FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As to the possible set up of LaCasse, it's interesting to listen to Jane and Wendi discuss Jeff in the police interview room. I'm very curious to know Jane's take on that discussion today. Does she think Wendi primed the pump by claiming Jeff' had a jealous nature in the days prior to the shooting, or did she bring up Jeff organically?

Jane is just one of several people in Wendi's orbit who have never spoken publicly about the case. (The women that Wendi met for lunch that day are also in that category.) One way or another, their testimony could end up playing a large factor at trial.

The LaCasse discussion starts at 2:13:34:
Jane walked with Wendi 2 days before the murder.
(Even though she had laryngitis and couldn't talk to Dan).
I am sure she discussed a lot with her.

Rightly or wrongly the State are holding off on arresting WA until after DAs trial and conviction. Her conviction makes the case against WA infinitely stronger, simply because it would be extremely unlikely that CA and DA would conspire to kill DA without WA's knowledge and approval. Obviously that's not going to be enough to convict WA, the State needs strong evidence, but DA's conviction gives them an upper hand in WA's trial.

I think the State also has lots more evidence that incriminates WA that they have not released and also more evidence that will be produced as they continue with pulling data from the various electronic devices, this can take months. There will be a number of witness depositions in August as well which will strengthen their case e.g deposition of Sara Yousef who went to the University of Miami and then severed ties with WA for unknown personal issues. The State aren't taking her deposition because Wendi called her fat, it will be something significant and relating to DM's murder.

Other incriminating evidence that I think will be forthcoming that will further incriminate WA:
  • OK Cupid data showing WA intended to move to Miami before DM was killed
  • lunch dates testimony detailing WA's state of mind, presumably she was all over the place
  • Geek squad testimony. He would have told WA within 1 minute of seeing the TV it could not be repaired. They did not have the parts to repair cheap TVs as it was not economically viable. However he remained there for 40 minutes.
  • DA was an obsessive note taker and organiser, I believe there will be something in her notebooks and devices that shows WA was planning to move to Miami pre-murder e.g google searches for schools
  • WA's cellbrighted phone. New tech developed feb 2024 allowed LE to do much deeper data recovery on phones.
  • WA's WhatsApp data. In 2016, on the day of the bump, CA admitted he had been messaging WA all day on WhatsApp. Yet when WA was on the stand in the various trials she played dumb when asked about WhatsApp, unsure of her history with the app. If she was a prodigious WhatsApp user in 2016, then the likelihood she would have been in 2014.
How about the condo her parents rented for her in may 2014, before the first attempt? That she moved into right after the murder?
The one that was 12K a month, that they had to put an 80K deposit on?
How about when asked on the stand by GC where she went after she left Miami, she lied and said she lived in Coral Springs?

The condo was in the Continuum , the one Patty reported to the FBI a couple of months ago. The one where she put her address there on a work order for Dans roof that was damaged by ironically a falling tree?

Last edited:
It seems that ‘viewership’ of the Dan Markel case has grown exponentially in the past year. I’ve been following the case for about 4 years and I have always said that I believe in the ‘possibility’ that Donna and Charlie may have done this behind Wendi’s back. I no longer feel like the community leper because I’m starting to see more people express that same opinion. In the past that opinion was not well received by other case followers and I have always been puzzled at why people take it personally and attacked people with that view and accused them of being on the Adelson PR team or of being a ‘troll’.

I’m not posting my above perspective to debate the evidence because nothing of substance regarding Wendi has changed in 2 years. I’m looking forward to Donna’s trial with the hopes that the state releases something new that helps to bring more clarity to Wendi’s potential role. I just don’t understand how anyone can question the motive of someone that follows the case that shares my perspective or a similar perspective. Had 10 years not passed since Dan was murdered, I’d be more inclined to believe the very common belief that the state is leveraging the ‘one-by-one’ prosecution strategy. Personally, I do not believe that is their strategy, I really think it's a simple case of the state not being confident that they have a strong enough case against Wendi – another opinion that for some reason people have an issue with. Rant over.
How about Patty finding the condo Donna and Harvey rented for Wendi in May 2014? How did they know she was to be moving down there?
Do you know how she found this out?
She found a roof work order for Dans house ,or insurance filing by Wendi who lived in the said condo rented by her parents…the one rented BEFORE THE MURDER.

Isn’t that important new evidence?
So important, Patty contacted the FBI.

Last edited:
Your stance was always that she may have only known “after the fact”.
Never part of the planning.
Ps I didn’t put all those question marks
I was making a statement, not asking a question,

I have no personal issue with you, but need to point out that you are totally misrepresenting my stance. I have always been very clear that its possible she wasn’t directly involved but I never proclaimed her innocence and have been very clear that I can see it either way and have said MULTIPLE times its possible she was involved. I never said she may have only known “after the fact” OR she was “never part of the planning”. Not sure where or who you got that from? I say ‘who’ because a couple others that I know you fawn over have said the same thing for some bizarre reason, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and perhaps you heard it from someone you think is a reliable source? I know you know my handle on Reddit and YouTube. I challenge you to find ANY comment by me where I stated what you are alleging.

How about Patty finding the condo Donna and Harvey rented for Wendi in May 2014? How did they know she was to be moving down there?
Do you know how she found this out?
She found a roof work order for Dans house ,or insurance filing by Wendi who lived in the said condo rented by her parents…the one rented BEFORE THE MURDER.

Isn’t that important new evidence?
So important, Patty contacted the FBI.

I think you got the story wrong, I heard what Patty said. It was known a LONG time ago Donna & Harvey rented a condo before Dan’s murder and, YES, its very possible that it was in anticipation of Wendi’s move to S. Florida. Which is really no surprise because we know with 99% certainty that Donna was in on the plans to murder Dan. What Patty shared is Wendi likely lied about her ‘new’ address after she relocated to S. Florida and that’s what she reported to the FBI. Either way, what you described or what Patty shared doesn’t implicate Wendi. Unless you can explain how, I don’t see it.

Who are you on Reddit? I'm No_violinist.

I knew who you are there and I seriously love your posts there and here. I no longer exist on Reddit at least on that sub-reddit – the mod’s banned me there for ‘breaking community guidelines’.. I hope I don’t disappoint you – I was Civil-Fix :)

I think you got the story wrong, I heard what Patty said. It was known a LONG time ago Donna & Harvey rented a condo before Dan’s murder and, YES, its very possible that it was in anticipation of Wendi’s move to S. Florida. Which is really no surprise because we know with 99% certainty that Donna was in on the plans to murder Dan. What Patty shared is Wendi likely lied about her ‘new’ address after she relocated to S. Florida and that’s what she reported to the FBI. Either way, what you described or what Patty shared doesn’t implicate Wendi. Unless you can explain how, I don’t see it.
That was an apartment rented for Wendi.
Donna and Harvey had their own apartment at the Icon.
Why would Donna and Harvey rent Wendi an apartment for herself in 5/2014?
How did they know she would be relocating to Miami?

So Donna and Harvey rented a 12K condo for Wendi, putting an 80K deposit for it, without Wendi knowing she was going to be moving there?

I have no personal issue with you, but need to point out that you are totally misrepresenting my stance. I have always been very clear that its possible she wasn’t directly involved but I never proclaimed her innocence and have been very clear that I can see it either way and have said MULTIPLE times its possible she was involved. I never said she may have only known “after the fact” OR she was “never part of the planning”. Not sure where or who you got that from? I say ‘who’ because a couple others that I know you fawn over have said the same thing for some bizarre reason, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and perhaps you heard it from someone you think is a reliable source? I know you know my handle on Reddit and YouTube. I challenge you to find ANY comment by me where I stated what you are alleging.
I never said you proclaimed her innocence but you have hinted greatly at it. What I remember you stating is that she only may have known after the fact.

Couldn't HA/DA say that they planned to move into it? Was this near where they lived?
No, this was specifically for Wendi.
They has a place already rented in the ICON.

Thats why it is such an important piece of evidence.
If she never put her address on that work order for Dans roof, it would never have been found out.
Patty found it.

Everything is close on South beach. The boys were in a prestigious school zone.
When Donna and Harvey left S. Beach , they moved over the bridge off of Miami Beach on Brickell Ave, also on the beach but a distance away. That was 12/29/2021 (purchased)
Called Bristol Towers

Last edited:

I understood what you are / were alleging about the apartment and as I said it may very well have been rented in anticipation for her move and part of the plan. Also, I’m not sure they had all three places simultaneously (Coral Springs, the Icon and ‘Wendi’s condo).

Regardless, my question to you was - ‘how does that implicate Wendi’?

As to the possible set up of LaCasse, it's interesting to listen to Jane and Wendi discuss Jeff in the police interview room. I'm very curious to know Jane's take on that discussion today. Does she think Wendi primed the pump by claiming Jeff' had a jealous nature in the days prior to the shooting, or did she bring up Jeff organically?

Jane is just one of several people in Wendi's orbit who have never spoken publicly about the case. (The women that Wendi met for lunch that day are also in that category.) One way or another, their testimony could end up playing a large factor at trial.

The LaCasse discussion starts at 2:13:34:
For some reason, I see Wendi subtly manipulating Jane into suggesting Jeff, and then subtly making it seem like she doesn’t want to tell the cops about him, but Jane thinks she really should. It’s subtle, but to me that’s what it looks like. The inflection on “Jane. Who could have done this?” to me it’s so dramatic, it’s like she’s trying to draw Jane in, make her feel like she’s part of some great drama, make her want to help. Listen to Jane on the phone to who I presume is her husband, she says “I suggested Jeff LaCasse,” and I hear the same sense of drama and self-importance in her voice.

I understood what you are / were alleging about the apartment and as I said it may very well have been rented in anticipation for her move and part of the plan. Also, I’m not sure they had all three places simultaneously (Coral Springs, the Icon and ‘Wendi’s condo).

Regardless, my question to you was - ‘how does that implicate Wendi’?
They had all 3 places simultaneously.
So you are thinking they rented a place for Wendi, without her wondering (had the first attempt been successful) when the place was rented? Do you think she did not know the lease agreement for the place?
Or are you going to suggest, as you have that once again “she only found out after the fact”?

So why did she lie that she moved back to Coral Springs with her parents?

Last edited:
No, this was specifically for Wendi.
They has a place already rented in the ICON.

Thats why it is such an important piece of evidence.
If she never put her address on that work order for Dans roof, it would never have been found out.
Patty found it.

Everything is close on South beach. The boys were in a prestigious school zone.
When Donna and Harvey left S. Beach , they moved over the bridge off of Miami Beach on Brickell Ave, also on the beach but a distance away. That was 12/29/2021 (purchased)
Called Bristol Towers
I thought they rented the place in Icon after they left the Continuum. My impression was always that Charlie rented a place in Continuum to share with his parents, and then Wendi moved in with the parents and Charlie went back to FLL after the murder. Then, at some point they rented the place in Icon, and Wendi moved to the place she’s been in ever since.

The key is whether there are 2 Continuum leases. I do know about the work order, the address is Continuum. But it’s not really in dispute that Wendi lived with them at Continuum after the murder, so having that address on the work order doesn’t really tell us anything new.. If that’s the only unit in Continuum they ever leased, they could explain it that they initially shared it with Charlie and then Wendi moved in after the murder.

There is evidence for that. The party for Harvey’s bday took place in Continuum, and that’s where the beach photo was taken, per Katie. On one of the texts they showed at trial, from before the murder, Donna asks Charlie whether he wants to use the apartment that weekend. So to me the evidence shows that the parents were already using that place before the murder. Then Wendi moved in afterward.

But if they had rented a SECOND place in Continuum before the murder, then to me that looks more like they rented the second place specifically for Wendi. How many leases are there? The only one I have seen has the unit number redacted. Is that lease for the same unit number as the one Wendi wrote on the work order? We don’t know.

Another clue would be when the boys were registered for school in South Beach, and whether there’s evidence that all that was in place before the murder. The murder took place in July and school starts in South Beach in late August, which doesn’t give one a lot of time to register, although of course it could be done.

Of course, none of this precludes their having rented that one unit at Continuum and shared it with Charlie with the eventual expectation that their daughter would need it after the murder.

Last edited:
They didn’t have the apartment at the Icon, I don’t believe, until after the murder. They lived with Wendi at Contunuum at first, then they each got places of their own later.

They had all 3 places simultaneously.
So you are thinking they rented a place for Wendi, without her wondering (had the first attempt been successful) when the place was rented? Do you think she did not know the lease agreement for the place?
Or are you going to suggest, as you have that once again “she only found out after the fact”?

So why did she lie that she moved back to Coral Springs with her parents?

Okay. I’ll take your word for it but question remains - ‘how does that implicate Wendi’?

Its has already been widely speculated that the place they rented was in anticipation for her move - that is not a new theory. Although it cant be proven it was rented for Wendi, I agree its a reasonable assumption since Donna was CLEARLY in on the plot BUT its speaks more to Donna & Harvey guilt than to Wendi’s.

I thought they rented the place in Icon after they left the Continuum. My impression was always that Charlie rented a place in Continuum to share with his parents, and then Wendi moved in with the parents and Charlie went back to FLL after the murder. Then, at some point they either rented a separate place or found the place in Icon.

The key is whether there are 2 Continuum leases. I do know about the work order, the address is Continuum. But it’s not really in dispute that Wendi lived with them at Contunuum after the murder, so having that address on the work order doesn’t really tell us anything new.. If that’s the only unit in Continuum they ever leased, they could explain it that they initially shared it with Charlie and then Wendi moved in after the murder.

The party for Harvey’s bday took place in Continuum, and that’s where the beach photo was taken, per Katie. So the parents were already using that place before the murder. Then Wendi moved in afterward.

But if they already had rented a place in Icon, or if they rented a second place in Continuum before the murder, then to me that looks more like they rented the second place specifically for Wendi.

Another clue would be when the boys were registered for school in South Beach, and whether there’s evidence that all that was in place before the murder. The murder took place in July and school starts in South Beach in late August, which doesn’t give one a lot of time to register, although of course it could be done.
My understanding (and its way past my bedtime) is that Charlie had a condo in Aventura that he shared with another guy-maybe Ryan F. I can’t remember.
He was discussing on a wire tap about his parents renting another apartment in the same building. He didn’t share any S Beach apartment with them. He lived full time in Ft Lauderdale, 45 minutes away. The condo he had wasn’t mentioned much> I forgot where it was mentioned. Maybe in his younger, wilder days.

D and H already had their own place rented in the Icon when the Continuim was rented.
They stayed there TH-Sun as H was still working M-F.

Last edited:
Okay. I’ll take your word for it but question remains - ‘how does that implicate Wendi’?

Its has already been widely speculated that the place they rented was in anticipated for her move - that is not a new theory. Although it cant be proven it was rented for Wendi, I agree its a reasonable assumption since Donna was CLEARLY in on the plot BUT its speaks more to Donna & Harvey guilt than to Wendi’s.
Of course it does speak more to Donnas part, but when Wendi found out her lease was up in May 2015, you don’t think she would have known her family was in on it?
Now I know you are going to say that this also doesn’t implicate Wendi, but we know she admits that she stopped speaking to her parents about the murder in 2016, right?
So she is fine letting her mother raise her kids when they had her ex husband, and the father of the kids murdered?
As Georgia says, “use your common sense”.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back