Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Tex,

You are a wise man, one who "speaks according to need" (to help others understand) and "listens" (fresh or repeated ideas, technically or practically termed, that may lead to solution.) It is obvious that you are NOT afraid to turn "trouble shooting" stones from the ground level up, you have a logical "sort out the dross" trouble shooting mind!

Finally, you have bottled into a nice tight and realistic quote that which I and many of our techno and/or support guru type bud community have felt, known, experienced and had to fight against or work around for many years:

>>"Change is the enemy of a stable system"<<

I LOVE IT!

I always ask, "What has changed since I last worked on your system?" Typical and ridiculous response, "Oh nothing, I haven't changed a thing!" (until we get to the truth!) UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

BUT...you know what has changed, and what hasn't... So, I am now wondering if WS is pushing a limit with this software? Are there comparison sites with the same traffic, settings, allowances? Can you compare their systems, RAM, resource settings? Can you communicate with them to see if they have hit anything like this?

How about database corruption? Any way to export info out, install clean database, and import in to try a cleanup? Mind you that works with the stuff I use, at times, but I don't know vBulletin at all.

Wrinkles

For the curious members, you can get some comparative information from BigBoard by looking thru their database...many of them provide their server configs. If BigTex doesn't mind posting on this thread, his opinion(s) would be informative to the community at large.

Ok I am now locking this thread BigTex out of the kindness of his heart has taken the time to explain what is going on with our server issues and what steps he will be taking to resolve these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor