A REAL 3 Page Ransom Note

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Mackle case is pure Georgia history. My inlaws and their children were from Georgia (Fulton and Telfair Counties) and occasionally they discussed it, as did their friends and acquaintances, long before JonBenet was even thought of. Patsy may have known about this case.

The Mackle case is pure Georgia history. My inlaws and their children were from Georgia (Fulton and Telfair Counties) and occasionally they discussed it, as did their friends and acquaintances, long before JonBenet was even thought of. Patsy may have known about this case.

I've never heard of this crime.

Seems to me Patsy had to have had knowledge of the crime and did her best, under stress,to replicate the drama. Even if it were subconsciously. I believe Patsy wrote the note and the above note had some influence on what she wrote. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've never heard of this crime.

Seems to me Patsy had to have had knowledge of the crime and did her best, under stress,to replicate the drama. Even if it were subconsciously. I believe Patsy wrote the note and the above note had some influence on what she wrote. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
The length and format are so similar, that IMO, it looks like PR may have had the book and used it as a guide.

I remember hearing about the case when I was a kid, but I never heard about the long ransom note.

The length and format are so similar, that IMO, it looks like PR may have had the book and used it as a guide.

Dodie, (see names and link below) a couple who owned a Boulder bookstore were among those subpoenaed to appear before JonBenet's grand jury. I have no clue what their testimony consisted of but I thought it odd. I don't recall their names but remember thinking at the time that I didn't recognize their names as anyone who'd been named as being on the Ramsey's A-list of friends.

ETA: Tom and Enid Schantz, owners of Rue Morgue Mystery Bookshop in Boulder (http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm)[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Hi,

I posted this note back in 2005 as a reaction to all the many

posters who always claimed that there were no such things

as three page ransom notes. as you can see, there was indeed

a three page ransom note.

thank-you for reading. i am amazed at the new (to me)

information that used book owners were on the witness list.

in fact i am bowled over. i was sure when i had read this note

for the first time that patsy had "seen" the mackle note also.

the note loses its impact read here. i can't remeber the sign off

but i think it may have been initails. I don't own the book

and at the time was careless, and just got the content

of the note at the library. i will look for another copy of the book

but it has been out of print for years.

Hi,

I posted this note back in 2005 as a reaction to all the many

posters who always claimed that there were no such things

as three page ransom notes. as you can see, there was indeed

a three page ransom note.

thank-you for reading. i am amazed at the new (to me)

information that used book owners were on the witness list.

in fact i am bowled over. i was sure when i had read this note

for the first time that patsy had "seen" the mackle note also.

the note loses its impact read here. i can't remeber the sign off

When I read your post the other night, I was bowled over. Where as most people seemed to focus on a real note versus hoax aspects, I immediately zeroed in on the similarities. When I have time, I'm going to sit down with the notes side by side and compare the similarities. A couple of other things that I found interesting was the Georgia/south connection and a former Miss America starring in the movie. IMO, PR was the type to keep up with what former contestants were doing, so I think her not knowing about this movie was slim. On a side note, I googled the actress and her Miss America swimsuit picture was so similar to PR's, that they could have passed for the same person. moo

i don't know if you noticed but the author of the mackle note

had the word ERGO in his. Patsy, (i mean the writer of the Ramsey note)

had the words and HENCE. these are what i would call $20. words.

Somebody with an education wrote them. as you can all see from my

tortured spelling, it wasn't me.

i don't know if you noticed but the author of the mackle note

had the word ERGO in his. Patsy, (i mean the writer of the Ramsey note)

had the words and HENCE. these are what i would call $20. words.

Somebody with an education wrote them. as you can all see from my

tortured spelling, it wasn't me.
The ones that caught my eye was in the Mackle note, the author used the word rendezvous and in the Ramsey note, the author used the word attaché. I think they're both French words?

Imho, both ransom notes are written by college educated people or well educated people according to their syntax, linguistics, phrasing, context, etc., etc.,

To me, the JBR ransom note writer sounds distinctly "feminine" in nature. Dramatic, non-specific, theatrical, emotional (somewhat angry and personalized towards JR). Suggests: Theatre or English Major and female.

Now, compared with the other ransom note: this one sounds distinctly "masculine" in nature. Detail oriented, results-driven, systematic. Suggests: Scientist, Architect, Engineer and male.

In summary, they read totally different to me.

The ones that caught my eye was in the Mackle note, the author used the word rendezvous and in the Ramsey note, the author used the word attaché. I think they're both French words?

They are fairly commonly used words in the English language which "stole" most of it's words from the Europeans to begin with. English is loaded with words like it and we also use some words as slang or contemporary types of phrases or expressions.

Capice?

I have a near and dear relative who graduated from a journalism

school that she now teaches at. my son was a school teacher

for years. i one time asked them to correct a written sentence

like they would for a student inserting the word "not". the

journalism major did it the way Patsy did (moo). son did not

use the correct way of inserting the word. Years later i asked

the journalism major to take a red pen to the ransom note.

she did and saw only one correction she would have made.

the note hits all the major points in the first paragraph, who

what when ect. i have been unable to move from the conviction

that Patsy wrote the note. it is less about "handwriting", than

content, style, ect.

Hi Delaney, I read that the phone call started with:

'Listen carefully, I will say this only one time. I am the kidnapper of your daughter. Look under the rock at the base of a palm tree near your front gate. Follow instructions there faithfully if you want to see your daughter again.'
"Under the rock was a bottle with three sheets of typewritten paper. They explained that Barbara was buried in a box and would be allowed to "suffocate" if a ransom of $500,000 was not paid, or the police notified.
"The money was to consist of used $20 bills, not in serial order, and bound in $1,000 packets. The ransom was to be put in a single suit case and readied for further instructions.

Hi Delaney, I read that the phone call started with:

'Listen carefully, I will say this only one time. I am the kidnapper of your daughter. Look under the rock at the base of a palm tree near your front gate. Follow instructions there faithfully if you want to see your daughter again.'
"Under the rock was a bottle with three sheets of typewritten paper. They explained that Barbara was buried in a box and would be allowed to "suffocate" if a ransom of $500,000 was not paid, or the police notified.
"The money was to consist of used $20 bills, not in serial order, and bound in $1,000 packets. The ransom was to be put in a single suit case and readied for further instructions.

Interesting that the phone call in the Mackle case and the ransom letter in the Ramsey case both started with "Listen carefully"...

I agree with this guy....

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qVGC0CDVq6s[/ame]

i can't remeber the sign off

my mom has/had this book and i've actually started to read it a few times, most recently this past spring. of course now that i want to find the book to try to answer this for you, i can't find it either here or at mom's lol

i will check a few boxes and get back with an answer if i'm successful :)

thank you for the thread... very interesting!!

I also agree. It was a very well-done program. It sounded like he's been reading here on Websleuths. :cool:

Yes, of course he was. All of the A-listers read here...LOL

I've been reading up on the Mackle kidnapping and ran across a pretty good video. After watching the 1st part, look to the side and you will find parts 2 and 3. All total, the show is about 30 minutes long. And surprisingly, (or not), the similarities to JB's case are striking. I didn't realize til today that Barbara Mackle was kidnapped on December 17, and her kidnappers promised her that she would be freed no later than Christmas. Anyway, here's the link to the part 1. http://youtu.be/_fyxdcZuTdQ

For those new to the case and would like to read a real ransom note that was 3 pages long, and is the original War and Peace of ransom notes. No doubt Patsy new of this crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back