A technical overview of our server issues

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very big thanks from me and the rest of us Aussies, we sure do appreciate being guest here at WS and because of all your hard work and dedication to this forum we are able to post and make new and beautiful friends.

Hope you find the problem and it is not too much of a problem to fix, as I would hate not to be able to come to this site as Im sure many others would miss this place too.

THANKYOU.:D

Yes thank you very much! You might as well of written your explanation in Japanese though because it was all foreign to me hahaha..And I am glad we had to disable the pictures in our posts because that was so annoying to me anyway esp. the huge ones that took up half the page. :crazy:

Tks BigTex. :blowkiss:
Question, is the cache cleared on a regular basis?:waitasec:
We're still getting hang ups even after removing pic's, all saved messages, etc.

Thanks, BigTex!! Wow! I understood everything you said and I don't have a clue why. I appreciate the explanation tho! I do hope you get this thing whipped into shape and the site gets to a stable place. (Maybe next you could work on Britney Spears. hehehe)

Thanks, BigTex!! Wow! I understood everything you said and I don't have a clue why. I appreciate the explanation tho! I do hope you get this thing whipped into shape and the site gets to a stable place.

:laugh: (Maybe next you could work on Britney Spears. hehehe)

Too funny ss......

Thanks SO MUCH for all of the work you are putting in. It is greatly appreciated!

I started to read it, but, ummmmmm....... skipped to the last two paragraphs. Thanks for taking the time out to fill us all in.

Thank you so much. I sort of understand...kind of like when my DH tries to explain accounting to me.

But a HUGE thank you for trying to explain and mostly for trying to keep WS going! Everything you are doing is greatly appreciated, even if we don't know what that is.

I'm curious, what are the hardware (cpu/ram/etc) and software (linux/windows,apache/iis,php) specs of the web server? What is the load on the server in terms of number of concurrent connections?

Just wanted to say thanks too, you saved me a fortune in doctors bills treating my withdrawl symptoms!

Thanks, BigTex! I really appreciate you spending so much time and effort on trying to fix this, and thank you also for explaining it to us. I actually understand what you're saying too, LOL. *gives a big thumbs up*

Thanks for that info, Big Tex. I read everything, but didn't understand any of it.:banghead: But, I sure miss WS when I can't get on, so a big thank you!!!

Gayla

I'm curious, what are the hardware (cpu/ram/etc) and software (linux/windows,apache/iis,php) specs of the web server? What is the load on the server in terms of number of concurrent connections?

Dual Xeon 2Ghz, 1GB Ram (not enough) and 80GB drive running Redhat 9 (2.4 kernel) and apache 1.3.37. The biggest constraint is memory from what i have seen to date.

Thank you--VERY much appreciated! I don't understand all of this, but would it help to limit the quote feature? People don't abuse it a lot, like on other boards, but it is some extra width.

I don't think the quotes really hurt much because they are still all just text rather than the sig pics which (I am guessing) are stored as separate objects in the db.

Right, BigTex, I was referring to Quote versus Reply, independent of other factors such as graphics, and cutting in half is after graphics has been eliminated.

Some who Quote entire large posts every time use up much more bandwidth than the sig text for example. So in terms of text it's significant.

But it's minor compared to all the other temporary fixes you've done. And thanks again.

rd

Well, I did read the overview and didn't totally understand all of it. I was going to read more and page 2 wouldn't load. Then I got "server too busy". So we're still up and down a bit. That was just a couple of minutes ago. I guess we all need to be patient. I've eliminated my picture and never did subscribe to threads. I also cleaned out my pm box.

I read it all and understood every word :liar: THANKS so much Big-Tex for helping us on this.. hugs to you :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime