A REAL 3 Page Ransom Note

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
delaney, I found my paperback version of 83 Hours Till Dawn and I'm starting to read the book again. It's such a good book and a true kidnapping story. This is from the 2nd printing July 1972. I had forgotten about the "boy" with Krist.

83 Hours Till Dawn paperback page 66

His Uncle Elliott was on the telephone. "Bobby", he said, "Dr. Lauth wants to talk to you."
"Sit down and listen carefully", Dr Lauth began. In that fraction of a second, Bobby could think of only one thing. His mother or father were dead. Someone was dead. He knew it. He felt oddly relieved when he heard it was the kidnapping. Barbara could have gotten lost and they thought she was kidnapped. But methodically, slowly and clearly Dr. Lauth explained what they knew.

pages 30 and 31:
(synopsis) They tied the mothers hands behind her back and tried to chloroform her, she pretended she was out and he put tape across her mouth. Then she looked up and saw a flickering of Barbara's nightgown going out the door between them. She knocked the receiver off the hook and started screaming:

"The adhesive tape was so loose it was almost falling off. The single piece of tape askew. The boy had just slapped it on. He almost missed my mouth."

Police incident report: Witness said subject was accompanied with a young white boy approximately 12 years old, tied her hands and feet with white cord and put a strip of adhesive tape over her mouth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back