A Poll - When did you decide that Casey was guilty?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

When did you decide that Casey was guilty?

• When I heard the 911 call from Cindy on the news

Votes: 195 43.5%
  • After hearing Casey's interview with LE

Votes: 133 29.7%
  • After one of the first document dumps

Votes: 18 4.0%
  • After the party photos were released

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • After Caylee was found

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • I'm still undecided about her guilt

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • I still think she's innocent

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Other (feel free to explain)

Votes: 55 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest thing is 31 days.....along with no pleading, not crying out in pain for her daughter...NOTHING---just the flat flat affect of her voice telling her "story" :furious:

I realize this is getting into another topic, but I'll ask it anyway. Who else would be involved in this mess that Casey would not try to throw under the bus and take the hit for? No one, in my opinion. This is too sinister and crazy for two or more people to be involved and trust that the other won't rat the other out. No way. Casey acted alone on this one - and she's going to spend her life behind bars for it.

Totally agree. There is noone that would be brave enough not to have stepped forward by now and tell what they know - and I TRULY don't believe KC would trust ANYONE to keep their mouth shut - she'd lie and never confide in anyone - there is no way someone else had a hand in this despite what Annie said (that KC was not smart enough to pull this off).

Big surprise - she didn't pull it off, she got caught. She was stupid in covering herself.

As for the fact that someone in her FAMILY could have helped cover it up... I am still unsure about this. I don't think the A's had anything to do with covering up but you never know how the family of a murderer will react when their daughter has done a deed so horrific and now faces life in prison.

But killing that beautiful baby and covering (or trying) to cover is SOLELY KC and only KC.

As of now, 2 people believe KC is innocent still.

I don't want to flame or beat anyone up for thinking or believing this, but I am so curious what leads to to believe this?

I'm sure for fear of being flamed (I think I would be afraid also) I'm sure you won't publicize that you voted this way and make it known, but I would love to pretend you are a jury member and I am a jury member and hear you convince me that she is innocent.

I am just trying to understand the thought process and the other side because I truly thought at this point noone thought she was innocent.

I remember saying, "I think the mother did it" the day or two after Cindy called 911, while reading one of the first articles on the case. It was the same immediate feeling I got when I read about Laci Peterson a couple days after Christmas. I knew right away (or felt right away) that Scott Peterson was guilty, and I had the same feeling with Casey.

two things:

1) when she strutted by, under arrest, smirking in her stolen blue top

2) and what sealed it for me was the BOND HEARING

The Target shopping video was, to me, more damning because it came out after more evidence had been revealed and showed Casey just going about her normal life and playing house-- shopping, cooking etc as if it were just a normal day.

She's like: Hmmm hmm hmm, la la la. Everything's fine. Hm Hm. :dance::winko:

She's like: Hmmm hmm hmm, la la la. Everything's fine. Hm Hm. :dance::winko:

Watching the target video made me so sick. I was disgusted by this monster - so carefree and UGH! I can't go on.

Guilty = when I learned Casey let 31 days go by before her daughter was reported missing (by her mother, Cindy, no less).
You just don't ignore a missing child unless you are trying to cover up why that child is gone!
jmo

EXCELLENT POINT - I thought the SAME thing about Casey during the Universal interview.

The detectives kept interrupting each other and answering their own questions and I was like "STOP IT! Let her stew in silence. It will break her!!!! It is an interrogation method - to sit there and let the suspect go crazy in silence until they talk to fill the quiet and then they KEEP talking.
They already knew that (a) Caylee very likely had been dead for 31 days, and (b) Casey was not going to crack.

Look, they're experienced interviewers. Men who know what they can and cannot extract from a sociopath. When they gave her silences to fill, she just filled them with garbage. They didn't require that of her.

I wasn't convinced until they found the remains.

They already knew that (a) Caylee very likely had been dead for 31 days, and (b) Casey was not going to crack.

Look, they're experienced interviewers. Men who know what they can and cannot extract from a sociopath. When they gave her silences to fill, she just filled them with garbage. They didn't require that of her.
Again, another good point. However, if you listen to the interview carefully, there are times when KC seems to start saying something in response to YM, but the other detective begins talking over her. I keep replaying it, because to me it really seemed as though she was going to say something important. I need to go back and transcribe just that little section to emphasize what I mean.

EXAMPLES OF WHERE I THINK SHE MAY HAVE GIVEN SOME CLUES

Example #1

Q: Alright. Now what we have to do is we have to determine which way this is gonna go. Are you... are you a person who's scared about the consequences of what happened? Or are you scared about something that happened? Or are you, are you really this cold callous person who doesn't care about what happened? It's one of these two options.

A: I'm scared that... I don't know where my daughter is.

Q: So...

A: I woould not have put my entire family...

INTERRUPTION

------------------------

Example #2

Q: So once again ok cause you never did answer my question. You're reaching and helping find her by bringing us here to this office that you don't have. It's helping us find her how?

A: It's...

INTERRUPTION

------------------------

EXAMPLE #3

Q: OK, let's go through this again. We're here because? We got here how? To do what?

A: Because I lied. Because I brought you here. And honestly I was reaching for another avenue...

INTERRUPTION

------------------------

EXAMPLE #4

Q: She went on about, you know I miss you mommy, none of that I just... she talked like you said she talked about that book and all that stuff, right? That's it?

A: And when I asked her to give the phone to another adult, to somebody else, she was fine, she was willing to do it, but the phone hung up. She doesn't hang up phones. I know...

INTERRUPTION

------------------------

There are many others throughout this interview, but I wanted to give a few examples of where I thought she might have said something or led them to other clues.

When you MOTHER has to call 911 because you lost your daughter a month ago and didn't bother to tell ANYBODY, the chances that you are NOT guilty are about .0001%.

two things:

1) when she strutted by, under arrest, smirking in her stolen blue top

2) and what sealed it for me was the BOND HEARING

Ahh, the bond hearing. That was the first I had heard of the case, I happened to be at home with my sick 9-days-younger-than-Caylee son, and watched it on the news. The second I heard Yuri testify about the decomp smell in the car trunk, I knew that 1) Casey did it and 2) that I was 110% hooked on this case...

The 31 days did it for me. I knew right away that Caylee was dead and KC did it. Who doesn't report a child missing - nobody except the child's murderer.

Yep. 31 days and "it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car".

After the 911 call. No good mother would wait 31 days to call police, if their child was missing. I also think if CA could go back to the 911 call-knowing what she knows now-she wouldn't have called, and we would never have known a child was missing.

Holy S@#$. I never heard this interview before - I thought I disliked Cindy before. I despise her now.

I feel sick.

The woman is so like her daughter. Narcissistic - everyone wants to talk to me I am famous. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that was disgusting, I'd never heard it before either. KC and CA are two rotten peas in a pod :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025