A Message From Marc Klaas. WE DID IT. Over 4100 dollars raised.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did it! I've been reading your posts involving printing, Tricia, and I just didn't know anyone who could help. I feel good about helping you and Marc, but just one thing: Is there some kind of FB linky I can post to perhaps get MORE people to help? Thanks!

What a great idea!!! I know my FB friends would donate!

Marc are you there? Help me out buddy.

I'm thinking about gifting you (edited: gifting your non-profit foundation), but before I do (as always), I'm looking on your website for information on 501(c)3 status and can't find it? Also, I can't find anything per an an annual statement of account which I would like to look at.

Can you help me find you at the attorney general's website?

http://ag.ca.gov/charities/eri.php#Location:Default

So far I have been unable to find you, what am I doing wrong? :(

Help me to help you... I need to know how to locate the above info. You can send me a private message in here OR let us all know this important info.

Okay, guess I'm just missing something what does this Race have to do with missing children? When I clicked on learn more, it just told me how to enter the race, etc. Would I not be better off just donating directly to the Klaas Kids site?

How are they keeping track of the donations from Websleuths made via Paypal?

It's not going to be hard because he rarely gets donations. Also there is a place for a "note" and you can write that it is from Websleuths there.

I'm thinking about gifting you (edited: gifting your non-profit foundation), but before I do (as always), I'm looking on your website for information on 501(c)3 status and can't find it? Also, I can't find anything per an an annual statement of account which I would like to look at.

Help me to help you... I need to know how to locate the above info. You can send me a private message in here OR let us all know this important info.

I'll get you the info ASAP. Marc is probably still up. I thought it was on his site.

Right back.

Did it! I've been reading your posts involving printing, Tricia, and I just didn't know anyone who could help. I feel good about helping you and Marc, but just one thing: Is there some kind of FB linky I can post to perhaps get MORE people to help? Thanks!

Why don't you link to this thread or you can explain it briefly and link to the donation page on KlaasKids right here
https://secure.vwswebs.com/klaaskids/pg-help.htm

Marc just approached me about this yesterday so nothing is set up on his site about donating for the printing costs.

FYI if Websleuths does manage to raise the money for all the fliers then Websleuths will be the official sponsor and let me tell you this is a big deal.

If we get more people who see us and come to our site more and more people will read about our missing people and step in to help.

And that is what this is all about. We come full circle. Someone donates some money for a flier, Websleuths name is on the Fireball run posters, someone sees it and comes to Websleuths and is able to help with a missing person. I LOVE IT.

Thank you all so much for donating and keeping donating. Really 5 bucks will go a long way and help so much.

Wrinkles, I will get you the 501c info. I just text-ed Marc but he may be on the road.

I love you guys. Thank you. You are making me cry happy tears.

Don't know when all the money has to be in but maybe we coulld have a couple "post-a-thons" ("Web-a-thons"?) over the next couple of weeks where we have a thread like this and whoever makes a donation gets to post on it. (or maybe a private thread where whoever donated got to say anything they want about another poster without getting timed out. :) (LOL, I bet a lot of people would pay five bucks to do that!) or something similar but more positive).

ETA: Don't know if anyone thinks the idea above is decent or not but I wanted to add to it. We cold have people volunteer and sign up to be 'roasted' by their fellow posters so they would know it was all in good fun and not be offended. Then for five or ten bucks you could post about or too the persons being roasted.

OH MY LORD. LOL. This post just made my stomach flip flop.

Can you imagine if we let people post whatever they wanted because they made a donation? HAHAHAHA. Oh Lordy.

What do you all think of Jack's idea?

I always donate to KK every year (along with Texas Equasearch), and this year will be the same. Though I do have to make it $25.00 instead of $50.00 cuz I'm unemployed-- plus I need my beanie bear :)

Is there a way I can reference WS in my donation? or is that against TOS?

GO MARC!

Mel

We WANT you to reference WS. YES Please say it is from WS. Thank you so much. You are very generous

Okay, guess I'm just missing something what does this Race have to do with missing children? When I clicked on learn more, it just told me how to enter the race, etc. Would I not be better off just donating directly to the Klaas Kids site?

Each team represents a missing child. Each team gets 1000 fliers of the missing child and pass them out while they race. That way the child gets a lot of attention and their face out there.

It is my understanding there are 35 teams so far and there may be more.

I'll have Marc explain it more but from what I understand it is an amazing event and it gets the kids out there who do not have the media exposure the other missing kids do. I know their families are so grateful for the attention their child is FINALLY getting.

For Face Book:

You Can Help Recover America's Missing Children.

Donate 5 dollars or more to KlaasKids.org for the Fireball Run. A nationwide race to help raise awareness of missing kids. We're racing to recover America's Missing Children.

To make your tax deductible donate to KlaasKids.org go here

https://secure.vwswebs.com/klaaskids/pg-help.htm

To read about the Fireball Run go here:
http://fireballrun.com/index.php

Your donation goes to printing fliers to be passed out by teams all over the country. We are out to recover America's missing kids.

Word it however you like but you get the idea. You can also link back to this thread because we do answer a lot of questions.

I just spoke to Marc and he said that yes, each team receives 1000 posters of a child. The goal of the team is to hand out those fliers and post them in every place they go. The end goal is to recover America's missing kids.

The fliers will be all over the US. Can you imagine how a family will feel knowing their child's picture is up all over the U.S? And it could happen. We could recover many children just by doing this.

We have a long way to go. Donation of 5 dollars or more. We need to raise 2600 in the next week or so. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Tricia

Marc just sent this to me. Hope this is what you need. If not let me know.

Attachments

Done! I always donate to Klaas Kids. Tho I have no personal experience of how/why I know or appreciate Marc and ALL THAT HE HAS DONE, nontheless The respect I have for this man and the infinite amount of ways he has made a difference in this world, ALL in the name of his precious Polly!
Marc truly is one of the very very few "Klaas Acts"

I donated, but was too quick with the pay button and forgot to mention Websleuths. D'oh!

Done---Mahalo from Hawaii Marc :)

I forgot to put a note that I'm from WS :D

Done---Mahalo from Hawaii Marc :)

I forgot to put a note that I'm from WS :D

It's OK. Trust me he knows the donations are from us. I am sure he has never had this many donations back to back ever.

Thanks again you guys. I really appreciate it.

Tricia

Done! Klasskids does great work! I paid using paypal --took 30 seconds- and in the instructions to seller I mentioned websleuths.

Just did mine too. I followed your suggestion and put "Websleuths Member" in the "Instructions to seller" field.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4
Back