A new beginning for the Anthonys?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I imagine that HC's family is a little bit raw right now. I know I wouldn't want to be faced with the "worse case scenario". To me, right now, that's what George represents. How comforting can that be? JMHO

I cannot imagine this family that hasn't even begun to heal could offer any comfort. George is far too angry to help. He needs to come to terms with his own situation and begin the healing process b/f he starts "helping" others.

While addressing the reporters at Haleigh's parents place, George said something like, (not exact quote) "They need support. They need help." And then he said (exact quote) "They need me".

I was stunned to hear him say that. I am still ruminating what he truly meant by that. Or maybe I am wondering more what the psychology behind that statement was. It was sad and pathetic. It was far more about HIM than it was about Haleigh's family.

Is it that George wants to be needed?
Is he trying to prove he has a place in the world of missing child advocates?

Whatever his true reasons are, altruistic or self-serving, I still maintain he and his family do not have the credibility or profile to counsel the families of missing children. If they want to honor Caylee and help others, many good suggestions have been posted here on WS.

Why do they insist on something that keeps them in front of cameras and in convenient reach of coffers of money?

ITA :clap:

I agree, and Dennis M. obviously has very few people skills, so KFN would want to use someone like George. Sad really that George can't see the truth that is right in front of him. All he would have to do is google KFN.
So is this like a paying job?

Perhaps not this case.. but if people are made more aware of and better understand the signs and symptoms of these types of illnesses perhaps they may be able to ward off an similar situation in their own life, with their own child or co-worker or whoever. Mental illness is not simply a family's problem, it effects us ALL and people need to realize that stuff like this is going to keep happening. I'd think society would be getting tired of it and begin to ask the important questions.. things like "WHY?!?!" and "What makes people like this and how can we stop it from happening?"

It seems, to me anyway, that THAT is where the concern should be!
It definitely would be a different approach.

With so much going on in Caylee's murder, GA goes up to Haleigh home.........to interfere?
GA is no MKLass, Lunsford or John Walsh..........
GA should clean up his own house before he gets his nose in someone else's.......
The family doesn't need GA...........Caylee was not kidnapped by a stranger, she was murdered by his daughter! IMO.........go home.............GA
I'm surprised GA didn't bring kidfinders and started to sell T shirts for Haleigh's family!
GA PLEASE GO TELL THE TRUTH FOR CAYLEE! You never looked for her, and you were LE one time. IMO

Bold mine.

Ummm...if you saw the video of George talking to the press when he arrived to give support to Haleigh's family, at one point in the video, DM of KFN is seen. Guess the rolling billboard, t-shirts, and donation jars are not far behind. :rolleyes:

They have had some success collecting money. They all might be good @ security. They are capable of making anything into a weapon (hose w/ water, hammer). Public relations certainly is not their forte.

Also, organizing memorials, making media binders, making how-to videos on "How to Converse with LEO". :crazy:

Yeah.. Poor George. He's the "family victim". They usually come stock with this type of family! IMO

Hey everybody has a role to play come on. ...sad part I don't think the Anthnoy's even think they have a problem or see it or would every admit it if they did ..I think you mentioned this before but i would love to read a case study of this family from a mental health experts point of few..

I cannot imagine this family that hasn't even begun to heal could offer any comfort. George is far too angry to help. He needs to come to terms with his own situation and begin the healing process b/f he starts "helping" others.

Yes, he is. His anger jumped out at me during the interview when he first arrived in Satsuma.

Also, organizing memorials, making media binders, making how-to videos on "How to Converse with LEO". :crazy:

Aaah... so pretending to be a cop was "research"?

How to converse with LEO??? Seriously? That guy can't even talk to the press without losing it and putting his hands on someone.

While addressing the reporters at Haleigh's parents place, George said something like, (not exact quote) "They need support. They need help." And then he said (exact quote) "They need me".

I was stunned to hear him say that. I am still ruminating what he truly meant by that. Or maybe I am wondering more what the psychology behind that statement was. It was sad and pathetic. It was far more about HIM than it was about Haleigh's family.

Whatever his true reasons are, altruistic or self-serving, I still maintain he and his family do not have the credibility or profile to counsel the families of missing children. If they want to honor Caylee and help others, many good suggestions have been posted here on WS.

Why do they insist on something that keeps them in front of cameras and in convenient reach of coffers of money?
I have to say I was stunned too when GA adamantly announced that Haleigh's parents needed him along with hope and support. I agree with every thing you've said. He is way too angry to be of any help if that was his true motive.

While going through these most recent post here it is easy to see that a few of us are feeling uncomfortable with the A's after the memorial. We've all had time to let emotions settle a bit. I was searching for a word to describe my unsettle feelings that remain and the word that hit me in the face was, "Posturing" in the verb sense. Meaning, "To act in an affected or artificial manner. As to create a certain impression" This is what I'm seeing with the 3 family members to date.

While I may not have agreed with how some things were handled by the A's I have been supportive of them because they have been going through a horrific nightmare.

This could be a new beginning for everyone, not just the Anthony's. I truly hope everyone can find some healing through closure and the belief that Caylee is in a better place. While she has passed, she lives on through so many of us.
:clap::clap:A very compassionate post. I am with you on this.
While I do not see it as a new beginning; I see it as one chapter has closed, and Caylee can now RIP.
The next chapter will be about Justice for Caylee's demise.

I too have been supportive of them, and we do not have to like them to see that they have been going through a horrific time, to be compassionate.
They did not harm anyone; they are dysfunctional, (wich is not a crime)
and I would venture to say

Just a thought:
Often times it is really important to give; sometimes when your personal world is falling apart, the way to heal is to do things for other people.
When you give and help it helps you in many ways while it certainly helps the people you re generously giving to.
While he may not have the counseling background he does have two things: He has some LE background and due to his own family catastrophe he also has the media.
As long as he can keep the media on this case it is a good thing. If he can hug someone, or make one call it is a good thing.

I am personally tired of everyone making the Anthony's into monsters.
Yes they are dysfunctional and so is a huge percentage of our population.
But that does not mean they can not support, or help, in fact it will keep their minds off Caylee a Little bit, and nothing is wrong with that so that they can regroup as a family.
Caylee will forever be a hole in their hearts and lives.

:clap::clap:A very compassionate post. I am with you on this.
While I do not see it as a new beginning; I see it as one chapter has closed, and Caylee can now RIP.
The next chapter will be about Justice for Caylee's demise.

I too have been supportive of them, and we do not have to like them to see that they have been going through a horrific time, to be compassionate.
They did not harm anyone; they are dysfunctional, (wich is not a crime)
and I would venture to say

Every family has some level of dysfunction. Most of us would be a lot more sympathetic if the Anthony Family would just mourn in silence. It is not about liking them. They have interfered w/ a murder investigation and have used Caylee's murder as a means to profit. I cannot respect them and refuse to excuse their behavior. If the A's were your granddaughter's other set of grandparents, how would you feel?

Just a thought:
Often times it is really important to give; sometimes when your personal world is falling apart, the way to heal is to do things for other people.
When you give and help it helps you in many ways while it certainly helps the people you re generously giving to.
While he may not have the counseling background he does have two things: He has some LE background and due to his own family catastrophe he also has the media.
As long as he can keep the media on this case it is a good thing. If he can hug someone, or make one call it is a good thing.

But that does not mean they can not support, or help, in fact it will keep their minds off Caylee a Little bit, and nothing is wrong with that so that they can regroup as a family.

I do not find it appropriate for a man in his mental condition to be advising others. He is angry and unstable right now. One has to come to terms w/ his own situation b/f he starts guiding others.
The reputation of this family is awful. Parents of missing children do not want to associate w/ them I am sure. I know I wouldn't. They instantly kill the credibility of those they are involved with.

While going through these most recent post here it is easy to see that a few of us are feeling uncomfortable with the A's after the memorial. We've all had time to let emotions settle a bit. I was searching for a word to describe my unsettle feelings that remain and the word that hit me in the face was, "Posturing" in the verb sense. Meaning, "To act in an affected or artificial manner. As to create a certain impression" This is what I'm seeing with the 3 family members to date.

great term and ITA. :clap:

Every family has some level of dysfunction. Most of us would be a lot more sympathetic if the Anthony Family would just mourn in silence. It is not about liking them. They have interfered w/ a murder investigation and have used Caylee's murder as a means to profit. I cannot respect them and refuse to excuse their behavior. If the A's were your granddaughter's other set of grandparents, how would you feel?

I so agree with everything you've said here. I actually think it's quite selfish and cruel for the A's to insert themselves into the Haleigh case. These people (Haleigh's) are so stunned and devastated the last thing they need right now is any additional confusion and pressure. GA should attend to his own affairs, and he's got plenty. What in the world does he have to contribute to such a serious matter of a missing child? He should leave Haleigh's family alone. He has nothing, nothing to offer except extremely bad advice.

FTO-The Anthony's originally wanted a privet Memorial, but the public went up in arms about that.
It is the public that was absorbed in this case that needed to have the public Memorial for their closur,
and the Anthony's agreed to do that.
I do not believe that they used anything to profit; I do know that they did not have the means
to hire attorneys, I do know that papartzi pays well; and I do not call it profiting.
I do not think they are getting rich off this, but it may help to pay the cost of the legal help
that they need.

I have a daughter with mental problems, My thoughts of the world before I encountered the things my daughter has done, AND what I know I had to go through is not the same.
But I still have unconditional love.
I wish I could still see the world with my Rose Colored glasses, and I wish I can alway go with what
I believe is RIGHT...
Sometimes I have to go with what will help to heal, and believe it or not those who know me think I have amazing strength and love.
So your last question - Caylee was gone, and the Anthony's deep inside knew, PARENT KNOW,
They also smelled the car and knew they lost Casey too.
AS Parents they are trying to keep her away from the general population in prison,
I can not fault them for that, they ARE parents, and now they know they are parents of a not mentally balanced girl, (They do not often get diagnosed in time).
ALSO: It is still possible that While Casey panicked and had something to do with hiding Caylee's body, that the baby was harmed in a Bordello, I still believe that.
As Casey's parents they are going through HELL

Respectfully snipped:

Just a thought:

I haven't posted at all on this thread, but I'd like to suggest that the basis for most of our unfavorable opinions about GA going to Satsuma is this: We desperately needed a vacation from GA and CA and LA and all the emotional upheaval and controversey associated with them. At the conclusion of the memorial, I thought we would enjoy a badly needed respite from the A's for a few weeks, or at least until the next document dump.

Maybe I'm the only one who felt this way, but when I turned on the morning news only a day and a half after that heart-wrenching memorial, and saw George's face filling my television screen--live from Satsuma--I let out a cry of disbelief. And when he ended this interview by saying in an emotion-clogged voice, "They need me," I felt like screaming! I grabbed the remote and turned the tv off without ever finding out how Haleigh's case was progressing.

I have the greatest sympathy and pity for GA, but after seven long months of Anthony Angst I needed a break from George and the emotions he evokes. :)

ETA: I just realized that I would be very supportive of George's efforts and his intentions, IF he would refuse to be interviewed while he's in Satsuma. (And that has nothing to do with my desire for a respite from him. LOL)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back