a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie....(((hugs))) for you and your bro...your such an inspiration. From the first day I connected with you oh so long ago, (Sharon Rocha...ScottP.) you became a hero to me. Its never faulted. Now I see you as a soldier for Travis and his family and it takes my breath away.

Katie....(((hugs))) for you and your bro...your such an inspiration. From the first day I connected with you oh so long ago, (Sharon Rocha...ScottP.) you became a hero to me. Its never faulted. Now I see you as a soldier for Travis and his family and it takes my breath away.

I love you long time too Ladonna. ;)

Still at the hospital he's being admitted now after hours of waiting and suffering (him).

And you suffered right along with him, cause you love him. (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Treat yourself tonight to something nice and know that he'll be receiving qualified care. :rose:

Still at the hospital he's being admitted now after hours of waiting and suffering (him).

Bless his heart, I'm so sorry he's going through this. Did he stop taking something that was working or did it just stop working? There's so little understanding of mental illness, and not nearly enough resources to get help when it's needed.

And never again shall we listen as she slams the carafe of water down, violently removes her jacket, pushes her glasses to her face, show off her "bent finger," run her big mitt-hands through her hair or over her face and never have to wonder who the heck she is smirking at with a vacant face.

In the courtroom all I have to look at is the back of her fugly head. :)

Just got home. Nothing too interesting today that wasn't shown on the feed.

I took some notes and will try to get them up tonight. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.
Need to spend some time with Mr. Pasa before he leaves for work tonight. :)

My observation from the feed I am watching of Nurmi's body language with his murdering client is that he feels very "detached" from her. He faces away from her and does not even seem to notice her sitting there. Would love to her JD's take on this. For those inside courtroom, does he ever talk to her??

KCL, hang in there. Sending you positive energy!

From what I recall he didn't have interaction with her in the courtroom until he questioned her on the stand. Before that any communication with the defense (inside the courtroom) was between ja and Wilmott.

Oh, KCL, I'm so glad they are admitting him. I'm sorry you are dealing with this after the super emotional week you've had. Big hugs to you.
:hug:

Glad to know he has been admitted and will get medication and care.

Enjoy your evening, and some relaxation with good friends. :)

In the courtroom all I have to look at is the back of her fugly head. :)

Just got home. Nothing too interesting today that wasn't shown on the feed.

I took some notes and will try to get them up tonight. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.
Need to spend some time with Mr. Pasa before he leaves for work tonight. :)

I'm so upset with this expert today. He seems convinced you can't fool that test for PTSD. But I believe differently. Those tests are designed for people to answer honestly. Also can you believe he seemed to feel sorry for Jodi's isolation because she couldn't confess to anyone that she slaughtered him? ARGH!!!!

How did the jury seem to be accepting the testimony?

Poor Pasa! This afternoon must have been mind-numbing and she couldn't hit the 'mute' button. Were the jury members tearing pages out of their notebooks and using them to spell S.O.S in letters large enough to be seen by low flying aircraft? I would have.

LOL! Not a lot of note taking.

I do have to say the psychologist for the defense looks a lot more like Gus in person than on TV (watching Dr. Drew now).

I'm so upset with this expert today. He seems convinced you can't fool that test for PTSD. But I believe differently. Those tests are designed for people to answer honestly. Also can you believe he seemed to feel sorry for Jodi's isolation because she couldn't confess to anyone that she slaughtered him? ARGH!!!!

How did the jury seem to be accepting the testimony?

I don't know how he came across on the feed, but in the courtroom he didn't seem quite sure of himself on a couple of issues. I can't recall what they were, but I felt he was giving points to the state without trying.

Talking to a few who were in the gallery, we felt she could have learned her faked PTSD symptoms (if she had any) in jail. I'm sure there are others in jail who were actually abused and were helpful with their stories. MOO

The jury was paying attention and taking notes early on. I saw some questions go into the basket. That being said, I don't think any of the testimony today will help ja.

I am more of a lurker than a poster, but you have hurt me in my soul. Thank you for being you! You are the kindness person I know, and yes, it comes through your posts! You are the genuine article! A winner! My prayers go to you and your brother. Thank you again for being YOU, Katie!! Love and Hugzzz!

For me it's just the ritualistic 'pull out chair - sit in chair- pick up pitcher - pour water into cup - take small sip'...even when the microphone is on and there's NO OTHER noise in the courtroom, doesn't matter - must be done.. I'd feel so awkward, maybe wait till a sidebar...With NOTHING else happening & knowing this is on national TV..it's just weird.
"

Just another disorder .... I think it's obvious she's "OCD" along with all of the other things she has going on with her .... :twocents:

Juan must be exhausted after that cross exam ... I hope he has a nice restful few days off .... and is ready to take on Gus's twin brother - what a <mod snip>!

I don't know how he came across on the feed, but in the courtroom he didn't seem quite sure of himself on a couple of issues. I can't recall what they were, but I felt he was giving points to the state without trying.

Talking to a few who were in the gallery, we felt she could have learned her faked PTSD symptoms (if she had any) in jail. I'm sure there are others in jail who were actually abused and were helpful with their stories. MOO

The jury was paying attention and taking notes early on. I saw some questions go into the basket. That being said, I don't think any of the testimony today will help ja.
It's obvious to anyone who has every been or known a PTSD patient that Jodi doesn't have this problem.

Patients with PTSD score low on neuropsychological tests of memory. Their memory retention is crap. Memory retention is always negatively correlated with PTSD symptoms. Meaning: Patients with better memory retention have fewer and less severe PTSD symptoms.

We&#8217;ve all watched Jodi recall very specific dates and very specific times from 5 years ago to the present. She doesn&#8217;t have memory problems and therefore, she doesn&#8217;t have PTSD symptoms.

This paid witness is exactly that. He is a PAID witness for the defense.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I have recovered from PTSD and I treat vets with it for free. So arias insulting a whole new group of truly vulnerable people along with her attorneys just adds a whole new level of thinking this jury will sentence her to death. I write this sitting for 6 hrs in a psych ER getting my brother admitted surrounded by true mental illness. Shame on them all wrapping this evil in illness.

I've had PTSD too. What they are doing turns my stomach. So sorry Katie to hear about your brother, he is lucky to have you. Hugs Katie~

I have recovered from PTSD and I treat vets with it for free. So arias insulting a whole new group of truly vulnerable people along with her attorneys just adds a whole new level of thinking this jury will sentence her to death. I write this sitting for 6 hrs in a psych ER getting my brother admitted surrounded by true mental illness. Shame on them all wrapping this evil in illness.

I spent 15 exhausting years caring for a schizoaffective, bipolar, depressed Dad. I want to hug you harder every day.

I spent 15 exhausting years caring for a schizoaffective, bipolar, depressed Dad. I want to hug you harder very day.

I want to send her a big hug too. :hug: And I am happy to hear that her brother understands the situation, and is willing to go to the hospital. My little brother had Paranoid Schizophrenia---and was very resistant and obstinate about receiving any treatment. He even became violent at times in response to such a suggestion. My prayers go out to KCL and her sensible brother. She is doing a great job and he is lucky to have her beside him. :heartbeat:

I recall sitting on a bench in Redwood City Courthouse during the Scott Peterson case and talking to a lady (with a friend, I think) from AZ.

....Could it have been Katiecoolady..? If so, it is a small world. I'm trying to recall the conversation. I remember wanting to offer her a place to stay but I thought she said she had a hotel. She was blond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member