.

Any deviation of my instructions will result in the immediate execution of your daughter. You will also be denied her remains for proper burial. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart [sic] us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. It is up to you now John!

Victory!

S.B.T.C.

Yep, that is what she said. Of course, she didn't HAVE to read it, since she is the one that wrote it.

Reading that 911 Analysis made me think of the Zahra Baker case...
The insincerity, the attention to irrelevant details, the blaming of the girl for her predicament.

See I never knew about that trick. I always thought she ran up and down the staircase a few times to get that out of breath effect (which failed in my opinion cause she carried it on waaay too long in the call - gasping for air etc. = bad acting)

What’s even more telling (I think) is the conversation going on before Patsy realized the call had been answered. It was left off from the transcript -- only referred to as “inaudible”. Her first recorded words were, “..., Hun. Hun, we need a (or “to”, or “the”)...” and then word “Police!” She’s already talking (not to the 911 operator) when the first click of the call being answered sounds, and it’s like she’s still talking to someone else before it registers in her mind that the call has been answered. Then she immediately goes into her “emergency” voice and says, “Police! 7, 5, 5, Fifteenth Street.” That is when she goes into her out-of-breath, “emergency” voice. Before the word “Police!” it’s more like a tired but comforting, motherly voice.

Listen for yourself:
http://www.acandyrose.com/patsy911-FFJ.mp3

Being Southern it sounds to me like she says Hun we need the Police, calling the 911 operator Hun. The most logical thing to tell the 911 operator is there has been a kidnapping, they said not to call the police, Help Help what do we do? We don't want her harmed but we want her home, I know they are hysterical but I just can't imagine calling the operator hun and saying I need the police now, hurry hurry while reading a note saying do not call the police. I agree with wonderllama, in cases where the family is involved the 911 call always raises my hinky meter, just like the Ramsey's did.

I'm RDI for a whole bunch of reasons, but to me, the 911 performance isn't bad as it fits with the analysis linked above by Linda7NJ

First, the conversation going on before the call is answered seems to me to be in the same excited tone. Second, the first thing she gives is the address, and if you wanted the cops it's important to tell them where you are.

"We have a kidnapping" seems slightly odd, but only slightly. I'd have said my daughter has been kidnapped.

Patsy keeps asking them to hurry, staying focused on getting the police to the scene.

When asked the age of her daughter, PR replies 6 years old, then says that she's blond. I don't make much of this - I think PR might have assumed the operator was going to ask for a description.

When asked how long her daughter has been missing PR says she doesn't know, she just got the note. That would be true if she had actually just woken up and found the note on the stairs.

She's asked again a bit later in the conversation who long her daughter has been gone. She then offers the info that she just got up and "she's not here." Had PR offered this info the first time she was asked, it would be a red flag, but she's been asked a second time how long her daughter has been missing. To me the amplifying information seems relevant to the repeated question.

PR does have a little but of the "huh" factor going when asked if the note says who took her. But we can't be sure that she had actually read the note, at least carefully. (Well, actually we know she wrote the note, but play along in an IDI scenario for a minute) if you assume an IDI scenario at this point, then the RN would be a difficult document to absorb in one reading. If the Rs had made out that it's a RN it might still not be clear who has taken the girl.

She tells the 911 operator that it says "SBTC Victory, Please". It may be info she wants the police to start thinking about, or it may simply be the last thing she read and therefore remembers. She may have assumed (in and IDI scenario) that SBTC Victory was some indication of who took her daughter.

She keeps up a sense of urgency asking them to hurry.

Overall, I'd have to rate this a good performance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445
Back