a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so upset with this expert today. He seems convinced you can't fool that test for PTSD. But I believe differently. Those tests are designed for people to answer honestly. Also can you believe he seemed to feel sorry for Jodi's isolation because she couldn't confess to anyone that she slaughtered him? ARGH!!!!

How did the jury seem to be accepting the testimony?

I was under the impression that he was basing his observations/test results on expecting PTSD as the outcome...

At the exclusion of other diagnoses...

many of his observations are found in other disorders... But those other disorders were not even considered...

Medical Analogy...

diagnosis for cancer is made on symptoms of coughing, lethargy and loss of appetite...

Yet these are symptoms for common flu...

Yet the doctor ignores the possibility of the flu being the illness... And sticks with cancer...

KWIM?

I think I'll stay home today, kind of wrung out from last night.

It warmed up pretty quickly from last week. 90's today. Mid-80's forecast for next week.

Cool! Let us know what day you plan to go to trial and I'll do my best to be there.
Any local WSers interested? LMK. :)

Hey Pasa I may try to come down had doggie surgery this week & dang post surgery care is non stop putting on socks blah blah ;)

Anyway you know I'm apprehensive to go but maybe if peeps don't get in we could find place to sit & stream till rooftop rendezvous??

I recall sitting on a bench in Redwood City Courthouse during the Scott Peterson case and talking to a lady (with a friend, I think) from AZ.

....Could it have been Katiecoolady..? If so, it is a small world. I'm trying to recall the conversation. I remember wanting to offer her a place to stay but I thought she said she had a hotel. She was blond.

Very well could have been she was there & had some involvement

Thank you- after over two hours in a waiting room I'm now breaking down and he's getting worse. I hate our healthcare system. Next stop Mexico to just buy some damn meds to have them on hand. This sucks.

Sounds like St Luke's.. that's a brutal waiting area!

"

Just another disorder .... I think it's obvious she's "OCD" along with all of the other things she has going on with her .... :twocents:

Juan must be exhausted after that cross exam ... I hope he has a nice restful few days off .... and is ready to take on Gus's twin brother - what a <mod snip>!

OCD can be a subset characteristic to personality disorders shhh sorry know O/T

Thank you- after over two hours in a waiting room I'm now breaking down and he's getting worse. I hate our healthcare system. Next stop Mexico to just buy some damn meds to have them on hand. This sucks.

Just seeing this now...I can't sleep so I will pray for you both

I have recovered from PTSD and I treat vets with it for free. So arias insulting a whole new group of truly vulnerable people along with her attorneys just adds a whole new level of thinking this jury will sentence her to death. I write this sitting for 6 hrs in a psych ER getting my brother admitted surrounded by true mental illness. Shame on them all wrapping this evil in illness.

I'm sure by now you've heard Samuels had ethics issue that bordered illegal & showed bias than independent observation in a custody case.. but goes to show no credible self respecting expert would work for DT IMHO

I recall sitting on a bench in Redwood City Courthouse during the Scott Peterson case and talking to a lady (with a friend, I think) from AZ.

....Could it have been Katiecoolady..? If so, it is a small world. I'm trying to recall the conversation. I remember wanting to offer her a place to stay but I thought she said she had a hotel. She was blond.

Take a look at this and it may answer your question ;)
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-01-13/news/katie-jordy-s-excellent-adventure/

I feel quite sure it was us! Pm me so I can remember who you are.

I'm sure by now you've heard Samuels had ethics issue that bordered illegal & showed bias than independent observation in a custody case.. but goes to show no credible self respecting expert would work for DT IMHO

Just fell asleep watching this *whatever* and woke up on the couch thinking I was having a nightmare involving a gold brooch , a ring and a brain.

Hey KCL! I was wondering did Janine have an opinion on Maureen's naval intelligence? TIA!

Hey KCL! I was wondering did Janine have an opinion on Maureen's naval intelligence? TIA!

Ya know she kept referencing her to me throughout the day asking "is that the one in the flowered shirt you wanted me to check out?" etc. and then we never went back to revisit it. I will follow up with that on Monday for sure. Thanks for reminding me.

Just fell asleep watching this *whatever* and woke up on the couch thinking I was having a nightmare involving a gold brooch , a ring and a brain.

Haunted by the ghost of Applewhite of Heavens Gate???? :floorlaugh:

Speaking of sleep I should get some.. totally O/T but.. I have an interview tomorrow for U of A ... crossing fingers saying a prayer this could be a game changer for my life! :please:

I'll just use "The Secret" method :floorlaugh:

Gnite all! KATIE LADY get some sleep too!!

Haunted by the ghost of Applewhite of Heavens Gate???? :floorlaugh:

Speaking of sleep I should get some.. totally O/T but.. I have an interview tomorrow for U of A ... crossing fingers saying a prayer this could be a game changer for my life! :please:

I'll just use "The Secret" method :floorlaugh:

Gnite all! KATIE LADY get some sleep too!!

Hey, good luck with your interview! Are you going to be the President of the University? Or the head of the Medical School? I thought so! thinking big. ;) Good luck with whatever your dream is.

Good night!

Thank you for sharing this article! Unbelievable and so exciting! (I had no idea)

I, like many others here, have so much respect for you.

Thank you...I've followed my instincts many times and landed in all kinds of magical situations. That one was totally out of this world. Thanks for reading. :)

KCL, you said a few days ago you heard or knew that Juan had some "bomshells" coming in. Maybe bombshell wasn't the word but...without giving to much info do you think they will be brought in during rebuttal and do you think they are going to have a big affect on the jury?. I am certainly not trying to be Ye of little faith, but I am disappointed that the judge let in the power point and the magazine articles in. I really did not think Samuels was anything special up on the stand. I am not sure of what the evidentiary hearing is about today either. I just don't want a trial by ambush. Nurmi and Wilmont must be taking lessons from Baez.

On another note, I hope you got some rest last night. Prayers for you and your brother...big cyber hug on the way to you.

OH MY LORD, Katie!!! (hope it's OK for me to call you that?)

I had no idea WHATSOEVER when I sent you that PM regarding the post from another site!!
All I can say is WOW, just WOW!!! You truly are a phenomenon....after reading that article, I'm beyond speechless.

Thanks for all you do. Both in person and here on WS.
Prayers for your brother, and you. I've been thru the same with my oldest sister. It's heartbreaking. Bless you!!

Does anyone know who this woman is? She was in court yesterday sitting on the seats that are in front of the gallery seats.

Attachments

• lady in yellow.jpg
    lady in yellow.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics