A pregnant man ?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(my bold)

His body was not permenantly altered. That is what's at issue here.

It's legallycorrect for him to say he is a man having a baby. It's not physiologically correct for him to say he is a male having a baby.

Re pubilicity.....he obviously agreed to go on Oprah's show. So even if initially news people sought him out, he chose to remain in the limelight. Oprah is about as limey as one can get.

As long as a situation is not abusive (IMO this one is not), I don't give a flying fig what sex a person is, what sex they want to be or what sex their having sex with. Same applies to religion and race. That fig went flying the first time I risked my own life for an unknown life.

But I do give a fig about reality. Distorting reality for personal accommodation accompanied with an egocentric expectation of public acceptance seems to be the in-thing these days. The invasive arrogance of it is what forces others to make judgement calls.

I wish the family well. But my reality/judgement call is that I'm not going to lie to my sons, grandsons etc etc for Mr. Beatie's sake. Females have babies.....Males do not.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

(my bold)

It's legallycorrect for him to say he is a man having a baby. It's not physiologically correct for him to say he is a male having a baby.

Re pubilicity.....he obviously agreed to go on Oprah's show. So even if initially news people sought him out, he chose to remain in the limelight. Oprah is about as limey as one can get.

I wish the family well. But my reality/judgement call is that I'm not going to lie to my sons, grandsons etc etc for Mr. Beatie's sake. Females have babies.....Males do not.

No one is denying that, honey!
Mr. Beatie isn't going around with a sign on his back that says 'Pregnant Man'. This, once again, is the media sensationalism. It's something odd, therefore they're taking it and running as far and as fast as they can.

To be honest, this is the only place I've heard Mr. Beatie is having another child. I read the local news paper and a good deal of magazines, and I haven't read about this yet. Beforehand, when Mr. Beatie was pregnant with the first baby, it was in the local newspaper once and I believe in a few of the more gossipy magazines like US and Life and Style.

So he's going on Oprah. What that says to me is that people are curious. Not that he wants money.

If it's such a huge ordeal, don't watch Oprah that day.

No one is denying that, honey!
Mr. Beatie isn't going around with a sign on his back that says 'Pregnant Man'. This, once again, is the media sensationalism. It's something odd, therefore they're taking it and running as far and as fast as they can.

To be honest, this is the only place I've heard Mr. Beatie is having another child. I read the local news paper and a good deal of magazines, and I haven't read about this yet. Beforehand, when Mr. Beatie was pregnant with the first baby, it was in the local newspaper once and I believe in a few of the more gossipy magazines like US and Life and Style.

So he's going on Oprah. What that says to me is that people are curious. Not that he wants money.

If it's such a huge ordeal, don't watch Oprah that day.

"If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner."

I think transgendered individuals are brave. They're taking a leap of faith and permenantly altering their body in hopes that they will live a happier life. That's their own personal choice, but it doesn't give people the right to judge them and call them 'sick.' But that's neither here nor there.

Very well said, thank you! To be blunt, I am sickened by the lack of respect so many posters have shown here. I respect your opinions, I honestly do, but to say things like "that's disgusting", or to call him an "it" is just plain rude. And to not like it because you don't know how to explain it to your child? Let's face it, children will be exposed to all kinds of things in the world. This one is not that hard to explain. Some people are just born different.

We should all be, at the very least, TOLERANT of other peoples differences. This person wishes to live his life as a man. We should respect that. HE is still a person. "Technically" he may not be a pregnant man, but it's still not something you see every day.

I am extremely happy for him. He is happy. And I hope that his family can live and grow in peace.

ETA: November is Transgender Awareness Month. This Thursday is the 9th annual Transgender Day of Remembrance. Not trying to be rude, but maybe some of you should take this time to educate yourselves about some Transgender issues and stories.

Very well said, thank you! To be blunt, I am sickened by the lack of respect so many posters have shown here. I respect your opinions, I honestly do, but to say things like "that's disgusting", or to call him an "it" is just plain rude. And to not like it because you don't know how to explain it to your child? Let's face it, children will be exposed to all kinds of things in the world. This one is not that hard to explain. Some people are just born different.

We should all be, at the very least, TOLERANT of other peoples differences. This person wishes to live his life as a man. We should respect that. HE is still a person. "Technically" he may not be a pregnant man, but it's still not something you see every day.

I am extremely happy for him. He is happy. And I hope that his family can live and grow in peace.

ETA: November is Transgender Awareness Month. This Thursday is the 9th annual Transgender Day of Remembrance. Not trying to be rude, but maybe some of you should take this time to educate yourselves about some Transgender issues and stories.

Oh my GOD, I've been waiting for you for a long time. You're my new best friend! :blowkiss:

Oh my GOD, I've been waiting for you for a long time. You're my new best friend! :blowkiss:

:blowkiss: I was so happy to see there was someone standing up for this man. I was so sick to my stomach after reading the first page full of insults. And also, in my opinion, I couldn't figure out how you weren't being civil either. But then again, someone will probably say the same about my post.

I mean, it's fine if people don't like it. But make your argument more than 'because it's gross' or 'it's being shoved down my throat.' All things media will always be shoved down your throat. 13 year olds aren't remotely interested in the politics that disrupt their television programming. That's being shoved down their throat. However, it's important to someone, isn't it?

Regardless, I wish this family luck. I've found that families in diversity are usually the most loving. Unfortunately, they have something to prove, with millions of eyes on them.

hmmm...i more or less agree with you 2. really, i wish them well & am sure those kiddies will grow up in a very loving & caring environment. where i live, i see plenty of straight people who probably shouldn't have kids (I'm thinking of poor little Baby P in England right now).

anyway, the media always blows things out of proportion & everyone just hops on the bandwagon, buying those papers, magazines & watching the tv progs. i agree, it's the media's headline, not Mr B's. i don't sense that they are doing it for money, really. perhaps they felt it better to 'come out' about it themselves, rather than some 3rd party blabbing. as stated in the article, how would they be able to go about their daily lives and keep it a secret?

also, youshouldveknown, i didn't find your comments rude at all! i think you've kept it very pithy & civilised :)

Overall I wish them well. I think the children will have a difficult time understanding how they came into the world and will most likely face ridicule from their peers. I'm undecided on whether or not their parents should have explained "daddy carried you" at this point, and the mom said on a TV interview she tells her child this everyday. (Do they really need to be reminded everyday?) I can only imagine starting kindergarten and talk of babies- as girls will play with dolls and play house - and having a child trying to discuss this... without being corrected. I see that happening in KG already with my own child.

on a humorous note, every male that resembles daddy with a beer belly will be getting double takes. LOL, I did that this weekend when we visited a water park.

I'm sure it will all work out, but I find it odd "daddy" is interested in flaunting his pregnant belly in the media. That I find creepy.

OT first of all I want to say THANK YOU for keeping Shasta and Dylan in the forefront :):)
Now, I'll admit at first I did call him an it...I was not trying to be demeaning to him at all. And as far as trying to explain the situation to my son, I didn't have a hard time doing it and later on after the shock wore off I was able to make him understand it fully. We have raised them to accept everyone no matter what. I really do not think it is disgusting, but it is different when a kid sees what appears to be a man, giving birth. He knows now that he used to be a woman and that is how it was possible for this to happen. On the other hand, I do not feel comfortable with a kid thinking that a man can actually have a baby. If my children came to me one day and told me that they have found the love of their life..and this person just happens to be the same sex as them, we would accept them into our family unconditionally. I'm sorry I am just rambling on.

I think it's unconventional. But it's not yucky or bizarre or disgusting. A transexual and a woman fell in love and wanted to have a baby. She could not. He could. What in the world is so wrong with that?

IMHO it is not yucky or bizarre that she had a baby what is yucky and biazzre is to think the world believes a pregnant man gave birth! She is a woman not a man. There is nothing unusual about this at all, it really isn't even news! Women give birth everyday.

I don't have a problem with a transgendered person having a baby. If you have a uterus, that's what it's for, right? And they seem to be a very loving couple who will love their children.

I do have a problem with televising every intimate moment of your life for money, though. I didn't even want my baby's father taking pictures in the delivery room-imagine television cameras!

"If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner."

I have sat quietly reading this thread intending to respond to the story after I read every post.. until I came across this, your post. youshouldveknown has been pretty much the only person acting mature and civil on this thread- how on earth can you claim otherwise?

I am sickened by how some people have resonded to this story. I keep reading attempts to justify reactions and the main thing I am seeing is-"ewww, he, she, it, gross!" and then "I have gay, transgender friends and they are wonderful people and I find nothing wrong with it but... eww, he she it." Like having a transgender friend makes it OK to slam this couple. It's obvious what these people really think about their transgender "friends" and that is sad!

I am so surprised by the responses here.. many by people I have had a reasonable amount of respect for. This ain't the 50's no more, times are changing, people are changing. This isn't your world, it's ours and these people deserve respect too. "It", wtf?!

OT first of all I want to say THANK YOU for keeping Shasta and Dylan in the forefront :):)
Now, I'll admit at first I did call him an it...I was not trying to be demeaning to him at all. And as far as trying to explain the situation to my son, I didn't have a hard time doing it and later on after the shock wore off I was able to make him understand it fully. We have raised them to accept everyone no matter what. I really do not think it is disgusting, but it is different when a kid sees what appears to be a man, giving birth. He knows now that he used to be a woman and that is how it was possible for this to happen. On the other hand, I do not feel comfortable with a kid thinking that a man can actually have a baby. If my children came to me one day and told me that they have found the love of their life..and this person just happens to be the same sex as them, we would accept them into our family unconditionally. I'm sorry I am just rambling on.

Oh but you were! And then you went on to say "there outta be a law".

I have sat quietly reading this thread intending to respond to the story after I read every post.. until I came across this, your post. youshouldveknown has been pretty much the only person acting mature and civil on this thread- how on earth can you claim otherwise?

I am sickened by how some people have resonded to this story. I keep reading attempts to justify reactions and the main thing I am seeing is-"ewww, he, she, it, gross!" and then "I have gay, transgender friends and they are wonderful people and I find nothing wrong with it but... eww, he she it." Like having a transgender friend makes it OK to slam this couple. It's obvious what these people really think about their transgender "friends" and that is sad!

I am so surprised by the responses here.. many by people I have had a reasonable amount of respect for. This ain't the 50's no more, times are changing, people are changing. This isn't your world, it's ours and these people deserve respect too. "It", wtf?!

:clap: Thank you. If some of these poster's gay or transgender "friends" saw what they posted here, they would likely be extremely offended. Most of these "friends" are not friends at all.

IMO this is not a truthful story. If my husband got pregnant......(yuck.....than double yuck as he's old).....he would be a pregnant man. A feat we've yet to see accomplished in a male born man.

This is story about a female who legally....and to some degree physically.... became a man. To quote Beatie:
"Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights.........because I wanted to have a child one day".

Female hormones are a necessity for conception. And it was a normal delivery via the birth canal right down to the head crowning. Brings "I am woman hear me roar......" to mind.

IMO Love has little to do with exploitation. These babies, pre & post natally, are being exploited by their parents. Is there ever any acceptable reason for exploiting children?

This story is not one where publicity can be an opportunity to empower others with the strength to reach for their dream. It does not offer hope to any male born man who's emotionally distraught by his desire to bear a child.

IMO Whether it be male or female feet in the stirrups...the only logical reason for giving up what are some of the most precious, loving, private moments a family will experience......is a selfish quest for money and fame.

(my bold)

As long as a situation is not abusive (IMO this one is not), I don't give a flying fig what sex a person is, what sex they want to be or what sex their having sex with. Same applies to religion and race. That fig went flying the first time I risked my own life for an unknown life.

But I do give a fig about reality. Distorting reality for personal accommodation accompanied with an egocentric expectation of public acceptance seems to be the in-thing these days. The invasive arrogance of it is what forces others to make judgement calls.

I am so surprised by the responses here.. many by people I have had a reasonable amount of respect for. This ain't the 50's no more, times are changing, people are changing. This isn't your world, it's ours and these people deserve respect too. "It", wtf?![/QUOTE]

IMO "No one is denying that, honey!" is condescending in nature and is not conducive to mature discussion. Hence the "If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner."

All my posts have been included in this post. Please point to where in my posts you see me making these statements:

ewww, he, she, it, gross!"

have gay, transgender friends and they are wonderful people

I find nothing wrong with it

I did indeed write the following:

If my husband got pregnant......(yuck.....than double yuck as he's old).....he would be a pregnant man.

The yuck usage pertains to my husband.....you obviously weren't present during the sex-after-surgery discussion with the GYN Surgeon last week.....I love my husband but some of the 'here's-how-to' evoked numerous yucks from both of us....as well as laughter over the mental images of attempting such how-to's at our age.

My posts pertained to the physiological misrepresentation etc made by both Mr. Beatie and the media and physiological beliefs I hold. Not once did I use derogatory words to describe Mr. Beatie.

Please do not quote my posts unless you intend to address my words, and my words only, in a mature manner.

:clap: Thank you. If some of these poster's gay or transgender "friends" saw what they posted here, they would likely be extremely offended. Most of these "friends" are not friends at all.

I agree and is what I find most disgusting.

the world believes a pregnant man gave birth! She is a woman not a man. There is nothing unusual about this at all, it really isn't even news! Women give birth everyday.

Sleuthin4fun, do you really think the whole world thinks that a man gave birth? Of course not. Just like everyone else, they were curious by the headline, read the article and discovered that Mr. Beatie used to be a woman. For those who DIDN'T read the article, well.. that's unfortunate for them.

By the way, Mr. Beatie is considered a man, although he retains biological female organs. Referring to him as a woman is offensive. If you read anything about transgenders, you'll find that this could almost be the equivalent to calling a dwarf a midget. If you don't agree that he is male, then it's socially acceptable to refer to him as a transgender, but the pronouns should always consistant with the way the individual is currently living their life.

I found this website and thought it was interesting.

http://www.mlp.org/resources/mlptgn.html

OneLostGirl, I want to say thank you. I always try to be civil.

Capoly, I apologize if you read something into my comment that wasn't intentionally there. It happens a lot on message boards, forums and in email. I assure you, I wasn't trying to be condescending.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back