a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Dr. (of love) Steely! Those lines are awesome and I hate to admit there are many in there I would totally fall for (but not giving up which ones).

Hey on the topic of court observers, I just want to say something.

One thing that we've been talking about at our happy hours and other gatherings is how cool it's been to meet so many new, interesting, smart, genuinely good people through watching this trial together. We consider that we all work together as a team whether we get in the courtroom or not. We all support each other as we support justice and Travis' family in any ways we do. People have sent me cards, and gifts to carry to T's family, PASA every time I'm not in court and at work or whatever, texts me all day keeping me up to date, Anita is always in the loop. We all support each other very well.

No matter where someone is sitting inside the courtroom they will have a unique view of the jury, JA, Martinez or whatever they are seeing. We all catch each other up with interest and value. Everyone's perspective is valued and welcomed. I'm saying this because I want any people thinking of coming to watch in person to take the risk to take notes and post observations. It takes a Village and everyone's unique take is going to offer something we don't get without that sharing. Make sense?

This is how I generally operate in my life...connecting and working with good teams for a sense of expandedness and connection. I do know how to weed out the nuts and PASA is the go to girl for letting you know who to avoid in the public gallery to stay out of trouble and frankly not waste your time with.

We support Katie Wick as one of our own helping her think out loud of what she might say on Dr. Drew and clarify her observations. Bill the producer from dr. Drew often joins us and is such a sweetie. It's a great group of people who've formed connecting at the courthouse. After getting my brother settled in the hospital I was nearby so instead of driving straight home in rush hour traffic I went and met with them at the HH and got lots of hugs and got to distract myself with their thoughts about the trial. A special someone had texted me and asked "I know you want a grey goose martini straight up waiting for you " (which is funny as I've never ordered that but I was like "uh yes!") and I had it waiting for me when I arrived, paid for. I even got invited on a little caper this weekend so am gonna connect with a few of them outside of court on Saturday...I hear mimosas will be involved.

If you're on the fence about coming, please even think about just joining us after court. The conversation is always stimulating and the people are just genuinely interesting, and good.

Just my little Friday morning sharing from the couch before work. :seeya:

Hey Pasa I may try to come down had doggie surgery this week & dang post surgery care is non stop putting on socks blah blah ;)

Anyway you know I'm apprehensive to go but maybe if peeps don't get in we could find place to sit & stream till rooftop rendezvous??

Hope your lil doggie is doing better. Sorry to hear about the surgery.

If you decide to come down, let us know. I'm going at least 1 day and maybe 2? Another WSer is coming into town as well.

Yesterday was no problem getting in, Thursday was packed. I think if Nurmi or the psychologist is still up we have a better chance of getting in. Not exciting testimony but you can see the jury and experience the courtroom.

I'm sure by now you've heard Samuels had ethics issue that bordered illegal & showed bias than independent observation in a custody case.. but goes to show no credible self respecting expert would work for DT IMHO

I heard it last night. I hope it comes out in court. The jury deserves to know so they can make an informed assessment of his testimony. MOO

From what I saw not sure the jury is impressed with him. They were attentive to the testimony but not enthralled, if that makes sense. Of course, it's the observation of a layperson in the gallery. :)

Today's hearing has been moved to Monday at 10:15 per WildAboutTrial.
It seems one of the attorneys had a death in the family.

ETA: ANJ reports hearing now scheduled for 1:30 on Monday.

In the meantime, in case you didn't see the latest crazy Jodi video from Fox

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2228330829001/

Just fell asleep watching this *whatever* and woke up on the couch thinking I was having a nightmare involving a gold brooch , a ring and a brain.

If it involved Gus's doppelganger it wasn't a dream. LOL!!

Haunted by the ghost of Applewhite of Heavens Gate???? :floorlaugh:

Speaking of sleep I should get some.. totally O/T but.. I have an interview tomorrow for U of A ... crossing fingers saying a prayer this could be a game changer for my life! :please:

I'll just use "The Secret" method :floorlaugh:

Gnite all! KATIE LADY get some sleep too!!

Good luck!

Hope to hear more next week when you come down for trial.

HLN just reported today's evidentiary hearing for today is cancelled and rescheduled to 1:30 EST Monday.

:banghead:

KCL, you said a few days ago you heard or knew that Juan had some "bomshells" coming in. Maybe bombshell wasn't the word but...without giving to much info do you think they will be brought in during rebuttal and do you think they are going to have a big affect on the jury?. I am certainly not trying to be Ye of little faith, but I am disappointed that the judge let in the power point and the magazine articles in. I really did not think Samuels was anything special up on the stand. I am not sure of what the evidentiary hearing is about today either. I just don't want a trial by ambush. Nurmi and Wilmont must be taking lessons from Baez.

On another note, I hope you got some rest last night. Prayers for you and your brother...big cyber hug on the way to you.

Before seeing the excerpts from the article I was worried. But once he was on the stand and watching him stumble through it, my worry disappeared.

Nurmi has tried to ambush Juan a few times, and so far it's backfired. I have faith in this jury and believe they are on to Nurmi and ja.

But that's just my take on it. :) So, take it for what it's worth. :)

I just meant that when the info about the third gas can and the Wamu statement "there's more where that came from" meaning info we aren't aware of yet. I have no idea what it may be but I do believe based on a credible source that to be true. I didn't see any of yesterday's witness so am watching him now and I find him not a very commanding witness. And what I'm picking up is that he seems to be someone who primarily gave JA a roadmap of how to behave in front of the jury in order to pull off this charade. That's right up her alley as all she does is mimic how she believes she's to,behave anyway. He's offering up a list of descriptions of behavior and she's taking notes. Of,course once the jury leaves I've seen her brighten up and show animation and her mask of flat affect lifts.

I will name this witness Acting Coach in my observation.

He also doesn't come across that commanding to me other than in his own mind. Juan will make mincemeat out of him.

This case will be decided toward guilt, IMO, primarily on one thing: the brutality and forensics in this crime...9 stab wounds to the back. That and a third gas can.

BBM

Yes, yes, and yes. :) I am total agreement with you on it KatieCool

Well since we have to wait for the continuation of the nefArias trial I'm gonna take a nap. :offtobed: :seeya:

Ok, katiecoolady and PASA, I'm going to go to the courthouse on Monday. :great:

From what PASA has told me, if you go to morning session, you lose your seat for afternoon, so I will probably go to afternoon session. PASA, I would love to sit with you on public side if you go!! :blushing: I suppose I'm gonna get there really early, since I'm coming quite a distance (Indiana), LOL. Hey, had to Spring Break somewhere, right?!?! :floorlaugh:

I would love to attend happy hour any night that week, and the first round of drinks are ON ME! (prob more, as I am a generous drunk, lol.) I can't wait for the beautiful weather, and company as well. And, I can't wait to see this jury! Oh, I hope I get in, if only to see them and see if they match the faces that my mind has created with all of the descriptions here. hahaha. And, I have a couple of true crime books to read by the pool as well. I've never read one true crime book ever, shocking! (these are Ann Rule?)

BTW, last time I was in a courtroom was as a victim, and I was so so frightened. I hope this experience dims that memory. I am ready to move forward in my life, from that nightmare. Everyone here has really helped with that. :grouphug:

ETA: pass a fist, Steely? lmao! fabulous! :floorlaugh:

I would love to sit with you. LMK Sunday evening if you're in town and we can plan to meet up.

I hope your visit to the courthouse will help dim the bad memories.

If the jury gives her death, when they are free to know everything about Jodi Arias...they will never-ever doubt they did the right thing.
Did you all hear Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth (I know, but still- they know criminals and he was one) said they thought Jodi would kill again. I think she is a serial killer type and wonder if she's tried before, sure are a lot of people afraid to speak up about her...wonder what her family is really like, especially the "twins".
I still think Jodi created "gas-lighting" in Travis' life and previous BF's lives. (mess with their heads and create self-doubt)

LOL Dr. (of love) Steely! Those lines are awesome and I hate to admit there are many in there I would totally fall for (but not giving up which ones).

Hey on the topic of court observers, I just want to say something.

One thing that we've been talking about at our happy hours and other gatherings is how cool it's been to meet so many new, interesting, smart, genuinely good people through watching this trial together. We consider that we all work together as a team whether we get in the courtroom or not. We all support each other as we support justice and Travis' family in any ways we do. People have sent me cards, and gifts to carry to T's family, PASA every time I'm not in court and at work or whatever, texts me all day keeping me up to date, Anita is always in the loop. We all support each other very well.

No matter where someone is sitting inside the courtroom they will have a unique view of the jury, JA, Martinez or whatever they are seeing. We all catch each other up with interest and value. Everyone's perspective is valued and welcomed. I'm saying this because I want any people thinking of coming to watch in person to take the risk to take notes and post observations. It takes a Village and everyone's unique take is going to offer something we don't get without that sharing. Make sense?

This is how I generally operate in my life...connecting and working with good teams for a sense of expandedness and connection. I do know how to weed out the nuts and PASA is the go to girl for letting you know who to avoid in the public gallery to stay out of trouble and frankly not waste your time with.

We support Katie Wick as one of our own helping her think out loud of what she might say on Dr. Drew and clarify her observations. Bill the producer from dr. Drew often joins us and is such a sweetie. It's a great group of people who've formed connecting at the courthouse. After getting my brother settled in the hospital I was nearby so instead of driving straight home in rush hour traffic I went and met with them at the HH and got lots of hugs and got to distract myself with their thoughts about the trial. A special someone had texted me and asked "I know you want a grey goose martini straight up waiting for you " (which is funny as I've never ordered that but I was like "uh yes!") and I had it waiting for me when I arrived, paid for. I even got invited on a little caper this weekend so am gonna connect with a few of them outside of court on Saturday...I hear mimosas will be involved.

If you're on the fence about coming, please even think about just joining us after court. The conversation is always stimulating and the people are just genuinely interesting, and good.

Just my little Friday morning sharing from the couch before work. :seeya:

I might do just that! Perhaps post verdict HH celebration. The champagne will be on me. KCL, among our other similarities, I also have an Earthlite table and an assortment of bolsters. :::wink:::: I wouldn't be surprised if we are nearly the same age. I look forward to the coming weeks, but am already dreading the post trial withdrawal.

I might do just that! Perhaps post verdict HH celebration. The champagne will be on me. KCL, among our other similarities, I also have an Earthlite table and an assortment of bolsters. :::wink:::: I wouldn't be surprised if we are nearly the same age. I look forward to the coming weeks, but am already dreading the post trial withdrawal.

believe it or not, Janine driver is also a member of that club. Amazing huh?

I'm 53 but I rock my immaturity with style. ;)

And champagne is my thing....how did you know this?

We will most definitely have a post verdict gathering. I flew in to one of those once. I met Anita Richman at the one we held for the Scott Peterson posters. It's a good wind down. And good to meet people in person. Lifelong friendships have been formed through trials...this one I think would mean a good legacy for Travis who was a "connector" imo.

:nono:

Your emoticon says no, but your eyes say yes!
eyesanim.gif
eyesanim.gif

animated-smileys-laughing-327.gif

Ok you just scared me with my "own eyes". lol

No wonder he moved to Arizona.

It will be interesting to see if JM can get this in when he cross-examines him.

I sure hope so. It's more credible than the magazine article RS was able to use in his testimony. And, the huff post article is written by WSer David Lohr. :)

Just a FYI for the court goers

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball
Thursday next week to be a "dark" day because the last witness will not be available yet. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee